[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever use acupuncture to heal a muscle? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (34KB, 493x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 493x335px
Anyone here ever use acupuncture to heal a muscle? I've had a 2 year old strain in my teres minor and at this point I'm desperate for any remedy. Think it'll help?
>>
It's complete bullshit.
>>
Stretch erry dae n naight
>>
Sort of. I use a 25 gauge needle and put in once into my glutes twice a week. Seems to really help my gains. Oh also the needle is full of test.
>>
>>36556301
Ive been stretching and rehabbing it for 2 weeks now, I just found out it was this muscle since doctors misdiagnosed it
>>
>>36556287
Yes. I've using it on a groin pull that had been bugging me since the summer. It's almost completely gone now.

I did so much research and stretching. I even went to physical therapy, but they just prescribed a simple butterfly stretch. Asian medicine is legit. It's not some African witch doctor shit.
>>
File: 1450832781972.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450832781972.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
>>36557951
>Asian medicine is legit.
>It's not some African witch doctor shit.

Just because you want to fuck Asians doesn't mean their bullshit homeopathy works any better. Next you're going to mention how rearranging your furniture helped realign your blocked chakras.
>>
>>36558012
Kek this
Chinese scholars were forbidden from studying corpses or dissecting humans so they based their acupuncture on various Chinese rivers and their correlation to veins
People think it's actually helpful, ducking needles in you is nothing more than placebo
>>
>>36556318
kek

acupuncture is witch science, apply warm compress to the sprain and do light stretches

alternatively see a doctor. 2 years is a very long time to have a sprain
>>
>>36558012
>>36558053
It worked when nothing else would. My pain has lessened, but I guess that's just placebo, right? You guys seem very close-minded. I bet you believe cutting baby dicks is good too.

>>36558069
Western doctors won't be able to do shit unless it involves surgery. They'll just recommend him to a physical therapist.
>>
>>36558012
Feng Shui having some mystical power is obviously bullshit, but there's something to be said for certain furniture arrangements affecting people. Just like a messy and cluttered room "feels" so much different than a clean one, it sort of bogs you down mentally.

Arranging your furniture with common walking paths, sunlight, and shit like that in mind really affects how you feel and consequently perform in that space.
>>
>>36558172
senpai most pain people think they suffer from is because of placebo. especially shit like back pain.
>>
>>36558172
Kek, you're the close minded one
Anecdotal claims vs scientific evidence
Go ahead find a credible source that says accupuncture alone not factoring in placebo is effective for anything
>>
>>36558172
Could be placebo.

Is there any research into the effectiveness of acupuncture?

Looks like there might be something to it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27010596

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27006679
>>
>>36558172
>close-minded
You literally don't understand what words mean well enough to pick the right ones, you ape.
>>
>>36558270
>>36558310
Those studies in

>>36558306
show acupuncture being more effective than placebo.
>>
>>36558310
Your minds are closed. Close-minded is close enough and is easier to say than closed-minded.

>>36558265
My pain was caused by an injury. I felt a burning sensation in my left groin when carrying 60kg at my waist after I took a step.
>>
>>36557951
Thanks for the info bro I think I'm going to give it a shot. At this point after seeing 2 different doctors and even getting an MRI with no results I'm open to anything. It should at least help get the blood flowing in a muscle that's been neglected for so long.
>>
>>36558172

>My pain has lessened, but I guess that's just placebo, right?

Yes. Or just healing and time.
>>
SARMS boi
>>
>>36558172
This has nothing to do with open or closed mindedness. Stop being so defensive, you can love your Asian quackery without thinking it's anything more than placebo.
>>
>>36558012
> All Asian shit is bs

This is objectively retarded. You don't know the first thing about the large collection of fields that compose Chinese medicine, and you just declare "it's all bullshit." That's like seeing the royal family of England is inbred, then stating "therefore all of Europe practices incest". Or saying "all western medicine is bullshit" because they used to recommend people get lobotomy for being moody.

Some of Chinese medicine is bullshit, sure, but acupuncture is essentially just massage + heat therapy at places where you feel sore. Saying it is bullshit because it has a fancy name and you don't know anything about it is just retarded.
>>
>>36556287
Just find a good practicioner and give it a go. Why not?
>>
>>36559663
Man, Asian lovers get really defensive when you insult their quackery. Sorry man, your Feng Shui shit is the equivalent of African voodoo magic.
>>
>>36559663
Also electric therapy. The one I went to attached small electric cables to the needles that made my muscles twitch. When I felt my sore muscle twitching, that's when I felt that the acupuncture was working.
>>
>>36556287
Acupuncture is an unsanitary meme
Get a fucking massage if you want pain relief or go to a sports doctor if you want actual treatment you fucking faggot
>>
>>36562519
How is it unsanitary? They don't reuse needles.
>>
>>36559663
YOU are objectively retarded

Overwhelming scientific evidence shows that the effectiveness of acupuncture is literally just placebo. Next you'll tell us that a bleach enema cures autism and chiropracty cures mental illness, you fucking quack
>>
>>36562538
You can't guarantee that these fuckers keep their needles in a sterile environment.

That's why you can't give blood if you have had acupuncture within a certain time frame
>>
>>36562588
I've seen the unused needles. They're in plastic containers before they get used.
>>
>>36562612
I'm sure there are practices out there that don't go balls to the wall retarded, anon, but there's very little actual regulations on acupuncture so it's hit or miss really
>>
>>36562641
If you're a lousy doctor then word of mouth should put you out of business. I think regulations aren't necessary.
>>
>>36562798
Nhb they don't exist for acupuncture anyway; these are for donating blood.
>>
>>36558012
And yet euro doctors based all their info off Asian data since they were centuries ahead of them
>>
>>36562798
Barf
>>
>>36562929
>Persian Medicine is the same as Chinese Bear Bile and Dried Bull Semen Holistic Medicine
wew lad
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.