[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

well /fit/. I've finally decided to get serious about my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: rocky-gym.png (397KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
rocky-gym.png
397KB, 618x412px
well /fit/. I've finally decided to get serious about my health and i heard that this was the place to go. my goal is to be a fighter in boxing/muay thai and if you could please give insight on what exercises to do and what food to eat or any other tips it would be much apreciated. let's hope i make it.
>>
Join a gym where you can find a coach for Boxing and Muay Thai, he'll tell you what kind of conditioning you need to do to be successful in that sort of thing
>>
>>36577617
This.

While there are fighters here, this board has overall fitness in mind not any strict regiments for a fighter. To my knowledge.
>>
>>36577617
>>36577628
thanks guys. do you think it will be harder because i live in Canada?
>>
>>36577647

If you live in a big city there's probably a multitude of gyms you could go to

If you live in a smaller town your options are more limited but there's likely at least one that you could go to
>>
File: 1-5701.jpg (904KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1-5701.jpg
904KB, 1920x1200px
how old are you OP? how much experience with combat do you have? what aspect of the beautiful world of fighting are you more interested in?
>>
>>36577612
>I've finally decided to get serious about my health and i heard that this was the place to go

how wrong you were
>>
>>36577657
just turned 18 but still going to school. no job sadly.
as for experience i have very little and i am looking to get into mma
>>
>>36577612
No one gives a shit. You'll give up in 2 weeks or months.
>>
>>36577699
can you afford to go to a boxing gym?
>>
>>36577612

Read The Sticky 3x5

Then SS+GOMAD 3x5
>>
>>36577744
if i work hard i will, i have about $20 to my name and a basic resume. pizza stores in my area are hiring so i'm good as gold. until then i plan on doing push ups and squats in my house. there's a gym close to me that is a $4.99/month one year contract called fit4less, doesn't have bags and i doubt any trainers but beggars can't be choosers
>>
>I want to do a martial art because I want to feel save
>>
>>36577778
not at all. i want to kick the shit out of people for my own amusement
>>
>>36577769
you need 3 things to make it as a fighter.

1. passion for the sport.
2.Heart.
3.Lots of Grit.

as a beginner here are some things you can work on without a boxing gym.

1.jump rope it will help tremendously on your footwork and cardio. only about 10 bucks

2. shadowboxing helps with proper stance,cardio, and technique. its free!

3. Running helps buld endurance and grit. every boxer in world puts an allot of running. literally jus start running. Its free!

4. books and videos. watch and read as much stuff as you can online or in a library about technique. hell john jones would watch youtube videos when he began.
>>
>>36577786
OP this better not be you.
>>
>>36577855
it's not
>>
OP here, i'm about to set out on my first run but should i eat first?
>>
>>36577984
either way is fine, just get going champ
>>
OP here. i am disgusted with myself, i ran until i was exhausted and i only got to 1700 meters running/walking and i still have another 9.1 K in my run. how do i improve my lungs?
>>
>>36578211
I am also disgusted.
git gud
>>
>>36577612
if you really care about your health youd cut out red meat and eat more fruits and veggies
>>
>>36578211
>improve lungs.
it's cus your legs can't carry your weight. lose fat and train more tubby
>>
>>36578211
keep running nigga. thatll help with your lungs. dont forget to close your mouth when you run and eat carbs before you exercise
>>
>>36578469
>calling a 148 pound 18 to fat
Good work
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.