[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /fit/, neuroscience guy here. I also used to work as a fitness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1324388086921.jpg (98KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
1324388086921.jpg
98KB, 500x401px
Yo /fit/, neuroscience guy here. I also used to work as a fitness trainer but that was fucking years ago and fucking retarded anyway.

Ask me stuff about diet/supplements/nutrition/mental health/drugs/etc stuff, because some of the shit I see posted here makes me fucking cringe, though I don't know everything so there is no guarantee. Meh, actually, I'll head off now, probably be back later to answer some but, probably not actually.

Cya
>>
vitamins/minerals that actually do something and aren't a waste of money?
>>
alphabrain shit work?
>>
>>36491465
What was the shittiest part of being a trainer and what qualifications did you go with? That's what I'm trying to do currently.
>>
>>36491477
O-N-N-IT
>>
>>36491475
Depends on your diet and your genetic background. Every human needs staple nutrients and every individual has different metabolic needs. Don't go nuts on them but if your diet isn't varied just take a spectrum multivitamin/mineral supp in the morning.

>>36491477
Looks like a load of fucking shit. The only "useful" compounds are the choline (and even for that, citicoline is superior), mucuna pruriens (just get those separately, they are quite helpful) and GABA (best taken in the evening to help you wind down and relax)

>>36491480
I got first-level qualifications, just to get a job and fund uni. Couldn't fucking stand doing it anymore at one point because every customer had to be fit into this stupid scheme that the gyms have (that had the same certifcation where I got my diploma). It was all tied into getting signed up for the gym in the first place and it had to be done for every customer.

It was fucking retarded and I quit in the middle of one of my work days to go and find something else because I couldn't stand feeding people absolute bullshit anymore.
>>
File: 1458716410072.jpg (86KB, 601x569px) Image search: [Google]
1458716410072.jpg
86KB, 601x569px
Thoughts on this picture? would it work?
>>
>>36491512
Man that sucks :( I honestly just want to help people lead healthier lifestyles.
>>
>>36491867
If you can find a gym that is owned by say, an former competitive bodybuilder, or a powerlifter, you'll be able to do that, but then again, most of the people that will go there are those that are already sort of serious.

It's very hard to actually reach out to "random" people and get them healthy, because the reason they're unhealthy (barring any medical causes) is because what they "know" about fitness, nutrition, sleep, etc. is fucking wrong. When they want to "get healthy" they just go to the gym and hope that whatever magical routine is pushed on them will make them fit and hot, that's what most gyms are playing into as well. It fucking sucks and I found that out only after I'd gotten through the trouble of getting my diploma.

>>36491616
Yes and no. You don't just get niagara falls cum from a few supplements, there are hundreds of factors involved. But yes, L-arginine, zinc, and antioxidants and celery are involved in sperm motility and quality (though the claim that celery makes it white is nonsense). Kegel exercises will help, and soya lecithin has shown to have effects on sperm quality and preservation, but no conclusive results on humans yet so take that with a GRANULE of salt (HAHA).

Might help, might not, depends on your individual biochemical state.
>>
>>36491465
Am I wasting my time with a nootropic stack
>>
>>36492695
Which stack and why are you taking it?
>>
I take L theanine when I'm gonna be in class for the next few hours

Someone make a college students stack

Was gonna take bacopa but I heard it's nasty and takes months to work
>>
>>36492757
I struggle with depression and focusing in my work. I'm not sure if I have ADHD but I've been going to a counselor. hopefully she actually prescribe me something since she basically just talks with me and I talk to parents and friends frequently about stuff like this.

Nootropics
> 5g Piracetam (AM/Lunch)
> 300mg Alpha GPC (AM/lunch)
>700mg oxiraceram AM
>350mg oxiraceram lunch
>300mg L-Theanine am/lunch

General supplements
Fish Oil
Multivitamin/ZMA

Fitness
Easy cardio every morning
Gymnastics routine + squats + deads
>>
>>36492998
The stack helps alot with memory not so much with motivation ie I remember all my shitposting
>>
Its so easy to spot liars.

>neuroscience guy here!
>drugs drugs drugs limitless nootropics lol

Come on dude, just say you wanna shill some vitamins.
>>
>>36491465
Did your family get upset when you came out of the closet?
>>
>>36492998
Do you take all of that daily? If so then holy fuck that is only making things worse.

1. Piracetam has a maximum recommended dose of 1,5g at a time, with a maximum of 5g a day.
2. You're already stacking, you're already taking 5g of piracetam, and 700g oxiracetam in one go is already a bit much
3. You work out, what is your diet? If you eat lots of eggs, cheese and fish (on top of the fish oil) the choline will definitely interact with the alpha GPC which can cause depressive symptoms and lack of focus.

The problem with nootropics is that they are a lot like caffeine: they give a boost, you get used to taking it daily. Your body builds up a tolerance, you keep taking more and more (sometimes without even noticing) until you need ungodly amounts just to function normally.

I don't know if your depression led to it or you got into it because of it, but if you're depressed then this is really not the right way. Depressions aren't cured by prescriptions, they're cured by introspection and finding the root cause and work on that. Nootropics and different medications can help you GET TO WORK on it, but can't CURE it, and in the long run will only make it worse. Try to find out where your depression and lack of focus come from with your counselor. Giving advice over the internet about depression is almost impossible, since it's generally rooted in world-view, life events, environment, etc. so you need a therapist that knows all these things.

If you really REALLY desperately want to get prescribed something that will act as both an antidepressant and focus/motivation enhancer, modafinil is effective for it, with very low tolerance buildup. And if you have ADHD, modafinil is a viable alternative to dextroamphetamine.
>>
>>36492862
>make a college students stack

Meditate, do cardio, have regular sex, don't sit for more than 2 hours non-stop at any time, make sure you eat a good measure of plant every day (vegetables, fruits, seeds, etc.). All the stack you need.

>>36493063
>wanna shill some vitamins.

Literally projecting. Just posting to prevent people from hurting themselves, it's best to take nothing at all. There's your shill.
>>
>>36491465
Op is it real that fibers clog up your stomach? I thought they helped you shit good
>>
>>36493362
They (at least the ones we commonly eat in the west) don't really "clog up" your stomach themselves, but they can slow down the rate at which it is emptied, if you eat too much of it.

Different dietary fibers have different effects, you'd need to know what kind you are eating and how much to know whether it'd have any effect on your stomach or not.
>>
>>36493334
1.) I think your information is a bit outdated recent studies show piracetam to be most effective at a dosage of 4.8 grams.
2.) ^
3.) I eat eggs in the morning and mostly chicken for lunch and dinner. I rarely eat cheese .
I've been depressed for a long time prior to taking nootropics. I'm pretty nihilistic so that's probably the main cause of my depression. I also feel like shit bc i wasted most of hs doing nothing that benefited me long term. I got into a mediocre uni and I feel pretty shitty about it often times thinking that its just a joke to be here.

I've dried adrafinil b4 and I really didnt see very much improvement. It's definetly less efffective being a prodrug and all but staying a awake isnt really a hard thing for me.

Whats your opinion on the amphetamine based adhd medications. I mainly just read that there is a high abuse potential but I rarely ever see long term effects on the brain.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 399x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 399x482px
>>36493513
Bump
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.