[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello guys, just got shoulder dislocation while bench pressing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Hello guys, just got shoulder dislocation while bench pressing on upper bench (failed to put one hand down and barbell fall to other side) and have few questions for ppl with same experience

>could i ever again bench press? Anybody with dislocated shoulder can u still work out on your full potential after that?

>What is time required of muscular inactivity to cause atrophy? And how fast regression going on?

>I heard saying that risk for dislocation increase after first dislocation. So it is still safe to bench press and do all other short of work out?
>>
RIP in piece shoulders, pecs and gains
>>
>>36544706
>Hello guys, just got shoulder dislocation while bench pressing on upper bench (failed to put one hand down and barbell fall to other side) and have few questions for ppl with same experience
>>could i ever again bench press? Anybody with dislocated shoulder can u still work out on your full potential after that?
Have had both shoulders dislocated during non lifting exercise. Yes, you can work out again. But you have to accept that you have to be careful with some lifts like overhead press. But apart from that I think lifting isnt too risky as your shoulder muscles are usually flexed which reduces the risk of dislocation.

>>What is time required of muscular inactivity to cause atrophy? And how fast regression going on?
I didnt work out for around 2 month and then started with light exercises again. It will take you another 3-6 months to get back to pre-injury form.

>>I heard saying that risk for dislocation increase after first dislocation. So it is still safe to bench press and do all other short of work out?
Definitely true. It depends on how much your joint is fucked up. I think lifting is mostly safe and I have been bench pressing regularly for years now. You will get a feel for when your shoulder gets unstable. Also do not play serious basketball, volleyball or any of those things that require hard arm swings.
>>
how the fuck does dumping the weight dislocate your shoulder?

i had to do it w quite a bit of weight recently and while my shoulder definitely took a slight hit it was nowhere dislocation territory.
>>
>>36544706
I dislocated my shoulder too, but not doing bench press.

It's been almost 5 months. After about a month of COMPLETE upper body inactivity I felt brave enough to start OHP and benching again, I just did sets of 8 or 5 at a weight I knew I could handle, to try and minimise the hit to my numbers. I avoided deadlifts entirely for 3 months, I was scared I was gunna dislocate it again.
Squats, squats, squats and more squats in other words.

At around the 1 & 1/2 month mark, I kept re-injuring the shoulder jumping the fence I need to get to get past for work, so I spent an additional 3 weeks doing literally no upper body work to try and sort that out, then walking the long way around to get to work.

To recover, I basically only did one session that involved shoulders a week. Either benching or OHP. Strangely, my OHP hasn't taken a significant hit, I've gone from 80kg to 75kg. My bench has taken a big hit though, I went from 110kg to 95, and had to work my way back up again from months 3 to now.
Curls still make my shoulder ache.
>>
>>36545042
Would not recommend this. Deadlifting doesnt even put a real strain on your shoulder. Bench and OHP are much riskier imo.
>>
>>36545117
I dislocated my shoulder upwards though, so I'm pretty sure I hurt different muscles to OP. Deadlifts and benching felt like torture.
>>
>>36545212
Upwards is the exact opposite of the deadlift movement though and if you are doing your deadlifts correctly, there is pretty much zero shoulder joint movement.

Pure force that you generate with your own body will not dislocate your shoulders. Its always some sort of uncontrolled jerk/bounce movement that includes a rapid change of direction within your joint
>>
>>36545370
Nigga, you don't know what you are talking about, the human body is not a singular mass.
>>
>>36545438
You are a complete retard if you think you can dislocate your shoulders without a change of direction in your joint. Every fucking physio will tell you this. Doesnt mean you should go out there and try setting PRs after injury but its a lot safer than benching and reinjuring yourself like you did
>>
>>36545550
>Dislocate your shoulders without a change of direction in your joint
We aren't talking about dislocating a stable joint, dipshit. Deadlifts involve the shoulders quite heavily. Relying on damaged or injured joints to maintain structural integrity is a terrible fucking idea.

You're the retard for waffling on about how deadlifts are the exact opposite movement IN A FUCKING INJURED JOINT, THAT YOU KNOW, GOES MORE FUCKING DIRECTIONS THAN ONE
>>
>>36545631
I merely said it is safer than benching you absolute imbecile. Are you seriously telling me that benching is less stressful for you shoulders than deadlifting? You fucking reinjured yourself and you are still insisting on this?
>>
>>36544706
On point 3, I dislocated my shoulder initially by falling when snowboarding. I somehow managed to dislocate it again a year later in my fucking sleep, so yes risk of dislocation is higher.
>>
>>36544706
I've had a number of shoulder problems and have had both operated on. You will bench again unless you tore something, and if it's not fixed it's a toss up depending on severity and if you snap your shit up again. Take enough time to recover and go see a doctor if it doesn't get bettern
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.