[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone "redpill" me on alcohol? I get that it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: You're spilling it asshole.jpg (476KB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
You're spilling it asshole.jpg
476KB, 3648x2736px
Can someone "redpill" me on alcohol? I get that it's bad and I barely ever drink it, but why is it so bad? Why does it "kill gains". I never really got a good explanation on this.
>>
im not a medfag but i think its something about how if youre drinking then your liver processes the alcohol for a day instead of doing like normal upkeep on muscles and whatnot
>>
Pretty simple. Do you want your body to be recovering from alcohol hangover or recovering your muscles and increasing gains?
>>
>>36665370
people focus more on the effects of alcohol than the amount of calories that go along with it
>>
>>36665404
why can't it do both?
>>
>>36665370
Alcohol intake inhibits muscle protein synthesis

I have a shitton of studies and the mechanism of it.. just cant remember where i put it
>>
>>36665420
it can it's just slower

now gtfo
>>
>>36665385
>liver
>muscle upkeep

W E W

Bio student who sometimes sits in on an A&P course. The liver is responsible for collecting and distributing the amino acids which compose proteins, among other things. Any muscle regeneration or maintenance occurs at the sarcomere level, which is to say that it occurs at the individual protein level inside muscle cells. If alcohol intake had something to do with limiting muscle growth, it would be from the failure of the body to collect protein subunits (amino acids) effectively due to the effect of alcohol on the liver and kidneys.
When intoxicated, the liver may stop uptaking amino acids, I honestly don't know. If this is the case, then the amino acids would remain in the blood until they enter another cell and are used for other purposes.
>>
>one beer is equivalent to 7 slices of bread (except low carb beer)

>anything mixed with coke

>poor food choices when drunk/hungover
>>
>>36665370
It's empty calories
>>
>>36666745
>one beer is equivalent to 7 slices of bread (except low carb beer)
wtf kind of bread are you eating? either you dont know how to slice bread or you dont know how to count calories
>>
>>36666745
How many carbs is Rum?
>>
its makes me stronger.
>>
So far no one has mentioned that alcohol will raise estrogen levels in men and raise testosterone in women
>>
>>36668025
ethanol is about 7 kcal per gram.
You can get the calories from just the ethanol by multiplying the drinks proof by 0.8
>>
>>36666745
Even straight vodka is about 100 calories per 1.5 oz shot
>>
>>36665370
Your body isn't built to consume alcohol. It's not a carb, protein, or fat. It's something foreign to the body. It's not metabolized by every cell of the body, it's broken down in the liver by enzymes like most foreign substances. Unlike most other foreign substances you ingest shitloads of alcohol, about 10000 times more than you do the active substance of any other drug.

The work it takes to clean that shit out of your body disrupts your normal metabolism. It's hard to explain specifically how because it's hard to describe hangover in terms of biological pathways, it's too large scale. It's like how swallowing a fist of sand would make you feel shit and would affect your work-out performance, not because sand interacts with receptors in your brain, but because it's not supposed to be there and it's obviously disrupting things.
>>
>>36669620
All right, that sounds pretty clear. Thanks.
>>
File: alcholog_consumption.jpg (89KB, 541x573px) Image search: [Google]
alcholog_consumption.jpg
89KB, 541x573px
>>36665370
>>
>>36666745
Ayeeee poor food choices is number 1, I really don't give a flying fuck scoffing down 3k worth of an XL pizza after a night out and desu it feels amazing. The next day however...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.