[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you finally accept that concrete fitness is more important

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: 1341788763823.gif (1020KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1341788763823.gif
1020KB, 300x300px
When did you finally accept that concrete fitness is more important than nebulous "gains", and incorporate cardio into your weekly routine?
>>
I do cardio so my heart doesn't die. But gains are why I really put effort into fitness
>>
File: 1457467490718.gif (376KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1457467490718.gif
376KB, 500x281px
>>36599249
silly anon, cardio kills gainz
>>
>>36599309
I never understood this meme. Why not just eat the extra calories that you're spending doing cardio? Wouldn't that fix everything?
>>
>>36599249
This. If my f am didn't have a history of heart disease, I'd probably do even less.
>>
>>36599328

Remember...You're dealing with idiots here.
>>
>>36599328
>autism
>>
If you can't play ANY sport competitively with average men of your age, you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: IMG_1507.jpg (102KB, 692x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1507.jpg
102KB, 692x461px
I don't do cardio anymore, haven't done any for at least a year now.

All it does is make me really fucking hungry, which makes me gain body-fat because with consistent cardio, comes consistent hunger & consistent over-eating.

I am 28 years old and maintain 5'7 178-180lbs without any cardio eating ~2,500 calories a day, no cardio, just lifting Push Pull Legs 6 days a week. That said I am fairly lean for 178-180lbs at my height.
>>
>>36599410
you look like shit
>>
>>36599328
>buy extra food to counteract an action you don't need to do
s m h
>>
>>36599226

There's nothing nebulous about increasing the amout of weight you can squat or press.
>>
>>36599410
Stop posting
>>
>>36599410
I see you shitposting this same photo everywhere complaining about your lack of gains. Sounds to me like you just don't eat enough because you look like ass despite claiming to be /fit/

Bulk more then come back.
>>
2.2k kcals per day, cardio 5 days per week 2 of them with abs workout, 4 strength training, feels so good
>>
>>36599410
I pray that I don't look like you when I finish my cut. But then again, I'm aiming for 165, not 180.

Fucking 180 is easy as shit at our height faggot, you're sitting at like 18-20% bf faglord.

Come on son, get down to 12% with me
>>
>>36599418
>>36599443

I looked 10x worse when I was doing cardio.

No cardio is the best I've ever looked, I had ZERO muscle separation and looked flabby as hell when I was doing cardio. Since I stopped doing cardio I dropped from 200lbs to 180lbs.

Are you saying you know me better than I know myself? haha. Gotta love /fit/
>>
>tfw hobbies are lifting, mountain biking, surfing and kiteboarding
>tfw making gains means making myself worse at everything else
>>
>>36599426
Who needs a healthy heart anyways guys am I right?

>4 SCOOP CMON
>>
>>36599328
> Why not just eat the extra calories that you're spending doing cardio

Even if you do this, you will make less gains. You're trading endurance for gains. Your body can't fully recover from both lifting & cardio. The are opposite adaptations.
>>
>>36599418
Post a pic mr cardio
>>
>>36599492

Science does not get more bro than this
>>
>>36599492
Nonsense
>>
>>36599492
Wrong.

Cardio doesn't do shit.

It doesn't take away gains, nor does it give more gains.

You guys are fucking stupid.
>>
>>36599226
This week actually
>>
>>36599565

Running can help with calves
>>
>>36599443
How am I sitting at 18-20% BF? lmao. Even when I sit down I barely have any fat on my stomach, the skin literally tightens up even when sitting.

It use to be a flabby bloobly gut when I was 200lbs. Since I stopped doing cardio, and cut down to 178-180lbs.

You guys are crazy m8, saying I should bulk more LMAO. I am natty and 180lbs at 5'7. You guys are delusional about how much a natty should be I think!
>>
I probably wouldn't be able to run more than 10 straight seconds desu. the state of my cardiovascular system is a fucking disaster

I wish it wasn't but I dunno where to start when it's from so far below par
>>
I go to the gym, and I know what it's like to have a great pump from a great workout, but nothing, NOTHING in the gym compares to the feeling of trail racing. You anti-cardio nuts have no idea what you're missing.
>>
>>36599694
Im not against cardio, but for me the cardio I did would just make me more hungry, which made me eat more calories, the calories I'd eat back would aboslutely destroy the calories burned from the cardio, so I'd just get fatter.

When I stopped cardio, the fat started melting off (WHY? you ask?????) no it wasn't magic, it was just because I was no longer hungry 24/7 so I was able to stick to calorie defict and the fat came off easy without any hunger issues.

Cardio is a just a tool, it's not the be all end all, it can also NOT work for fat loss if all it does is make you more hungry.

Unless you're a little bitch twink, any grown adult male can eat back 2 hours of cardio within 2 minutes of eating.
>>
>>36599742

So just don't eat, you weak willed fag.
>>
>>36599226
Hill sprints are the truth.

Seem to lose weight and look more ripped when I do them 2/3x a week. Look flabby when I don't.
>>
>>36599781
I lift 6 days a week, work fulltime and study 2 units at uni.

I don't have time for added, specific cardio sessions.

I stay leaner than 99% of the population anyway, so GG.
>>
>>36599462
You're like my fucking girlfriend.
>I gained weight while on antibiotics I'll never take them again
>My shoulder hurt after running I think the impacts are hurting the joint I'm never running again
>I got a pimple a day after eating chicken it must be bad for your skin I'm never eating chicken again.

Do you get where I'm going with this?
>>
>>36599328
wasn't even bait man, was clearly an ironic post

I think you may be legitimately autistic breh
>>
>>36599742
I think the difference is whether or not you eat healthy. People who eat a healthy diet (not /fit/'s bizarre definition of one) will not gain much weight even if they don't exercise much. Cardio takes your health to new heights... as long as you know what to eat afterwards.
>>
>>36599626
you've been posting this same fucking picture with the shitty angle and pose everywhere so fuck off trying to tell us that it's not the absolute best you've ever managed to make yourself look.
>>
>>36599492
>babby read somewhere that strength is on the opposite side of endurance
>babby concludes that if you do any cardio training, your gains go right out the window

Pls dont reproduce m8
>>
>>36599815
Nah. Difference is I am not talking about one specific time.

I failed about 5 cuts before I was finally successful. I noticed when I started cutting and doing cardio, I'd just be massively hungry all the time and fail the cut.

Then it hit me....when I did cardio, I'd be insanely hungry. So I decided to try cutting again without it, and there you have it, I cut for 5 months straight and became the leanest I had ever been in my life.

Then I rebulked back up, and decided to cut again. But this time, I thought.....OH i want to cut FASTER this time, so I'll just do cardio as well. That cut was a massive failure again, the cardio made me hungry, made me eat, fucked up my deficit.

Then after 2 months of trying to cut with cardio, spinning my wheels, I decided to drop the cardio for good, the moment I stopped the cardio, the hunger went away and I was able to cut successful again without any issues.

But you're not going to listen this, you're stubborn as fuck and cannot comprehend someone else being successful doing something you think is 100% necessary for success. Sorry you feel that way :)
>>
>>36599811
>leaner than 99% of the population

And smaller too
>>
>>36599871

You're delusional.

I am 5'7 178-180lbs, with muscle separation, and visible 6 pack abs flexed.

Most of you 6 footers are fatter than me at my weight lmfao.

You guys are an actual joke. Seriously, im done with this place.
>>
>>36599859
Your diet is obviously shit, and because of that you can't do any decent exercise without pigging out.

There was a way to fix this and be healthy, fit and muscular, and a way to fix this and be unhealthy, unfit and muscular. You picked wrong.
>>
File: trail_running.jpg (602KB, 1188x1028px) Image search: [Google]
trail_running.jpg
602KB, 1188x1028px
>>36599859
I will say it again: anyone who can get noticeably fat from his diet is a person who doesn't know how to eat properly.
>>
>>36599660
Walk then walk and run, then walk and run more then run and walk then run then run more

Id really recommend hitting some trails if you have those where you live because it makes it more interesting than just doing it on a track or treadmill, and the various inclines and declines will increase your heart rate
>>
>>36599923
>>36599929

Post a pic of your healthy bodies.

Bet you're all the following

1. Less muscular than me
2. Weaker than me
3. At a higher bodyfat than me
4. Don't actually even exercise as much as me

All you guys do is go on forums and nit-pick on other people, people who are more successful than you in every way.

I know your kind, because many years ago I was just like you. So don't think I can't see through your shit.
>>
>>36599226
I started doing cardio before I started lifting.
>>
>>36600052
Wow thank you. You pretty much summed up how I feel about /fit/ and these boards as a whole. It's full of pathetic beta nitpicking autists. /fit/ is no better than bored moms on Facebook debating whether breast feeding or formula feeding. Literally end yourselves.
>>
>>36599897

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN
>>
File: Latour - crying baby - AP.jpg (77KB, 510x359px) Image search: [Google]
Latour - crying baby - AP.jpg
77KB, 510x359px
>>36600052
>This isn't a thread about cardio; this is a thread about me, me, me!
>>
>>36600147
Ah sorry, wasn't aware group of militant skinnyfat flabby dweebs was going to form angry mob and start attacking anyone who speaks up against their beliefs.

Faggot.
>>
>>36599541
>>36599561

You do realize that you have 2 major types of muscle fibers right? Type I fibers are optimized for endurance activities and Type II fibers are optimized for anaerobic exercises. Training endurance running will signal your body to grow your type I fibers, while strength sports and sprinting will train your Type II fibers. Your mixture is genetically pre-determined but you can signal your body to grow what you have. That's why Usain Bolt is an incredible sprinter (aside from steroids). He's just genetically better than most.

I'm not saying you should be a lard ass and never do cardio, but if you're serious about being a strength athlete you should be sprinting rather than running marathons. That's why if you're strength training, if you randomly throw in a couch-5k program your squats will suffer at first.

For the everyman I suppose it's irrelevant though. I do a little bit of "endurance running" to keep my aerobic capacity up so I can grind through volume sets.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21912291
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2529775
>>
>>36600219
The most cardio bodybuilders do is slow walking on a treadmill.

Take your science link and wrap it around your neck.
>>
>>36600249
Am I fucking talking about body builders?
>>
>>36600315
You're implying you NEED to do specific per-organised cardio sessions, similiar to a lifting routine, in order to maximize your muscle growth potential.

This is complete and utter bullshit.
>>
>>36600219
> Le type n Le muscle fiber
> Le pick things up and le put things down
> I is le athlete
> Le train strength not cardio
>>
>>36599226
what the fuck is the the point of that thing? Honestly please let me know
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.