[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As an ectomorph taking forever to putting even 100g weight more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

As an ectomorph taking forever to putting even 100g weight more on, how does one avoid putting that hard-gained weight on the belly and 'direct' it to the rest of the body instead?

Weightlifting at the gym 5 times/week and still the belly is bulging as hell. 'Bulking when lifting is the way to go', they said.
>>
In the same boat desu.

I think you need to just forget about your belly/abs until you get to your goal weight.

Body stats?
>>
>>36463510
>ectomorph
Stop this meme. You don't struggle to put weight on, you just don't eat enough. If you're gaining too much fat then don't eat as much. Also, you can't 'direct' weight anywhere. Do you know nothing about the human body?
>>
I like my ecto birdlike frame. Even when I was bulking and get like pic on the left I still looked skin with a shirt on
>>
>>36463770
180cm.
swinging between 71 and 72 kgs.
last year i was only 10 kgs less.

other question: if my target weight is 75 kgs lean, should I 'bulk' until what weight before starting the 'cut'?
Or should I start 'cutting' once (and when) I hit 75?
>>
>>36463510
You're an idiot. Figure out your BMR, eat at a 500-750 calorie surplus, make sure you're getting around 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. You're going to gain some fat, but you'll lose that later.
>>
>>36464015
according to some BMR calcualtor:

>1761
>This means that your body will burn 1761 calories (7373 kilojoules) each day if you engage in no activity for the entire day.
>Your daily calorie requirement is 2730 calories (11430 kilojoules).

What's next now: eating 3200 calories a day?
>>
>>36463964
im 180cm and 72kg and i look fine,maybe you're not lifting enough?
>>
>>36463810
>implying body types are a meme
I'm an ectomorph. Granted I've gained 30 pounds in the last 11 months due to eating and lifting from 130 to 160 but now im having to eat 3.5k-4k calories per day to gain more than 160. Other people would be putting on pounds like nothing on this many calories
>>
>>36464146
Same

Took me a year to gain 42lbs and now im eating to the point i want to throw up to gain weight. I got a mass gainer to make it easier even though its not great for me.

I dont get how people can gain a shit ton of weight and just not realize it
>>
>>36464171
man up bitch
>>
>>36464180
Fuck you i slammed 4 scoops and threw up my dinner the other night
>>
>>36464197
>4 scoops
good job idiot,absolutely useless and unnecessary
>>
>>36464216
Whatever it takes
>>
Hungry skellington here
I'm with you m8, I don't know how to gain weigh, I try to eat as much as I can but for the uni (I think) I'm always stressed and can't gain weight. The worst part is that I don't have time to go to the gym so I'm 100% sure that I'm not gonna make it. Forgive /fit/...
>>
>>36464107
are you ectomorph too?
>>
>>36464216
what would be useful instead?
please provide constructive advice.
>>
how do you go from before to after as in OP's pic?
>>
Same here, although I dropped bf%, my belly looks streched like hell. I didn't have flat belly almost never though, but now it seems even worse. What am i missing here?
>>
File: 1384956873259.jpg (1MB, 3496x1638px) Image search: [Google]
1384956873259.jpg
1MB, 3496x1638px
>>36464296
>>36464064
>>36464146
>>36464171
Fucking skeletons. You aren't some kind of ubermensch that requires 10,000 of your 'yeah bro, I eat tonnes' calories. You are still eating like morons.

>M-m-mu-muh 4 scoops and throwing up dinner
You threw it up you dense motherfucker. Fucking eat it up again if you want to talk about how hard it is eating a million calories and gaining weight.
>>
It always makes me shake my head when people say they eat till they puke as an argument for their dedication.

What's the point in eating in the first place If you can't keep it down?

I swear food and eating autism is the new gymtimidation.

>Muh metabolism

All of my keks, some people will make any excuse for having bad eating habits.
>>
>>36464625
To add to my post:

There is an entire line of products that provides sustainable income based ENTIRELY on your delusion when it comes to calorie intakes and bad eating habits, gainer shakes, ring a bell? Fucking man up, eat meat drink milk and keep it down you cringy children.
>>
>>36464611
how is eating a bunch of cakes different than eating mcdonalds?
>>
>>36464064
I eat over 3000 at a 500 cal surplus and am sedentary except for 2 hours AxBxC XX on sheiko. Am making huge gains. You are lying to yourself like a fatty
>>
>>36464685
sounds good: can you share the template diet that you're having weekly?
>>
>>36464296
How about a nice big fuckin dinner. a pound of grilled marinated chicken, a half pound of baked sweet potato fries, some ketchup, a glass of milk. Have some peanuts after dinner. 4 scoops is retarded.
>>
>>36464680
You claiming to be a "hardgainer" while asking dumb obvious questions like this takes away from your credibility. Retard.

In case you're not trolling, cake is really only sugar. McDonald's has atheist some protein, salt and other shit you need.
>>
>>36464698
considering my daily schedule, i usually have dinner at about 10+pm and go to sleep at around 12.30/1am.
is there any downside to having a dinner as you advised it with that schedule?
>>
>>36464702
At least*

Fugging autocorrect :DDDDD
>>
File: animorphs.jpg (158KB, 336x480px) Image search: [Google]
animorphs.jpg
158KB, 336x480px
>>36464287
NOOOO

>>36464692
I have a bran muffin and a big cup of coffee in the morning, I have a 1300 cal shake, 3 cups of oats, some skim milk, 2 scoops of whey and a banana and creatine for lunch. I drink a big glass of milk and whey and maybe a piece of cold pizza or something after I work out. I eat a huge dinner that consists 3/4 of lean meats, and then I drink some beer after dinner.
>>
>>36464702
what about polysaturated transfats in either?
>>
>>36464717
What are you some kind of hippy? If you are afraid of poisons go make the exact same thing with grassfed beef.
>>
>>36464707
it doesnt matter when you eat. I prefer to have the bulk of my carbs and sugars before I work out so I have a lot of energy, but other than that who cares.
>>
Lol at skeletons making bold claims about being a hard gainer but keep asking blindingly obvious questions further proving they're clueless
>>
>>36464146
Bodytypes are a fucking meme invented by a stupid psychologist some decades ago
>>
>tfw broke up with a gf because she literally got mad when I told her to eat more because she's a skeltal
>>
RE: Somatotype
Criticism[edit]
>Sheldon's ideas that body type was an indicator of temperament, moral character or potential—while popular in an atmosphere accepting of the theories of eugenics—were soon widely vilified.[2][11]
>The principal criticism of Sheldon's constitutional theory was that it was not a theory at all but one general assumption, continuity between structure and behavior, and a set of descriptive concepts to measure physique and behavior in a scaled manner.[3]
>His use of thousands of photographs of naked Ivy League undergraduates, obtained without explicit consent, from a pre-existing program evaluating student posture, has been described as scandalous, and perverted ("the study of nude people by lewd people").[2][12]
>His original visual assessment methodology, based on the photographs, has also been criticised as subjective.[2][3][4]
>His original thesis has also been described as fraudulent for knowingly failing to acknowledge / account for body shape changing with age.[2]
>His suggestion of a genetic link to both body shape and personality traits has also been described as objectional.[4]
>Sheldon's work has also been criticised as being heavily burdened by his own stereotypical and discriminatory views.[2][5]
>Sheldon's theories enjoyed a vogue through the 1950s.[12] Some modern scientists dismiss his claims using insults such as 'outdated' or 'quackery'.[3][4][5][13][14][15]
>>
>tfw BMI of 31
>tfw Type 1 Obese lean

Endomorph master race coming through. Genetic superiority attained.
>>
>>36464787
/thread
>>
>>36464873
well some people don't gain weight widely (i.e. become fat on arms, shoulders, legs) but they get fat on their bellies or back.
What do you call that then
>>
>>36464945
people distribute fat differently, look at girls with fat asses vs fupas. That doesnt mean its harder or easier to take off or put it on. The whole theory is bunk and you would be better off using the sticky and myfitnesspal to track calories.
>>
>>36463810
>>36464611
>>36464764
This is why im always dissapointed when i come to fit. Its not the overall low lifting level of the board in general. Its not the bro-science and unwillingness to do basic research. It's the edgy shit lord way people who don't know what they're talking about assert their anecdotal experience.
It's you who doesn't understand the human body apparently. Try researching insulin sensitivity for starters. I guess according to you diabetes doesn't exist, or at the least their is no difference between type 1 and type 2? Because variance of insulsin production sensitivity is the difference between them, and also one of the differences between ectomorphs and endomorphs. That's just a simple overt variable- there are fucking millions of variations of cells, ribosomes, enzymes, even basic rna transcription is hardly understood.
In a species where deviations in height can range over a foot and weight by nearly a hundred pounds before body fat is even considered, hair color, skin types, eye sight, etc etc. Somehow you believe muscle insertions can vary but a massively complex cellular process like metabolism and fat storage is fucking one size fits all, every time ????
>>
>>36465282
Mate i'm a phd in gastrointestinal health. You're not going to out-knowledge me
>>
>>36464685
now the question is: how do you lose bf% without destroying muscle
>>
>>36463510
No such thing as ectomorph, you're just fat and overestimate your lean bodyweight.

Man the fuck up and take responsibility for your own body
>>
>>36464717
They're irrelevant for weight gain unless it gives you cancer.
>>
>2016
>somatotype
google it and go to wiki pedia.

It says that its debunked and not used by doctors or whatever sports doctor
>>
>>36465282
I'm the guy who posted the picture. I've got a bachelors in science, majoring in metabolic physiology.
It's called tough love. Everyone wants to be counted as a special snowflake, but the bottom line is that these guys aren't eating enough, or the fitness world is just absolutely full of people with severe protein malformations, metabolic diseases and deficiencies. Outside of these select circumstances, the bmr calculators are a pretty accurate estimation of metabolism of an individual, and it ranges only a few hundred calories of energy difference.
This is not comparable to the height differences in a population, don't even fucking go there. It sounds very poetic but you don't have the faintest fucking clue.

I'm not going to hazard a guess as to which part of the /fit/ population these anon posting itt are, but generally people NEED THE SAME ADVICE AGAIN AND AGAIN, and if you don't fit under these generalisations, nobody here is obliged to spoon feed them advice for their condition, that's something their healthcare professionals can do. They diagnose and are responsible for their patients, people asking for help online get the general answer, it's less confusing for normie and beginners that way.
>>
I used to use the ectomorph excuse until I started actually eating and gained 20kg in just over a year.

I went from 65kg skelly to 85kg and then cut about 10 kg and stayed steady at 75kg for the past 6 months. I'll bulk again soon though
>>
>>36466211
what did you exactly eat? just about anything?
>>
File: 1443820135753.png (1022KB, 515x640px) Image search: [Google]
1443820135753.png
1022KB, 515x640px
>>36463510
I used to think I was a 'hardgainer with a fast metabolism' when I was younger. In my teen years I went up from 55kg to around 72kg just fucking around at the gym (must've had my growth spurt around the same time, 6'1 now).

It's only been since until I started hitting the gym again recently (after a long time away from it) with a proper routine that I started looking back and thinking 'holy shit, no wonder I was so fucking skelly'. Bowl of cereal for breakfast, a sandwich or two at school, snack once I got home, vidya all day, and one big meal for dinner.

It's been about 5 months since, and, while my diet hasn't always been on point, I've gone from 74kg to 86kg in that time (got to 84kg in the first 4 months tbqh).

TL;DR: Quit being a bitch and fucking eat. Count your calories, I guarantee you'll see you're not hitting your intended uptake.
>>
>>36464015
>750 calorie surplus
fatties plz. maybe if youre on a boatload of gear.
300-500max
>>
If I'm 6'5, 85kg, skelly and aiming for ottermode what should I bulk to? 100kg?
>>
>>36467341
>goal weight
Just continue eating until you are comfortable with your aesthetic/strength gain/uncomfortable with your body fat level. At 6'5 after a few years of lifting you could def be 240 and not look fat in the least
>>
>You don't struggle to put weight on, you just don't eat enough.

That sentence is stupid. If a person struggles to eat enough of a caloric surplus to gain weight then they are by definition struggling to put on weight.

I struggled like a motherfucker to put on weight. Ate 3 healthy meals a day plus whey in order to meet my caloric goals. Wasn't putting on weight so added two more full meals that really upped my daily intake but still wasn't gaining weight.

I was literally spending a huge chunk of my day shoving food down my throat to seemingly no effect. I eventually went so far as to buy big bags of mass gainer and to start drinking multiple 1,000 plus calorie drinks of that a day. I finally started to put on weight.

The struggle is real.
>>
>>36466257
I increased my portion sizes,made sure I ate every single bite. I also had a second lunch mid afternoon. This made cuting easy because I just stopped that meal and reduced my breakfast
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.