[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that everyone at my gym does this retarded behind-the-neck-press?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Why is it that everyone at my gym does this retarded behind-the-neck-press?
Is it popular or what?
I never see anyone talking about them on here
>>
They're looking to develop some sweet shoulder impingement.
>>
Snap city express is driven by BTN press.
>>
>>36616791
>>36616803
Is it better or worse if I see people doing that in the smith machine?
>>
>>36616864
BTN drives it, but the vehicle is a Smith machine
>>
Does it really matter vs standing shoulder press?
>>
>stalled on OHP at 30kg
>every time I move up to 32.5kg I miss reps
>started eating more just for this one lift
>bought some dip bars to train on the side

I see crazy starts posted here and elsewhere.
What do you do when you're stuck on a lift at an embarrassingly low weight?
>>
>>36621071
Do more submaximal volume
>>
>>36621254
I don't know what that is.
>>
Yeah, I've seen people doing that on two occasions where I was in a position to ask them about it.

One told me it was an "overhead press" and acted like I was retarded for not knowing what it was. The other said it was a military press and when I said I think he's doing it wrong he told me that we must have each just learned different variations.

People are dumb.
>>
>>36621268
It's steroids
>>
>>36621071
3 sets of 5, proper nutrition, growth stimulus. Alternate between doing 5 reps (and trying to increase the 5 rep weight), and your 1 rep max.
>>
>>36616775

Because most people are stupid.

You'd think the whole curlbro meme was bullshit but you'll be surprised at how many stupid people go to the gym. Their goals are mostly just to "tone" or maintain. They have zero ambition and zero knowledge compared to even the dumbest guy on this board. The reason why most people aren't jacked and swole is because most people don't care enough about lifting and building muscle to do things right. Why do you think machines are so popular despite barbells being better at everything? Because most people are stupid.
>>
>>36621268
No but really I think he's saying do more reps at lower weight
>>
>>36621071
Are you me? My strategy is to work shrugs into my routine to build up my traps and help my shoulders get in better position. I'm confident that my arms are strong enough... the lift still feels so awkward for some reason.
>>
>>36621071
you rid of your giant ego and gain some knowledge
>>
>>36616775
I used to use a smith machine to do this exercise. The hardest part is maintaining a completely straight bar path, so a vertical smith machine is awesome. My new gym has smith machines that move on an angle...kinda retarded

It really built my shoulders
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.