[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Things no one ever told you about getting fit Intimidating/looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

> Things no one ever told you about getting fit

Intimidating/looking intimidating in general.

Got invited out to a bar last night and when I walked through the door a good chunk of people stopped and stared at me. It was some trivia game night so when I got up to give my answer to the DJ I noticed he looked at me like I was ready to beat him up. Felt weird desu senpai.
>>
>>36711472

You probably always look tense. I know a couple of autists who do that
>>
>>36711472
Maybe you're just really ugly?
>>
>>36711481

I smoke a ton for my social anxiety and I've been told that I'm easy to get along with, probably not that.

>>36711491

Thanks.
>>
Post body. You'd have to be HUGE for it to work like that.
>>
>>36711523

This. It most likely isn't your muscles.
>>
Itt: Jason Blahah goes to a bar and everyone stares at the monster
>>
>>36711472
Its like you're the opposite of masT. People shriek & hold back vomit, but he thinks they're "miring".
>>
>>36711623

>not The Monster

you tried breh, 6/10
>>
>>36711472
That you fall asleep much faster.
When I was dyel and malnourished I'd lie in bed and just wait to fall asleep, now I'm out less than 5 minutes after I lie down.
>>
>>36711689
Tfw phone posting from the shower on rest day
>>
>>36711481
>mfw I'm one of those people
I cant help it, its just the way my face settles.
>>
Smile and laugh more.
>>
File: 1459959671595.png (167KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1459959671595.png
167KB, 396x385px
>>36711472
>be black and big

All the time
>>
>>36711472
unless you're over 6'5 and 270lbs+ then there's no way it's because of how big you are. more likely you're just very self conscious and have a resting bitch face.
>>
File: feels.gif (13KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
feels.gif
13KB, 633x758px
>tfw hot guys get uncomfortable when you try talking to them since you got fit
It wasn’t supposed to be this way
>>
>>36713890

You don't have to be quite that big. I get looked at and sized up all the time at 6'2" and 265. Not lean probably 20-22% bf.
>>
>>36711472
>tfw other guys just assume im gay because I don't like conventional sports and I do not talk about videogames in public
>>
>>36711472
>get into debate
>"whoah man calm down dont get crazy"
>>
>>36714207
every fucking time.
>>
File: 1452537182287.jpg (103KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1452537182287.jpg
103KB, 894x894px
>>36711472
>no one warned you that the bar will gently cradle your balls at the top of a deadlift

T-thanks Rippetoe
>>
File: 1459695004667.png (453KB, 496x484px) Image search: [Google]
1459695004667.png
453KB, 496x484px
>>36713951
>>36714207

I hate these fucking feels.
>>
>>36714113
Have you considered sucking dick?

>>36714207
I find women tend to do that more, especially when they're losing an argument or make unsubstantiated claims.

>Why are you angry, anon? It's not even that important.

Because then that traps you in the loop of trying to explain that you're not angry, which they take as evidence that you're angry and that means they don't have to be in a conversation with you because you're 'angry.'
>>
>Everyone says you look great and would slay blah blah
>Look in the mirror and think you look like fresh shit.

Nobody told me that /fit/ does this to you.
>>
>>36714858
I'd never met a group of people as insecure about themselves as /fit/izens (excluding redditors and robots). The public perception around lifting seems like anyone who takes it seriously is a vain cunt, but I can't think of having met too many vain lifters.
>>
Clothes fit you is my biggest one. Clothing never fit when I was a fatty.
>>
>>36715023
either people who lift are insecure, or just humble in general

i dont think too many people who take lifting seriously are vain or shallow, i havent met any myself
>>
>>36714763
>Because then that traps you in the loop of trying to explain that you're not angry, which they take as evidence that you're angry and that means they don't have to be in a conversation with you because you're 'angry.'
Instead of explaining that you're not angry say "Look at my face. Do you see a frown?".
>>
File: 1398143349993.jpg (91KB, 693x781px) Image search: [Google]
1398143349993.jpg
91KB, 693x781px
>>36714510
>nobody cares what you do in the gym.

i love it
>>
>>36714207

>woah bro calm down
>cool down with the roid rage ok?

i'm obviously not on juice you snarky little shit. it's always some skinnyfat who says it too.
>>
>>36715060
Different guy but that would never work for me, if the conversation progressed to that point they'd probably be able to see the manifest disappointment in my eyes. It honestly happens way too often when you suddenly realize that no matter what, you and this person just shouldn't be wasting each other's time with the others presence, and that's being generous because I know that even the most cucked wage slave facebooking neet normie is just fine so long as they do that shit in their life and I do my shit in my mine.
>>
File: rexbannerbirthday.jpg (18KB, 509x349px) Image search: [Google]
rexbannerbirthday.jpg
18KB, 509x349px
>>36715185
First day on /fit/? Just hit up a Gym Stories thread. People are watching and judging you constantly. You probably even have a nickname you don't know about.
>>
>>36711472
>Intimidating/looking intimidating

Probably only happens if you're tall and lift. Jacked manlets still don't have any presence.
>>
>>36715440
Not the same dude but apparantly im the guy that deadlifts too loudly
>>
>>36716871
Did you set off the Lunk Alarm?
>>
>Intimidating/looking intimidating

Iktf OP. It was always kinda like this during my high school years but now that I'm /fit/ at 6'2 and 200 Ibs everyone is constantly eyeing me up, even going as far as moving out of my way in heavily crowded places. I always tend to have this look (apparently) on my face as if I'm angry or something and that puts people off from talking to me because they assume I'm not in the right mood but that's just how my face is. That feeling goes away for them once a conversation happens and I find myself subconsciously smiling more times then I can count.

>tl;dr smile more.
>>
I do feel like when i speak up in class/lectures people tend to actually listen

Like i feel like in my English class everyone seems chatty all day, even when others are talking to the professor and what not, but when i give my opinions or answer a question, i feel like the class goes dead silent

And the only reason I realized it was because my friend in that class told me about

>"dude everytime you speak up the class goes silent "
>>
>>36716951
Every time. After I finish my deads I like to gather up all the 5 pound plates and stone cold whip them at the human planetoids in the cardio section as I shout demeaning fat shame slogans at them. Then I like to finish off my routine by beating them over their heads with a foam roller as they waddle away from me, all the while loudly reminding them they'll never have thin genetics like mine. As I walk out the gym leaving a trail of chalk dust in my wake, I grab 3 or 4 boxes of the complimentary pizza as my post-workout meal, citing thin privileges when they ask me when they try to stop me.

The gym I go to isn't too accommodating for people of my size, I guess. The people there are too judgmental.
>>
>>36711472
>want to look like a cute little girl
>instead born a burly man
>now I vow to hone my body so that I can become the protector of cute little girls
>>
>>36717945
This. I can't become a little girl anyway so might aswell become a manly man.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.