[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> The average exercise bike has 39 times more germs than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (17KB, 308x185px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 308x185px
> The average exercise bike has 39 times more germs than a tray from a school cafeteria.

> The typical treadmill has 74 times more bacteria than a public bathroom faucet.

> And, the typical set of free weights average 362 times more germs than a toilet seat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3528955/How-going-gym-BAD-health-Free-weights-362-TIMES-bacteria-toilet-seat.html

So /fit/ who else has bacterial wipes in their gym bag?
>>
File: IMG_20160225_185530272.jpg (448KB, 792x760px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160225_185530272.jpg
448KB, 792x760px
>>36698404
not me i just don't go to a public gym
and my girlfriend cleans my gym every week
>>
>>36698404
Who cares? Non pathogenic
>>
Yeah gyms are disgusting, no matter how many times it's clean. People in general are just gross. I wipe down everything after I use it and try to put a towel down but the odds of contracting something through your skin is very remote. You have to have like an open wound to get something
>>
Sterilization causes superbacteria. The best thing to do is keep everything somewhat dirty, to keep your immune system strong

I haven't been particularly sick in years (no noticeable colds or stomach issues) because I'm a gross slob
>>
>>36698404
and that s why people who lift are more resistant to disease than the retard that wash his hand every second with those alcool gel.
>>
>>36698404
What are you some weak hypochondriac faggot? It's bacteria, it's fucking everywhere. just deal with it if you have a functioning immune system
>>
clearly then lifting is unhealthy and we all need to stop
>>
>>36698447
This
>>
File: 1443914804730s.jpg (3KB, 107x125px) Image search: [Google]
1443914804730s.jpg
3KB, 107x125px
>hurr bacteria and fungi are bad
>mom didn't let me play in the sandpit because of MUH GERMS
>w-wait are you going to disregard Pasteur and eat that NON PASTEURIZED cheese. It's like 9/11 all over again
>I'm so fragile and have an immune system of an aidetic child so I have to take care

Anon you sound like a soccer mom. We evolved eating dirt and for centuries we didn't even had plumbing. Stop with this faggotry and start being more of a man and less of a pussy.
>>
>>36698463
this.
OP is confirmed faggot
>>
The weights at my gym are old and filthy, makes me wash my hands every time after I touch my phone because I use that for music at the gym.

>>36698447
This. Chinese chicken are infected with one that can't be killed, could possibly end all meat supply in time.
>>
>not lifting exclusively in a hazmat suit.

It's like you guys enjoy not making it.
>>
>>36698404
Bacteria is good for you friendo

I got the strep throat a few years back and rather than getting antibiotics like a baby I worked through it. Guess what, I've never had strep throat again because my body just acclimated to that shit

Fuck sterilizing everything and fuck antibiotics unless you're a child or elderly

The only things that need sterilization are bathroom mold and raw meat
>>
>>36698404
>not getting a stronger immune system by coming in contact with different bacteria
I bet you often get the flu as well OP
>>
Immune system's gotta work out too, bruh
>>
>>36698480
How does it "make" you wash your hands? Are you worried about some bar rust on your phone screen? Or are you just a faggot?
>>
>>36698427
That's a pretty nice gym desu. How much you pay?
>>
>>36698404
Reasonably sure it is not an issue, unless you are going to gym and licking the weights.
>>
I got infections in my fingers. I've been building my home gym since
>>
>>36698404
That's why you have skin m8. It keeps bacteria out. Don't lick the barbell and you'll be fine.
>>
>>36698404
I use transdermal hormones and don't wash my hands after applying.

Some of it surely gets onto the dumbbells I use. So technically a lot of guys at my gym aren't natty anymore.

I make sure to never use women weights though. So it's safe. Only gains now...
>>
>>36698517
People with cologne touch the bars and get it all over, when I touch my phone it starts to smell like some sweaty fuckers cologne, filled with germs, I got an ear infection when I itched my ear after lifting.

So call me a faggot and blah blah blah I don't give a shit.
>>
>>36698404

>than a toilet seat

That old retarded factoid. A toilet seat is relatively clean. Your phone has more bacteria than a toilet seat. Most things do you fucking idiot.
>>
>>36698645

ugh so glad someone brought this up. Bathrooms and toilets in general are typically much MUCH cleaner than other house hold items because we clean then with incredibly strong chemicals, where as most items we use daily are rarely disinfected and are far more bacteria ridden than a toilet ie. Mouse/Keyboard.cellphones/door handles stair railings/desks in a classroom/shopping cart handles etc etc.
>>
>>36698404
While it's true that the gym is fucking filthy, the trick is to wash your hands afterwards, and to not touch your mouth or eyes.

I had previously gotten the flu 3 times from the gym. Each time because I unconsciously closed a pop top water bottle with my palm.

I'm more aware now, I haven't caught the flu in 2 years.
>>
>>36698447
I really don't think that's how it works.

so are you saying the more people that have aids the more people will be immune to it?
>>
>>36698447
Likely you haven't been sick in years is because you aren't in contact with the general population any more. Puberty is a time where everyone catches every known ailment known to man. Kids are dirty as fuck, and spread fucking everything.
As adults you aren't forced to be in contact with 280 retards every day. You aren't in close physical proximity with that many people any more, and if you are, you are more careful about washing your hands afterwards, or just generally people avoid you, if you're some kind of super-slob.

Adults just don't get sick as much.
>>
>>36698404
Wow, breaking news, people tough shit and it gets DIRTY?

I just wash my hands before and after touching my dick to take a piss when I'm in the gym and use slippers in the shower. Never caught anything and I rarely get a flu.

>but m-muh anecdotal evidence

Ask how many people you want, but the gyms I've been too haven't really been black plague centres.
>>
>>36698404
Exposure to bacteria makes you stronk bro.
Disinfecting stuff is actually counter productive because when you disinfect something you don't kill all the bacteria. Those who survive eventually creates a strain which is unaffected by common disinfectants. Why do you think antibiotics aren't prescribed if something else would do the job? Why do you think superbugs exist?

What I'm saying is eat shit, literally. It's good for you.
>>
>>36698703
No, see >>36699367
You're essentially accelerating evolution favoring those who are immune to your disinfectants.
>>
How dirty would my home gym be if no one else has used it?

(i bought everything new because im autistic and dont like used stuff)
>>
ITT : Microphobic nu beta males

Actually, getting exposed to germs makes you immune system stronger, it's proven. And if you eat healthy and don't overtrain, you are likely immune to flu and colds
>>
>>36698404
Ain't got more bacteria than my toilet :^)
>>
>>36698703
aids isn't bacterial are you dense
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 800x600px
>>36698404
Next time wear this shit when you go to the gym then, faggot
>>
>>36698685
Toilet seat is also relatively clean because you only touch it with your thighs/hams. Those areas are quite germ free so the toilet seat actually is too.

It's not like you rub shit all over the fucking toilet seat
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.