[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ I'm new here, but i need life advice. I am 22

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Hey /fit/ I'm new here, but i need life advice. I am 22 years old and i'm around 400 pounds all my life i was a fat guy but i want to change my life for the better. Last week i started this "Warrior diet" thing for about a week now and it's a living hell. I have no real source of income other then my welfare. So i can't really pay 100-200$ for gym. what are my options?
>>
YMCA has financial assistance + most gyms are like $40 a month.
>no excuses
>>
>>36806957
Walk.
>>
24hr is $29 a month for me

What gym is over $100? Better be amazing
>>
>>36806957
Eating less does not cost more.
>>
>>36806957
What the actual fuck is a warrior diet?

What made you think that was a better idea than to count your calories, find your maintenance and eat at a caloric deficit to lose weight?

>>36807007
This
>>
>>36806957
You can go to 24 hours for like 30 bucks a month.

And if you're starting from absolute 0 in terms of no physical activity at all in your life, even planet fitness at 10 dollars a month wouldn't be a bad idea, cardio machines and light free weights would be a fine starting point. (Just don't eat the pizza, bagels, and tootsie rolls).

You don't need to follow the warrior diet, paleo, keto, whatever new atkins bullshit.

Just figure our your tdee (google search gives many results) and eat between 500 to 1000 calories under that a day.

Make smarter food choices in general, track your calories, and you'll be shedding the pounds in no time.
>>
>>36806957

> I am 22 years old and i'm around 400 pounds all my life

There's no point lying to us.

> Last week i started this "Warrior diet" thing for about a week now and it's a living hell.

Deal with it.

Learn some fucking discipline.
>>
>>36806957
You don't need to do a special diet, you just need to eat less.
You could eat and drink the same garbage you did when you were 400lbs, so long as you ate smaller amounts you'd lose weight. But you should eat healthy because nutrients and vitamins make you feel less terrible.
>>
Litterally planet fitness. Only because $10 a month but also the treadmills and stationary bikes will help your knees and ankles from dying from hard concrete. Take plenty of fish oil and just keep it up. Slap yourself if you think of skipping a workout day.
>>
>>36806957
>what are my options?
you're options are:
a: discipline yourself
b: die
400 pounds of bodyweight will kill you. discipline is the only thing that can save you from that. stop complaining and start getting shit done.
>>
you dont need a gym at 400 pounds dude, just walk around for a year and stop eating. Then come back to this board.
>>
>>36808269
also my gym is like 20 euros a month, so 25-30 usd a month, everyone can afford this and if not get a small job to pay for it if your health is of any value to you
>>
Good luck looking like you are fucking melting after losing all that fat
>>
>>36806957
>all my life i was a fat guy
You are not fat, you are horizontally challenged, don't let these bigots tell you otherwise
>>
>>36806957
Lmao these guys paying 30$ a month for 24h gym, I'm paying 15$. There's really no excuse for you, OP. Eat 1200cal daily and clean. Do swimming/walking to not fuck up your ankles.
>>
Eating less is free.

Walking is free.

I was 389lbs in 2010. I was 187lbs on Jan 1 2015.

Make a MyFitnessPal account, set up your goals, and just meet your numbers every day.

Skip the shitty fad diets
>>
>>36806957
stop falling for meme diets and fads

READ
THE
FUCKING
YOU
FAT
PIECE
OF SHIT
>>
>>36806957

Okay. I'm feeling generous, so I'll treat you like one of my morbidly obese clients. Generally, we have to deal with a couple different things at once.

The most important area to start with is diet, obviously. With your weight, and knowing nothing about you, I'd start around 2800 Calories a day for two weeks to see how much weight you lose if any. If you lose less than 1.5 lbs. drop 100 Calories and try again for a week, otherwise just keep at that level. How do we do this? We use a free online website called myfitnesspal and you record EVERY SINGLE THING that you eat. Buy a digital scale and measuring cups. These are required. Enjoy Total Raisin Bran? Welp, 1 serving is precisely 53g. Studies show those who are successful with diets actually record their food intake.

Next, we have to deal with exercise. Go to Wall-Mart and buy a $10 pedometer. If you have a smart phone, then it might already have that built in. Wear it for a week consistently, and determine how many steps you take in an average day. Take that weekly average and add 250 steps per day each week. Every month you'll add an entire 1,000 steps. In one year, no matter how low you start, you'll be in a good range.

The next thing is "triggers." You need to keep a journal about your attitudes and moods when you overeat. A lot of people are mood eaters etc. etc. so identifying that and trying to avoid those situations is a must.

As you might have noticed, I didn't actually list what to eat. For right now, it isn't important. Keep your Calories in a range in which you lose at least 1.5 lbs. a week. Lifting and such can also wait unless you have equipment available.

Good tips: Eat small and often. Buy some tiny plastic containers and put 1 oz. portions of nuts in them. Have easy "emergency food" like Steamfresh bags or frozen berries.
>>
OP abandoned ship
He probably quit after he read the first post that said "walk".

Fucking loser
>>
>>36808980

Obese people, in general, are frustrating to help. The saddest thing is, most of the problems generate from their own devices.
>>
Read the sticky then get the fuck out of here you piece of shit
>>
Want to know how I know you didn't read the sticky?
>>
>>36808364
sticky has been down for days

feelsbadman
>>
>>36806957
Start with your diet and walking. Then move on to calisthenics. Google 6 point pushups.
>>
You may want to deal with your emotions while also trying to deal with your diet. Take time for yourself to figure out why it is you have such a hard time controlling yourself when it comes to eating, and let yourself work through any negative emotions that may pop up.

I personally wouldn't waste time at a gym because it ends up feeling very much like you -have- to go versus doing some fun alternative that will make you want to go. If your going to pay for something, pay for an iPod and good headphones and go on pleasent walks to let your mind meditate, or use the pool at the gym once or twice a week.

As for food, along with all the calorie cutting, google simple alternative recipes based around what you already know you like in food. You don't want to be eating shit that you hate the taste of because it's a buzzkill. Just slowly start replacing bad ingredients with good shit like fruits and nuts, or a little less butter in your cooking. Small steps anon, and making it enjoyable will go a long way to making it into a permanent habit.
>>
>>36806957
lemee see some pics please
>>
>>36809280
because it's down?
>>
File: 1414679973696.jpg (62KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1414679973696.jpg
62KB, 450x450px
>>36806957
>I am 22
>around 400 pounds
>>
>>36806957
Watch this, pretty much the same story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8svuSIYQu74

Go for it champ!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.