[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to decrease BF% by eating maintenance but consistently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: alan.png (246KB, 370x354px) Image search: [Google]
alan.png
246KB, 370x354px
Is it possible to decrease BF% by eating maintenance but consistently gaining muscle? So basically replacing the fat with muscle in the body. I hate cutting and was hoping to become lower bf this way.
>>
>>36831353
yes, just eat lots of protein. like 2.4-3.4g/kg lean mass per day. and lift, obvs.
>>
No, it's a meme
>>
File: dickpiano6.png (164KB, 318x352px) Image search: [Google]
dickpiano6.png
164KB, 318x352px
>>36831353
>replacing the fat with muscle in the bod
>>
>>36831373
That sounds a bit excessive? Most studies suggest 1,5 - 2 g/kg to be sufficient enough.

>>36831397
And why is that
>>
>>36831353
Im doing that right now but on dat cell tech,doesn't work so well for nattys it will take way longer to put on the size
>>
maintenance means the amount you need to maintain your weight as it is now - if you're adding weight (even if it's muscle) then you're in a surplus.

if you add muscle then your bf% will go down even if you're not losing fat, yes - it might not be as much as you would expect.

I use this tool to calculate it

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/28/fat-free-mass-index-ffmi

so enter in your details now (height/weight/bf%) and then note down the lean mass result which it tells you - then you enter in the height/weight/bf% which you'd like to be and that'll tell you how much muscle mass you need to add to achieve it.
>>
>>36831559
Wouldn't that mean I'm in a small deficit instead of a surplus? Assuming I'm gaining muscle weight steadily
>>
File: 1455211381443.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455211381443.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
>>36831660
>gaining
>deficit

Pick one
>>
>>36831660
surplus means adding weight
deficit means losing weight

maintenance is staying the same weight

you'll be reducing your bf% but that isn't the same as being in a deficit.
>>
>>36831353

Nope. Tried it. Its just spinning wheels.

Bulk/Cut, compounds, progressive overload and bodyweight only lifts are the way. The only way.
>>
Is it possible for me to make noob muscle gains while eating at a calorie deficit?
>>
>>36831931
yes

>>36831697
it works for most people, it just takes forever
>>
>>36831353
>replacing the fat with muscle
stop trying to avoid the cut and just embrace it. you'll get frustrated with the slow progress if you try this shit anyway.
>>
>>36831353

If you're a beginner sure. Eat at maintenance and you won't gain any fat, but you will increase lean body mass and spread that fat out over the muscle, effectively decreasing your bodyfat.

The more advanced you are the harder it is to gain strength on a cut.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.