[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /fit/ add to their oats? Milk? Water? What kind of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (47KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 380x380px
What does /fit/ add to their oats? Milk? Water? What kind of spices/seasoning?
Water is so fuckin shit. I tried it for the first time and it just makes it dry as fuck.
Also nesquik in oats, oishii desu ne
>>
>>36825395
Water, cinnamon, fresh fruits and a teaspoon of vanilla sugar
>>
>>36825395
instant oatmeal, fuck right off cunt
>>
Raisins!
>>
>>36825395
Unsweetened almond milk, frozen blueberries and cinnamon.
>>
>1 cup oats
>1 cup egg whites
>1 scoop protein
>1/2 cup milk
>raisins
>>
>>36825460
gross
>>
>>36825395
Walnuts, honey, whole milk, dates (dried), small scoop of chocolate protein powder. With some eggs it's a godly breakfast
>>
>>36825480
how much is your scoop of protein? I' thought of adding protein to my oats but i feel like it's would be too much. 1 scoop is already good for 6oz of milk, but a cup of oats which are probably dry as fuck? wouldn't that just make it even drier and all pasty
>>
>>36825519
24g protein, but it blends pretty well with the egg whites and milk. I eat it right after my workout with a cup of coffee.
>>
>>36825519
Breh you have to account for the protein powder when adding the milk. 1.5x whatever you use should be the right amount But yes, since the oats inevitably soak up your hot protein milk, it will be thicker than normal
>>
Why do people not like dry oats? That shit is pretty noice. Just boil it in water and eat it like it is with some nuts and berries, you can eat it dry / without any milk or water.
>>
>>36825678
>boil it in (keyword) WATER
>why do people need WATER
>>
I love oats with just tons of stuff piled on
Any kind of fruit cut up, banana is great also apple or berries etc
Cocoa is good just mixed in
Yogurt milk etc
Nuts are a great addition or any kind of seeds eg sunflower
The more stuff you add the less bland and pasty (duh)
>>
cook in about 1:1 water to milk. sometimes I go closer to 2:1 with more milk
add a pinch of salt
consider adding a teaspoon or so of butter

sometimes I'll eat it like that, although I think rye flakes are better than oats if you don't want to add any sweetness

so for oats I typically do one of two things. I either add a bunch of cinnamon and then add 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup, or I add a bunch of peanut butter and 1-2 teaspoons of brown sugar. the sugar probably isn't needed if you use a pb like jiff, but I grind up my own and I like having that bit of sweetness.
>>
>>36825708
What I mean is, why can't you just boil it so that it comes out dry? Just don't use as much water. You don't need to make it soggy, or add any water/milk afterwards.
>>
File: EBIN, SIMPLY EBIN.gif (2MB, 260x242px) Image search: [Google]
EBIN, SIMPLY EBIN.gif
2MB, 260x242px
i use steel cut rolled oats

boil water, put oats in, lower the heat and stir for 20 minutes

add 1 banana, 20g protein, blueberries, couple pinches of flax, brown sugar, small amount of whole milk, macadamia/walnuts, 1tbsp natural peanut butter, honey, fried egg on the side with a tall ass glass of water
>>
>ITT: anons turn their god tier fitness food into children's cereal

Enjoy your Lucky Charms
>>
can someone red pill a noob on oats? Like, what can I buy that I just add water or milk to and eat, what stuff isn't edible out of the box, etc.

There are so many kinds of oats at the grocery store but the ones I've looked at don't have instructions on them (or the instructions are covered by fucking import stickers) and I'm lost. Other than sugartastic quaker cereal, I have no clue what I can buy and how I can stuff it into my face.
>>
>>36825808
children's cereals like lucky charms are 30% sugar

adding some raisins or a teaspoon or two of sugar doesn't get anywhere near close to how shitty children's cereals are
>>
>>36825811
You fuckin kidding me? What are you 5?
>>
>>36825811
>Step 1: Buy some oats. Any normal non-fancy kind will do
>Step 2: Go home and cry about life
>Step 3: Put the oats in the tears in a 1:1 ratio and boil that shit up real good
>Step 4: Get that shit in a bowl, add nuts, berries, mushrooms, w/e you want, go wild.
>Step 5: Put oats in mouth
>Step 6: ??????
>Step 7: Gains
>>
>>36825808
>fruits and nuts in oats is an equivalent to children's cereal
>>
>>36825811
>redpill me on x
You browse /pol/ too much
That also shows because you're fuckin over thinking buying oatmeal
It's FUCKIN OATMEAL
what, do you need /pol/ to hold your hand on how to buy shit next?
>>
I have a nutribullet. I put in one cup of oats, two tbls of peanut butter, two table spoons of hemp seeds, two scoops of whey protien, and if I want to treat my self a tbls of honey. Fill the cup with milk and blend into a delicious shake.
>>
120g of oat meal with whole milk. I don't add anything in particular, I actually like the taste.
>>
>>36825856
You don't boil the oats or anything?
>>
>>36825865
Not the same guy, but boiling oats gives it a terrible texture. It's better enjoyed in its purest form, raw.
>>
>>36825865
>>36825872
No, the oats blend just fine. I use "old fashioned" aka rolled oats, quaker brand from costco
>>
>>36825872
Most patrician way of eating oats is pouring oats into bowl and adding nothing but whole milk
>>
>>36825885
Do u swallow without chewing?
>>
>>36825395
I eat these oats, every morning. Three packets with black coffee.
>>
File: kNZ2Kkw.png (291KB, 740x586px) Image search: [Google]
kNZ2Kkw.png
291KB, 740x586px
>>36825395
i put a banana, a bit of milk, and some nesquick too.

i'm gonna try to add peanut butter , soon, but idk how it will be, i never tasted peanut butter.
>>
>>36825920
Dice half an apple and add some raisins with that banana.
>>
>>36825904
Chew them, swallow them as you're putting more in your mouth.

If you really can't stand the taste for some reason, then just eat something else. Don't force yourself to eat something don't like.
>>
>>36825910
you eat 3 packets of op's pic every morning? how do you afford all those individual packets? wouldn't it be more cost effective to just buy a big ass tub and add your own spices.
I actually eat it too, but only 1 a day..
>>
Half water, half milk with a chopped up banana for flavour.
>>
>>36825474
this guy has it
>>
>>36825949
Yee. Afford oats? Two boxes (each box has ten packets) are $5 at Walmart. Each month I purchase 12 boxes which is only $30 dollars. It would be more cost effect however these are very convenient for my mornings.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.