[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>third day on keto >on verge of breaking down and going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1458949267739.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1458949267739.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>third day on keto
>on verge of breaking down and going to Jack in the Box

Should I just do it? Is keto even worth it? I"m already 12% bf and I hate feeling so weak and mentally not there.
>>
>>36780818
have some fucking self control fatass
>>
>>36780818
>go get Jack in the box
>buy whatever
>get home and throw out all the fries /bread
>?????????
>profit
>>
If you're just looking to shed fat you don't have to do keto

If you're looking to get shredded stick with it. Cause you aint gonna lose water weight eating burgers
>>
>>36780818
helo mistress rato
>>
>eating fast food
>making it

Pick one

Takes about a week to adjust to a keto diet anyway, but it's proven to be a more effective means of cutting body fat in the short run. If you're already at 12%, you honestly don't need to go keto mode unless you need to meet a strict weight class in a short time span
>>
>>36780871

Keto is not a more effective means of cutting body fat, it's a more effective way of cutting body WEIGHT, because you shed water. Which is very helpful in certain contexts but may not be what everyone is after
>>
>>36780871

Also burgers have a decent macro profile, it's the fries that are shit
>>
>>36780818
It is just keto flu. Read ketogains on reddit.
Keep going!
>>
>thread about nutrition on page 1 making fun of normies eating habits
>this thread

Always proof when you need it on how lousy /fit/ is with nutrition.
>>
File: steve reeves.jpg (183KB, 873x1100px) Image search: [Google]
steve reeves.jpg
183KB, 873x1100px
>>36780818
Maybe keto isn't for you?

Try a diet you think you can stick to. Intermittent Fasting, for instance. if that doesn't work, maybe head over to /r/leangains.

When you use rhetoric like "break down" it throws up a red flag that you need energy. Eat more carbs.

This is supposed to make your life better. If you feel restricted to the point where you fantasize about a binge at jack in the box, you should make a change.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 559x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 559x598px
>>36780930
>>36780977
>reddit
>>
>>36780818
>eggs
>avocados
>cheese
>non-greasy meat

There you go, anon.
>>
>>36780818
give it at least a week. that could be just adaptation.
>>
>>36780818

As long as you ONLY eat the meat and cheese, and throw the buns, fries, soda, ketchup etc. in the trash, then yeah, actually, this won't kill you.

What you are experiencing is known as the "keto flu". It is normal for the first week or two. It does go away. What is happening behind the scenes is that your body is literally addicted to sugar, chemically no different from nicotine/caffeine/etc. addiction. You are quitting sugar cold turkey, and are experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Fight through it, anon. Be strong.
>>
>>36780907
How the fuck does a ketogenic diet cause you to shed water weight? That makes literally no sense. Your body's water composition should remain the same as long as you take in the recommended amount of water.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26410589

>While both diets significantly decreased body fat mass, the KD diet overall proved to have a higher percentage of fat loss versus the MD diet
>>
>>36781096
natural diuretic along with body not storing water in muscles for glycogen.
>>
>>36780907

Yes and no. It's a different way to approach achieving a caloric deficit and managing cravings. Yes, you drop a lot of water weight in the first week which will level off, but that doesn't mean you won't burn fat if you stick with it.
>>
>>36781096

I don't know the science behind it but I can personally attest that it does. I started it 6 months ago. At first I was literally losing a pound a day, thinking this is fucking awesome. Then I remember, I had some salad dressing that had literally one gram of sugar in it, and my weight loss seemed to stop. I thought I fucked up big time. But my body was just adjusting to the much more realistic pace of a pound a week.
>>
>>36780818
Dude just drink so tea no sugar or some lemon water or apple cider vinegar use braggs
>>
>>36781096

>How the fuck does a ketogenic diet cause you to shed water weight?

Because carbs cause water retention

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26410589

They don't show their numbers. They don't even say that they controlled for total caloric intake.
>>
>>36780818
when you get into keto you wont be hungy, its the transition period that sucks
>>
File: 1460061025046.png (128KB, 312x320px) Image search: [Google]
1460061025046.png
128KB, 312x320px
>>36780818
just do intermittent fasting and get shredded like every other non-idiot you fat douche
>>
"You'll 100% feel like shit during transitioning" is a false meme among the keto community. Feeling like shit on keto is from low electrolytes, SODIUM. You need ALOT of sodium, min 5gms/day, mix 1/2 tbsp in with some eggs and youll feel better.
>>
first week is rough... if you stay low carb u eventually start feeling pretty good after 1-2weeks and then you won't crave any type of starchy carb or sugary food.
>>
Just eat carbs but stay at a calorie deficit...

Is it really that hard?

Keto is a meme
>>
>>36782006

This helps, and is needed as you said, but there definitely is a 2 to 7 day period, for most people, where there are strong feelings of sluggishness, headache, irritability, etc.
>>
Just start regularly consuming the semen of a Canadian zionist puppet who may or not have murdered several people a few years back.

It looks like you're already on the right track.
>>
>>36782006
Potassium is the hardest electrolyte to get in during keto

But honestly Keto is a meme because you're depriving your body of carbs

Carbs have 0 negative affect when you're in a calorie deficit
>>
>>36780818
2nd day here, barely slept and felt beat to shit when I woke up this morning. Had a coffee and this passed. Any other ketofags eating their cum to retain as much protein as possible? I know I am...
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.