[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here row? I'm interested in getting a rowing machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: rowing-girl-front-page.jpg (610KB, 1480x734px) Image search: [Google]
rowing-girl-front-page.jpg
610KB, 1480x734px
Anyone here row?

I'm interested in getting a rowing machine for my new home gym. I've heard that rowing is pretty much as good as running, but better on your joints, and better than 99% of the other cardio machines out there.

Also I heard that they're like a bunch of little mini-deadlifts/cardio version of deadlifting.

Is it true? Also, if you have any recommendations for not so expensive rowing models let me know.
>>
>>36605945
> rowing
> as good as running

K.
>>
Used to row in high school. Real rowing was a pain in the ass, working these machines was the best part. At one point they actually set up a 10000meter race using these in middle of the winter. It's fun, but if the money is coming out your own pocket I wouldn't do it. I can go to three gyms: my school's, the Ys, and a community gym and they all have one of these.
>>
>>36605963

Is it not true, Tina? I keep hearing that rowing is pretty bomb ass cardio.
>>
>>36606006

Rowing machines too expensive you think? I can go up to $400.
>>
>>36606033
>>36606033
Honestly Harvey, I have never used a rowing machine, just fucking with ya.

If you're concerned about joints then why not swim? If not, or you know how to properly, then I'd say just run instead of dropping mad dough on a rowing machine. You'll get better cardio gains out of either of those options.

But if you're set on rowing then its probably decent cardio. Better than nothing.
>>
>>36606033
Its great for everything and wont fuck your joints but its a lot of money to buy your own if you don't know you're serious about it. Don't believe me? ask Kevin Spacey
>>
Jesus what the fuck is that girl in the middle doing
Rowing is a great cardio. I rowed in highschool and college, and the impact it has on your joints is similar to swimming, so almost nonexistent. Just make sure you study the form very well, because people tend to hurt their backs if they only focus on power, but if you know how to deadlift it's almost the same kind of movement. I've heard in the boat it's like deadlifting forty pounds every time you take a stroke, but I'm not sure how that transfers to an erg.
You should get a concept 2, a used one if you can find any. I bought mine for 300, though up to 500 is a pretty solid price still. Trust me, I've tried the shitty other rowing machines at my gym, and I feel tension in the stroke where there shouldn't be and it just feels awkward as fuck.
>>
>>36606405

That's good to hear. Yeah, I'd love to get a concept 2, but everywhere I've seen it costs like $900. I'll keep a look out for used ones, but I was thinking of maybe getting a Stamina Air Rower. It's a wind-resistance one so it's loud, but it seems like it could be good.
>>
>>36606079

Rowing is my go-to cardio, and I used to have a rowing machine at home many years ago when my only exercise was that, and playing rugby at college.

Pay as much as you can if you're going to buy a rowing machine.
Concept 2, the make in the OP picture are good, I like the older model ones which sit lower, but even they will set you back a fair bit more than $400.
>>
>>36605963
Probably better than running because it doesn't destroy your joints and make your skin and face sag from all that impact
>>
>>36605945

Boat club captain here, rowing is GOAT cardio. As another anons have said, Concept2 or Waterrower. A decent model for either will cost at least $400 though, try second-hand.

Latter is not as good for an actual rowing athlete as the displays tend to estimate split times oddly, but they feel nicer to row on in my opinion, especially for LISS.
>>
Did 3x11' at anaerobic threshold yesterday, I'm pretty sure I saw God during the third set
>>
>>36606983
> destroys joints
> proper form and shoes that fit

Never heard of the face sag excuse b4, quite creative in your attempts to avoid cardio masterclass.
>>
surely you need to use one first before you buy one. you might hate it
>>
>>36607012

Waterrowers look expensive, senpai. 1200?
>>
>>36607079
Kek okay bby stay small. I do cardio with a barbell anyway.
>>
>>36605945
Former sculler here. It is as good as running, but you have to work harder to achieve that. Running is more efficient, from my experience. Running 7mph=32 row strokes per minute. 7mph is a pretty easy run, but 32spm is a tough pace.
>>
>>36607111
Will do Darlene. Enjoy your comfortable seated "cardio" while I run with the wind.
>>
>>36607125
Oh look a retarded runner

How surprising.

I said I do cardio with a barbell
>>
>>36607164
>>36607125
Let's not bicker, guys. We're better than that
>>
>>36607217
HE'S NOT BETTER THAN THAT HE'S AN IDIOT
>>
>>36606112
Duh bcoz I can't fit a pool in my gym
>>
>>36607123
Why is spm related to running speed and not your split?
>>
>>36607223

Dwayne, pls.
>>
>>36607550
You can't talk me out of it this time ken

Denise started it like the idiot that she is
>>
>>36607611

Fucking Denise.
>>
>>36605945
I think rowing the best cardio you can do, but getting a "good" rowing machine for your home requires some serious money.
Also I recently tried to row more by doing 500 meter sprints on time and what do you know: Along with my manual labour job and the endless sets of pulldowns, rows and attempted pullup I fucked up my forearms.
>>
>>36607634

What do you mean that your forearms are fucked up? They strain too easily now?
>>
>>36607262
SPM is a measure of exertion, like speed.
>>
>>36607618
>>36607611

JUST LET ME BE A CARDIO BUNNY AND STOP PICKING ON ME JESUS CHRIST.
>>
>>36607746
I'll fucking kill you Jimmy you nogains faggot
>>
>>36607690
Pain when moving or straining after training. I ask a PT and he tought it might be over-exertion. I'm gonna go with that and try to adjust my training accordingly, bc at first i thought it was tendonitis.
>>
>>36607782
You know what Heidi? You're making me im the mood for a skullfuck. Get over here and let me have at your eyesockets.

Oh what? You're trying to run away? Guess what? With my superior running fitness, your cute little man ass has no chance at escape.
>>
>>36608211
Nice of you to join us, Jesus. Now please bless this thread and all of /fit if you would.
>>
>>36608222
And you're weak as fuck so what would you do when you got to me?

Plus you don't even have a dick, it's a big clit or, at best, a feminine penis
>>
Got myself a Concept 2 Ski-erg. This machine will kill you very good.
Easier on a back than rower.

Just sayin.
>>
I row for my university, it's something I picked up as a freshmen but I ended up being very good at it. I am 6'4 and the length really helps me in the boat with leverage.

Rowing is insane exercise, your whole legs, core and back/shoulders will be in the best shape of your life.

Look up proper technique, you can really hurt your back if you're not focusing on technique and checking yourself every so often.

Great exercise, you really have to go hard though.
>>
>>36608388
Its a big clit craig, a big bloody war-clit that I'm going to use to rape your skull. When I'm done, ill wipe it off on your little girl ass.

As for when I get to you. My years and years of running have made me skin and bone, no matter how strong you are, my wiry frame will slip through your strong, manly, grasp and I will be victor.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.