[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with millenials and fitness? Why are they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: 1438466993864.png (752KB, 868x651px) Image search: [Google]
1438466993864.png
752KB, 868x651px
What's wrong with millenials and fitness?

Why are they so fat, skinny, lanky, whatever

How do we fix this??
>>
>>36675511
They're too consumed with the internet and all the various media that is available to them to take care of their health.

Mostly.
>>
Tbh. They listen to the wrong people because they lack positive role models.
>>
>>36675511

What's this guy's YouTube again? I feel sorry for him
All I remember us him goobing out a hunk of snot from his nose mid video
>>
>>36675511

You know the majority of people here are in their 20s and would probably be considered millenials, right?
>>
>>36675537
>I feel sorry for him
jep, poor guy.. needs a lot of effort and surgerys to fix his past
>>
>>36675527
nailed it.
>>
>Howe and Strauss define the Millennial cohort as consisting of individuals born between 1982 and 2004.

if you're born before '81 and still posting on 4chan, you are a fucking failure lmao. get off the internet op you old faggot
>>
>>36675567
This. I don't get why there's so many ITT talking against millennials. If you're over 25 and still on 4chan, you should be asking what's wrong with yourself rather than what's wrong with others.
>>
less convenience?

llke really

make cars obsolete, limit the amount of time any one person can spend on the internet, get rid of video games, annhialate television

basically rewind several decades and then a century or so
>>
>>36675695
>internet only exists for me REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36675738
mad that i outed you as a 30 year old (at least, lmfao) weird faggot that hates on the younger generation?
>>
>>36675511
Estrogen at an all time high and Test at an all time low.
>>
File: image.png (417KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
417KB, 500x671px
Xenoestrogens in plastics
>>
File: Dan the Man.jpg (225KB, 1127x424px) Image search: [Google]
Dan the Man.jpg
225KB, 1127x424px
>>36675511
With natty skateboard squats
>>
>>36675752
not even mad
I enjoy the company of fellow anonymous fools on the internet.

The world existed before you and I and the world will continue to exist long past you and I. Doesn't mean one cannot enjoy ageless lowbrow humor.
>>
File: wallylsdlaaaarge.jpg (192KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallylsdlaaaarge.jpg
192KB, 1920x1080px
>>36675752
Gee I sure am looking forward to having faggots make fun of me for being 30 online.
>high school pls go
>>
>>36675511
Implying some of the fattest fucks aren't baby boomers
>>
>>36675695

35 here. Have a job. Relatively well adjusted. Married. Never leaving 4chan.

I now cordially invite you to insert a certain part of yourself into one of your orifices in particular.
>>
>>36675800
>>36675907
>>36675944

Remember lads, if you ever feel pathetic, remember these guys exist.
>>
File: 1459980899151.png (560KB, 498x490px) Image search: [Google]
1459980899151.png
560KB, 498x490px
millenials lack a code.

they lack heroes who invoke virtue upon them.
example: Achilles, Odysseus.

or even a code: chivarly, bushido etc

and finally no Gods to guide them (no not everyone should be a believer)

so they have pop culture

pop culture is based on 15 seconds of fame, nothing solid, nothing moral, just greed and short lived fame.
>>
>>36676040
lmfao holy shit what a fedora tipping post

protip: if millenials don't have heroes from thousands of years ago, neither do you. if we don't have a code of ethics from medieval europe or japan, neither do you
>>
>>36676040
We used to look up to modern day "gods" in the form of comic books heroes (and anime, sentai etc)

but that's been watered downed as well with "hot topics" (SJW, race, feminism). Men nolonger have their own culture in a sense.

Leading to 2 routes: violence (thug culture, allah ackbar etc) or slave to the new feminist overlords (nu males etc) to access females.
>>
>>36676069
You dare doubt my adherence to Bushido?
*teleports behind you, unzips katana*
Prepare yourself.
>>
>tfw Millenial (22)
>mfw I'm a well adjusted young adult besides being on 4chan
>>
>>36676117
cool story faggot
>>
>>36676097
or in the end we just keep our heads buried in the sand with distractions such as video games.
>>
>>36676130
>>36676097
Jokes on you dweebs I lift for Batman.
>>
baby boomers shaped the post-modern world

its their fault
>>
File: hallelujah.jpg (17KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
hallelujah.jpg
17KB, 600x339px
>>36676098
'Psh, nothing personnel kid' I whisper. *Kisses picture of Scooby and unzips olympic bar from the holder*
>>
>>36676164
lmao

>>36676069
Thats the thing mate, you live in a era where relativism runs wild, you're drenched in it that you're still stuck in plato's cave.
>>
>>36676040
As cringey as it sounds, anon has a point.

With postmodernity came the belief that ideologies held no real truth, and that everything was a social construct.

They do not feel a pressure to conform to social norms, because they are arbitrary.
This is also why some of them think they can force society to change to accept their failure of an existence, as nothing has inherent value other than what they ascribe to it.
>>
File: dasitmane.png (870KB, 1195x659px) Image search: [Google]
dasitmane.png
870KB, 1195x659px
>>36675511

OK, I'll bite. I am 36 (inb4 all the "too old for 4chan" summerfags) and I have a few theories on this, but before I go into it, I want to say a good thing about millenials:

More millenials are conscious of fitness and making efforts to be fit than in prior generations. More high schoolers and twentysomethings are hitting the gym, running, crossfitting, whatever, than the last two generations.

So it's not for a lack of trying. What could it possibly be?

My entirely broscientifical theories on the matter:

1. People's gut flora are all kinds of fucked up. Since gut flora has been shown to affect mood, I think this impacts depression in that generation as well. But whatever pesticides are on food, or the chemicals in processed food, are leaving people with fucked up gut flora. This is going to affect how food is absorbed. It certainly would explain hardgainers.

2. Stress levels are higher. Name someone under 30 who owns their own property, has paid off their student loans, has good career prospects, etc. and I will show you an anomaly. More stress = more cortisol, and that is basically going to act catabolically on muscle and shunt calories toward fat.

3. Less manual labor. People were stressed in the Great Depression, but most of them were doing public works as part of the New Deal so they were at least working some of that stress away. Hands down, there is no better way to shed fat or lose muscle than loaded carries, and those labor jobs just aren't here anymore. Or, if they are, they are viewed with scorn by millenials, because these days, you need to get your awesome unpaid internship if you want even the slightest hope of getting a good job elsewhere. Gone are the days where you worked as a construction worker or whatever and then cut over to whatever non-labor job you wanted.

How to fix this: Eat your yogurt, do loaded carries. People who volunteer for peace corps/Habitat for Humanity construction projects tend to have good bodies, that's why.
>>
Because they are a bunch of nerds who sit around and watch twitch/youtube all day.
>>
>>36676349
but what made them nerds?
>>
>>36675783
is he natty?
>>
>>36675537
https://www.youtube.com/user/farshnuke
>>
>>36675705

are you saying its okay to be a loser if you're under 25?
>>
>>36675511
You're on 4chan, you should probably focus on fixing yourself first.
>>
File: Laughing shoes.png (159KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing shoes.png
159KB, 255x255px
I'm so glad I have the millennials to snake people extension.
>>
>>36676598
Yeah
>>
>>36675705
what is supposed to change at 25 that makes it so you can't go on 4chan
>>
>>36675511
Its all the people who told them that they are all winners and they should never change. That they are perfect the way they are. Previous generations experimented on millenials and fucked them up big time.

Bunch of betas now.
>>
>>36676773
not the poster you're replying to but

transportation, post-highschool education, some time in the workforce as an entry level joe.

it's a time frame where you should land on your feet in a sense.
>>
>>36676816
you didnt even remotely answer my question
>>
>>36676816
>transportation
Most people have been working towards their first shitty little vehicle from 14. (midwest based)
>post highschool education
Valid
>entry level joe at 25
Wew lad what the hell have you been doing with your life that you are just getting entry level at 25? I get it if you're /r9k/ and making an effort to fix your life but if you are just some normal dude you fucked up.
>>
>>36675511
Millenials aren't that bad, although the question may be why obesity Rae's are rising. I think at first it was the rise of fast food, which got parents addicted who pass it on to children. The only thing I think is keeping it together now is all of the fat people making jokes like "Excersize? I thought you said extra fries XDDDDDDD" and "I'm into fitness. Fit'n'this whole pizza into my mouth" on social media. People read these and laugh partly because it's kind of clever, but mostly because it assures them this unhealthy behavior is completely normal.
>>
>>36677623
"some time in the workforce as an entry level joe" and atleast on the way up is what I meant, no need to dissect my words.

and transportation isn't really the same everywhere a car in nyc is not the same as car where you're from
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.