[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here /fitbit/? I was thinking about getting one but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Anyone here /fitbit/? I was thinking about getting one but I really don't see how the price is justified for the simple shit they do.

I really only want something that monitors my heart rate and blood pressure, and hopefully tells the time if it's going to be on my wrist all day. Do they even monitor blood pressure?

What's your take on these things?
>>
>>36775590
get a MI band, 13/20 dollars depending on where you buy it, does the same
>>
>>36775590
I got a fitbit charge HR for my birthday a few months back. It's useful to track sleep and to gauge activity level throughout the day, but other than that, it doesn't do much of anything else.

I like it as a gift but I wouldn't spend my own personal money on one.
>>
>>36775658
So do these tell your blood pressure or what?
>>
they look cool but i dont think they can be accurate at all especially while doing cardio

the technology just isnt there yet i need accuracy and don't want to wear a heart strap to get it
>>
>>36775665
>tell your blood pressure

topkek
>>
Those wristband trackers make you look like an absolute faggot.
Get a Fitbit One. You can tuck the one in your pocket and it does what you basically need, step counting.
Heart rate monitoring is not really needed for 90% of your day, except when you're doing cardio (then too, optional).
>>
>>36775590
They can't monitor your blood pressure moron
>>
>>36775716
what about V02 max?
>>
>>36775590
Got one (Christmas' present), absolutely unnecessary gimmick. Won't recommend. I've used it for like one month.
Also, it's really, really imprecise. Useless botnet
>>
>>36775686
>>36775716
*unsheathes katana*

Hey fuck you. I don't know anything about them, but I know 3D printers exist, as well as self charging batteries, hoverboards, jetpacks, nuclear bombs, interplanetary vehicles and thorium, which is all pretty fucking amazing, so why wouldn't something portable exist that tells your blood pressure? Fuck you.
>>
>>36775706
I really don't even want it for the fitness aspect. I just want to monitor how my heart is functioning. Heart disease might run in my family (both grandfathers died relatively young from heart attacks @ 35 and 54, but they were both heavy smokers and drinkers), so I'm real anal about how well my heart is functioning.
>>
>>36776053
they dont do that yet. certain models can read pulse but thats it
>>
>>36775761
>>36776053
It's not going to help you monitor your heart in any meaningful way. Heart rate gives little information about heart health.
If heart attacks run in your family, watch your lipid profile, don't smoke, do cardio, be active, watch your weight, and avoid refined carbs and saturated fats. Monitoring your blood pressure makes sense, but activity trackers don't do it well. Buy a home BP machine (pretty cheap, easy to use).
Heart rate monitoring is more useful to gauge the efficiency of your cardio workout, not very useful for general cardiac health.
Hope that helps.
>>
>>36775590
Do you have a cellphone? Literally does the same thing
>>
>>36776113
does it make me look like a faggot though?
>>
>>36775590
I am actually an owner of a fitbit surge.
It is a nice piece on my wrist to be honest.
Aesthetically it looks sharp.

I got it because at the time i was both interested in health devices and smart watches.

To be honest though i find it to give a very rough estimate of daily activities. I find it really inaccurate at daily activities. For instance it will calculate your time at the gym REALLY nicely, however it will really fail at catching work related movements I do at my job at the warehouse.

The app if you never have had a fitbit is actually kind of nice. It profiles all the stats well and is really relatively out of the box.

I highly suggest picking up a fitbit alta or chargeHR if your interested. Pick it up at a retail store so you can return it if you do not like what you get.
>>
>>36776168
not bias.
>>
>>36776107
That does help, thank you. I wasn't aware blood pressure machines were so cheap.
>>36776113
Yeah, but you have to get it out of your pocket, unlock the screen, click on whatever app, risk the spyware on your phone, etc, etc, and I know phones couldn't chel your blood pressure where as I wasn't aware of fitbits having some method in their bands of detecting it, which is why I asked. But yeah, with apps doing basically everything a fitbit does, I really don't understand the ridiculous prices.
>>36776133
I bet you're one of those tryhard faggots that that thinks a "real man" looks like a viking and has a man bun. Bruh. It's a fucking watch. How wearing a watch makes you a faggot I don't understand. Quit being such a tryhard. Your opinions are cringeworthy.

>>36776168
That's nice to know, but, speaking for myself, I don't really see the value added by owning one. Heart rate is nice, but I already have a free app that does that. Calories burned? I'm not really worried about that since my workout routine has been showing me steady progress over the years. Was honestly hoping on there would be more on the heart monitoring aspect of these things. Maybe at some point I'll need a fitbit for what it does now, but at this point in my life there is no value added by these things.

Thanks everyone for responding though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.