[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this normal? For those of you strength training, I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Is this normal?
For those of you strength training, I really have to wait 20 minutes to half a hour between lifting heavy to lift heavier again. But that's a whole lot of waiting that I don't have time for, is it just me or how long do you rest between max sets?
>>
>>36469842
The lengths girls will go to do pretend they have an ass.
>>
>>36469857
I am the OP
She is going to have lower back problems in the future for sure, but that is neither here nor there.
>>
>>36469842
are these one rep maxes? How often are you doing them. If not, what percentage are these sets? You definitely shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes in between your working sets.

If you are testing one rep maxes, you shouldn't have to do this really often so a 20 minute rest then isn't the end of the world.
>>
File: 1438456321135.jpg (9KB, 449x497px) Image search: [Google]
1438456321135.jpg
9KB, 449x497px
>wait 20-30 min between sets
>>
>>36470054
So it's just me then...
Yes when I'm lifting max weight
>>
>>36469842

Are you serious? You are resting 20 fucking minutes between sets?

I hope this is a joke. I rest 2 minutes between my sets, im choosing weight which i can rep max. 6 times.
>>
>>36470145
It's specifically 1 rep maxed out deadlift and squats, for me to outdo myself again I need gather strength again for such a long period of time. Typically I can add 4 - 8 more kg after that, I am growing stronger but damn it takes a while for me to recuperate my strength.
>>
>>36470277
why are you doing 1rm on a consistent basis?
>>
>>36470277
Yes that is normal. Doing 1 rep max. puts alot of strain onto your muscles.

desu i dont understand why you would do this, this isnt optimal at all for muscle gains.

nvm me if you are a powerlifter and try to go bearmode.
>>
Powerfatties thread?
>>
>>36470277
You do realise that 1rm puts a lot of strain on not only your body but also your CNS?

You're better of doing 3 reps and keep the singles at a monthly basis.
>>
>>36470338
You're probably right, gotta check my ego.
So for how long do I rest between 3 rep workout in order to regain strength but not going limp again?
>>36470313
>>36470314
I wanna grow stronger but not to the detriment of my health and life expectancy by getting fat, that's retarded.
>>
>>36469842
Fuck no. Its true that you need to wait longer for strength training but nowhere near that. Id say 3-5 minutes but depends you could go more or less.
>>
>>36470418
3-7 minutes rest between heavy triples
>>
So you sit around for like 20 minutes doing nothing ? Won't you cool down a lot.

I do wait 5 minutes between 2 1RM and I stay active ,doing dynamic stretches.

>Typically I can add 4 - 8 more kg after that
Then you weren't maxed out for the previous 1 rep were you ? Why don't you do like 3 rep at a lower weight before your last 1rm ?I don't think PL do 1rm every workout too ,as I seem to understand.

WHat's your routine ? Height, weight ,age and sex ?
>>
>>36470418
lol, do you need these people to also hold your hand and walk you to the squat rack?
>>
>>36470418
Stop going for 3-1 rep maxes. Theres no point. I guess 3 is better than 1 but still. Do an actual routine so you could get actual volume in.
>>
>>36469842
3-5 minutes for upper body, 5-8 for lower body
>>
>>36470418
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1088858.Science_and_Practice_of_Strength_Training
Get the pdf.
Read, read, read.
>>
>>36470083

Dude that's waaaaaaaay too long
I train with several national level weightlifters and the longest anyone waits between max attempts is 4-5 minutes, usually less because in comp we might have only 2 minutes to follow ourselves
>>
>>36471002
>2 minutes
Is that normal for weightlifting? Powerlifting means you have to wait around 5 minutes for your next attempt
>>
>>36470145

2 min rests are retarded on compound lifts. 5 minutes minimum on heavy sets. Up to 10 if you're very strong and fatigued towards the end of a workout.
>>
>>36470485
I do cool down yes but as others have pointed out, 1 heavy rep takes a toll on the CNS. I do stretch in the meantime though, going through all my stretching routines takes about 20 minutes anyway. I'll look up dynamic stretches,
My only warm up is stretching, I focus solely on deadlift, overhead press, squats, and bench press. My height is 185, but I only weigh 86kg. 20 years old, and have no tits(you figure it out).
Also by "maxed out" a meant it as a relative term, the most I'm capable of lifting at that given time but the point of strength training is to ascend in strength.
>>36470488
I have damaged myself many times by going berserk in weights before, which has only ever resulted in injuries I had to wait month to recover. I have stabbed a guy who bothered me with an icepick before, but what is a macho competition worth on the internet.

To the rest of you thanks for the sound advice, I will apply myself to a different training schedule with more volume, still heavy with few reps, and 5-10 minute break depending on what works for me. Cheers.
>>
>>36471484
>Entire workout consists of 1rep maxes
No isolation/dumbell exercices ? No variation ? Boy you're in for a slow and dangerous progression with that
> the point of strength training is to ascend in strength
Indeed and you're doing it wrong. Look for powerlifting routine.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.