[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So squat shoes are meant to be advantageous because they have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: weight lifting 4.jpg (204KB, 960x1005px) Image search: [Google]
weight lifting 4.jpg
204KB, 960x1005px
So squat shoes are meant to be advantageous because they have firm soles (so firm contact with the ground) and raised heels (easier to drive through the heels/mid-foot). Kinda pricey though. Would wearing some normal dress shoes have the same result? Obvious disadvantage would be looking like the king of the dorks.
>>
Take off your shoes and put your heels on some 5lb plates. If you want to wear shoes still, anything with a flat sole is fine. I hear converse are good for this?
>>
>>36827884

Try your standard converse high top all Stars. Cheaper and you'll get solid results with them
>>
Unless you're squatting at least 3 plates, the advantage of raised heels is pretty negligible
Get a pair of Converse and you'll be all set
>>
I just wear the flat vans. Never had problems
>>
Theoretically, sure. It's painfully obvious that no one in this thread squats more than 100 kilos lmao
>>
Anyone else read "squat hoes"
>>
>>36827884
I squat 210kg and I legitimately prefer, and am stronger barefoot.

But if you want to experiment with it, just put some plates or a plank or something under your heels.
>>
File: Godelli in PL2s.jpg (80KB, 672x708px) Image search: [Google]
Godelli in PL2s.jpg
80KB, 672x708px
>>36827884

The adidas PL2 cost me 65U$. I've heard of people on /fit/ getting them for as low as 50U$. That's literally the price of a chuck.

And people have won weightlifting gold medals in the WWC with them, and broken powerlifting squatting world records in the IPF.
>>
I'm using hand-me-downs from my uncle. Basic rubber shoes mostly used for basketball I think(?)

Are they okay for general lifting?
>>
Tony Curtis is a qt
>>
>>36827884
>squat shoes are meant to be advantageous because they have firm soles (so firm contact with the ground)

They're meant to have HARD contact, so that energy is not lost in compression

Dress shoes' soles are too soft

>>36831022
Are you talking about Chucks? They're alright for a while, but once they wear out, treat yourself
>>
>>36831771
>Are you talking about Chucks?
no, your basic running or basketball shoes I guess
>>
>>36831819

Are the soles compressible?
If yes, don't use them.
If only a tiny bit, you'll be fine.
>>
>>36831845
only a tiny bit or sort of. I usually workout barefoot, but moved to the country and the only gym forbids barefoot/slippers and requires shoes.

strapped for cash right now and I can't afford to buy actual weightlifting shoes nor chucks.
>>
>>36831869

Lift barefeet or socks or whatever. Running shoes compress a lot more than a "tiny bit"
>>
>>36830701
>65U$
Is that in tranny money or normal human currency?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.