[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just fucked up my shoulder big time, full recovery is expected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: shoulder_pain[1].png (568KB, 923x614px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder_pain[1].png
568KB, 923x614px
I just fucked up my shoulder big time, full recovery is expected to take half a year or more. I fucking hate my life right now, I can't even do squat for god's sake.

So I wondered, how can I maintain muscle mass or even build with a useless shoulder?
>>
Legs. Literally every day.
>>
what did you do anon
>>
>>36627799
this, warn us about it
>>
>>36627799
>>36627817
I was doing DB bench press, and on the last rep I allowed the shoulders to come a forward to get up from position easier. Immediately when I did this my right arm got a little bit out of balance. Then I could just feel the bone in my arm "sinking" into the shoulder joint, accompanied with a grinding sound, probably the sound of the labrum ripping apart.
>>
File: get_well.jpg (164KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
get_well.jpg
164KB, 720x960px
>>36627938
did you see a doc?
>>
>>36627938
that sucks op.. get enough proteins in your recovery to prevent alot of muscle loss! you will lose muscles tough, no question, sry

btw. http://www.muscleforlife.com/muscle-memory/

and heads up!
>>
>>36628013
Yes, the doctor ordered an MRI for further diagnosis, but he said labral tear was very likely according to the symptoms and how it happened.
>>
>>36628024
Thanks, muscle memory sure helps. But you don't think working out legs might release some hormones that allow me to keep more muscle on the upper body?
>>
File: fgn.png (204KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
fgn.png
204KB, 800x670px
>other people suffering with shoulder issues
>>
>>36627938
sounds about right. Dumbbells should only be used at low weight for high reps. Heavy dumbbells are a one way ticket to snap city
>>
shoulder injuries are cancerous.
>>
>>36628156
Man, how I wish someone had told me that before.
>>
>>36628146
i dont know, but it will not hurt, so train your legs like a beast :)
>>
>>36627752
Don't worry about it m8, had the same thing 2 years ago.

Recovery took ~6 months, 12 months until I was back where I was before the injury (benchpress 1RM 120kg).

The recovery tought me how to bench properly for my leverages, due to horrible pain when movement is wrong.
It also made me stick to volume work for a fucking year. No PRs, no 5RMs, no stupid shit, just building muscles for a fuckning year.

Now I bench press 140kg as an every day max.
Shoulder still clicks when I warm it up and joint movement is a bit limited (can't grab my hands behind my back if injured shoulder is on top, can do it the other way), but other than that, I only grew from training light around my injury.
>>
Do swimming and hydrotherapy man. It takes a long fucking time but you can at least maintain your muscle
>>
>>36627752
I feel you anon, a couple of years ago I almost ripped my right infraspinatus & rhomboid and so my scapulae bone was no longer stuck on the back of my ribcage. Lost like 2/3 of my back muscle mass.
>>
I fucked up my rotator cuff three months ago and currently I'm in my first week back to the gym after the accident. The only advice I can give is watch what you eat more than ever and if one day you wake up with less pain, don't try your luck. Many other patients at the physio where I was going had 6 to 9 months of shoulder problems because of the excuse "It felt ok in the morning, so I didn't obeyed your orders of not exercising"
>>
>>36628269
That's actually pretty fucking comforting to hear, thanks.

Reading that I tried doing a push-up, and I noticed it doesn't hurt when the form is absolutely perfect. Maybe I might be able to do some light hypertrophy work after-all (gonna ask my doc first, though).

I just wonder, what did your typical routine look like?
>>
>>36628339
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna wait this out until I get a green light from the doc
>>
>>36628304
At this time I don't think I'm be able to swim, but maybe some time in the future.
>>
>>36628146
Nope, the only way to prevent muscle loss would be roids
>>
File: Doug-Pitt[1].jpg (18KB, 425x512px) Image search: [Google]
Doug-Pitt[1].jpg
18KB, 425x512px
Two weeks ago I didn't bench right and my right shoulder hurt a few days. Now the pain is gone but sometimes it "clicks" into a certain position where i have trouble moving and it hurts. Anyone else has this? Should I visit a doc?
>>
>>36628434
Before my injury I had some clicking in my shoulder, and although it didn't hurt I lowered the weight to focus on form and be on the safe side. Nevertheless, I snapped my shit up a few weeks later.

I would definitely get that checked out.
>>
>>36628459
Shit, how long did you have to recover?
>>
My shoulder clicks a lot on lat pulldowns and sometimes bench. I've also got a noticeable burning sensation that comes and goes - usually when I'm sitting in certain positions, and almost never while lifting. Any ideas lads?
>>
File: idort.png (27KB, 792x688px) Image search: [Google]
idort.png
27KB, 792x688px
Pic related happened to me once.
For 2 days my that shoulder was in pain, then came monday and I hit a new PR with my shoulder press.
Shit literally went away after that.
>>
>>36628478
I'm OP, shoulda made that clear. Recovery is probably gonna take half a year or more.

I don't know if your problem will cause any injury, but clicking and pain is generally a major red flag. I got the clicking even with light weight, which made me think it was normal, so I thought it was fine to gradually increase the weight. I know, fucking stupid.
>>
>>36628585
Fuggg, what did your doc say it was? How do I prevent snap city?
>>
>>36628392
Not sure if you're still here, but I had something similar happen took about 2 weeks to start lifting again still hurt in certain positions! just use strict form and youll be fine
>>
>>36628595
Probably labrum tear. I think you're fine as long as you just avoid that clicking and pain, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>36628799
thanks
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.