[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I noticed I'm getting annoying eyelid twitches and don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1458238974223.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458238974223.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I noticed I'm getting annoying eyelid twitches and don't get a good sleep when I run more than usual and lift. Are these symptoms of overtraining?
>>
Sounds like symptoms of overiPhone in bed when you should be sleeping
>>
>>36655308
Overtraining is a myth.
Under recovery is real.

Get more sleep.
>>
this is a pretty common problem. Here's an instructional video with some helpful tips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGDk8UjQp38
>>
>eyelid twitches

Eat a banana, the potassium helps with small muscle twitches like that. I get them sometimes but it's a real quick fix, K?
>>
Magnesium and/or potassium deficiency.
>>
>>36655308
It's possible. Exercise is in some ways a stressor. Could also be from stress, or you have primary insomnia which causes the stress and the twitch.

Can't really say, I'm just a random on a Vietnamese raw noodle forum.
>>
I get this when I'm drinking too much coffee and staring at screens for too long everyday.

Stress doesn't help. Cardio, working out does.
>>
>>36655308
Do you take zinc?
>>
>>36658194
Nope, the only pills I take is Vitamin D3.
>>
>>36655308
Yes. I get the same when I train too much.
>>
Buy 3 kg's of bananas and EAT. If you wont be able to eat all of them you can massage your prostate with one. Win-win.
>>
>>36655308
Magnesium
>>
>>36655308
It is very hard to actually overtrain and you are probably not an elite athlete who will suffer from that.

It is very easy to under recover as >>36655385
points out. In addition, it is very easy to sweat out lots of water soluble minerals and vitamins that are instrumental in sleep. These include:

- potassium (hence the twitches)
- vitamin B6
- zinc
- magnesium

The trendy concoction du jour to use is ZMA (Zinc Magnesium Aspartate, often with added B6 and/or Valerian); I use it, but I suspect that separate zinc and magnesium supplements would be cheaper. Remember that calcium interrupts absorption of magnesium (and, I think, zinc), so take it on an empty stomach or at least separate from dairy and cruciferous vegetables.
>>
>>36660163
So you can't stay properly nourished without external sources of vitamins, despite of having a decent diet, when you do 5-6 training sessions per week? People who lived in the times prior to the invention of artificial supplements must've had it rough, because they were exterting their bodies much more than I.
>>
>>36660332

I'm not prescribing what to do - I am pointing out the facts on the ground are going to trump theory. If you aren't sleeping well and the supplements help, then you likely have a deficiency. If you aren't sleeping well and they don't, you have another problem. Dead ancient people aren't going to change this.

> tldr: get empirical
>>
>>36655308
I've had these eyelid twitches for a while now as well.
Dont run, but I can I could sleep more (6-7)
It's been getting worse the last days, meaning I catch myself more often
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.