[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is barefoot running safe, or is it just a meme? I want to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Running Form.jpg (107KB, 575x656px) Image search: [Google]
Running Form.jpg
107KB, 575x656px
Is barefoot running safe, or is it just a meme?

I want to start jogging, and eventually running, but I'm too poor to afford a decent pair of running shoes.
>>
>>36617840
Don't know if it's unsafe, but it's definitely a meme.
>>
If you're running on soil it's ideal, but you shouldn't do it on hard flat surfaces like pavement.
>>
>>36617840
lt's not a may may, it seems you're too stupid to know what a may may is.
>>
shoes were made to protect your feet silly

sell your computer for cheap running shoes if you're that strapped on cash
>>
>>36617865
Yeah, I was only going to do it on soil.

>>36617877
I would probably an hero in an months without a computer, so that's not an option.
>>
>>36617935
>soil
if you get even a smallest scratch you will get an infection. bacterial or fungal, either way it will get straight to your blood, meaning it can affect any of your organs, including brain.
>>
>>36618014
t. Bubble Boy
>>
File: 1456341730594.jpg (31KB, 609x612px) Image search: [Google]
1456341730594.jpg
31KB, 609x612px
>>36618014

That was one of the most retarded things I've ever read.

Don't listen to this faggot, he has no clue what he's talking about.
>>
Enjoy your hookwork and tetanus.
>>
>>36618226
>Two species of hookworms commonly infect humans: Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus. A. duodenale predominates in the Middle East, North Africa, India and (formerly) in southern Europe, while N. americanus predominates in the Americas, Sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia, China, and Indonesia.
I'm in Northern Europe, so it seems like I'm not at risk for hookworm.

As for tetanus, I had a jab for that as a child so I should be fine on that front too.
>>
>>36617840
>is barefoot running safe

nigga we've been running longer than we've had shoes. Of course it's safe. However your delicate little pampered feet and calves will need to build up to it, cause you're weak as hell.
>>
>>36618393
>However your delicate little pampered feet and calves will need to build up to it, cause you're weak as hell.
Any advice on that front? I was thinking of using the Couch To 5K guide.
>>
>>36618352
Tatenus shots need to be done again every so often.

Anyways though, just buy a cheap pair of water shoes if you can't afford minimal running shoes. Protect your feet, you only have one of them
>>
>>36618428
try jogging on a soft surface like dirt or sand, build up to assfault. Don't do too much time or distance to start, just take it slow. Modern shoes really do atrophy the required stuff to run barefoot safely
>>
>>36618666
Yeah, helps to wear flat shoes for everyday tasks too. If you're used to wearing shoes with a heel, the muscles and tendons in the back of your leg could be shortened.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.