[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I get good glute activation? I only feel squats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (41KB, 250x178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 250x178px
Why can't I get good glute activation? I only feel squats and lunges in my quads. What am I doing wrong? Doing glute bridges and kick backs currently, but I want to maximize glute work by feeling it in other exercises.
>>
Try Bulgarian lunges. But lunges aren't really supposed to be a quad workout go begin with. You should check on your form.
>>
>>36478449
Hows your hip mobility? You might be using your lower back during the move instead of the hip. Focus on keeping your back straight and strech those hamstrings.
>>
>>36478449
do you do low bar? i do, and at the end of my regular sets i do 5x10 of my 50% max and my ass feels like its going to explode afterward.
>>
>>36478464
Wrong

>>36479020
Correct

Low bar is by far the best squat style for posterior chain and overall strength development.
>>
I had to reactivate my ass after years of vidya and not knowing what apt was.

Most exercises I ended up forcing body to compensate with hams, back, other shit.

For me the best way to emphasize glutes is to do wide stance deadlifts/ squats.

I only do a pl8t and focus on going as wide and as low as possibru without compromising lower back.
>>
>>36478449
you want good glute activation? You must not have heard of the hamstring guru
>>
>>36481285
>reactivate my ass
you know what really activates my ass?
>>
>>36481429
almonds?
>>
>>36478449
lower, faggot.
>>
Listen to RIp:
"You cannot believe how often I hear this ridiculous shit, and we were just talking about this yesterday. I frustrate more easily than you, I assure you. Apparently, there is some government agency tasked with the job of convincing everybody that the entire American populace has sleeping glutes that won't "fire" and that a special exercise must be performed to wake them up.

People: nerves make muscles contract. If you perform a movement that requires the contraction of a muscle, like a squat that incorporates the external rotators because you squatted in a way that produces external femoral rotation, and hip extension because the hips have to extend when you stand up, then the muscles that produced the external rotation and hip extension are working, or "firing" if you are a PT. This means that the nerves that make them contract are working too. You know this because the femurs externally rotated and the hips extended, and the muscles caused this to happen since they are what move the bones. And here is the really fascinating part that is apparently so much like integral calculus that nobody seems to understand it: if you learn to squat in a way that uses external femoral rotation, you're "firing" your glutes BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SQUAT THAT WAY IF YOU DON'T. "
>>
>>36482023
shit man, I've been using farts to lift myself up in squats, now I know that I have been doing wrong all this time, thanks!
>>
>>36478449
>I only feel squats and lunges in my quads.
>feel

what you're doing wrong is worrying about how shit "feels". I never "feel" my glutes either, but after squatting and deadlifting for ~2 years they're massive. if you do progressive overload on exercises that require strong glutes then your glutes will grow.
>>
>>36482023
>bleep blurp big words and shit blurp de durp

Perfect example why the average lifter shouldn't read SS. English motherfucker.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.