[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did people run back then? I see no situation before hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1447964198001.jpg (267KB, 638x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1447964198001.jpg
267KB, 638x1020px
Did people run back then?

I see no situation before hunting or bringing a letter to the king where people could run before the invention of sports in 1870s and for a brief period in greece
>>
>>36454546

Im no expert but im pretty sure people always did some kind of exercise in the past. It probably wasnt dull running up the streets or though forests.

But think about the shaolin guys in china or something, climbing up these huge stairs or constantly do jumping kicks or whatever, its just as much cardio as running is.

Running in itself was probably to dull and pointless in the past. But nowdays it is seen as "fit" because 80% of people spend their time with working, watching tv and going on vacation.
>>
>>36454546
jim fixx was the guy that made jogging popular, back in the 70s.
>>
>hunting
here's a neat vid regarding that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o

Regarding your statement, I don't know if you're trolling or not
>>
>>36454861

This is one specific version of 'hunting' and pretty much the fucking stupidest and least effective which is why every other race in every other geographical region on earth figured out something better long long ago.

Western humans are better suited to walking long distance, running quickly over short distances and using cunning and strength to conquer prey.

Spending 3 fucking days jogging after your prey is about as stupid as living in a mud hut.
>>
>>36454884
>stupidest and least effective
It is the noblest and fairest.

Gonna go jog for some deer
Good day
>>
>Now there are short and simple exercises which tire the body rapidly, and so save our time; and time is something of which we ought to keep strict account.
>These exercises are running, brandishing weights, and jumping

Letter 15 from Seneca's collection of moral letters to Lucilius, written ~65 AD.
>>
>>36454546
Are you retarded
>>
>>36454914

Fuck that. Talk to me about noble and fair when your kids are starving at home because you and your dumbass buddies are wasting time and energy to follow a deer across the scorching desert.

Meanwhile any tribe with an average IQ over 90 learned to just run the animal into a trap and pick it up in about 15 minutes, feeding their families well and leaving plenty of time and energy to focus on things like developing civilisation.
>>
Soldiers and the nobility probably had running as part of their training regimen for war. Just like modern soldiers do.
>>
>>36454930
No time to talk
Trying to catch this deer
>>
>>36454546
>Before hunting

Oh my
>>
Running is the easiest way to compete without trading blows ,and probably the fairest.
Olympic games trace back to ancient greece ,surely "who can move his ass faster than the other" isn't something needing more than a 6yo mind to do.

Now if you talk about regular practice of jogging or shit like that ,if you weren't a soldier or into peasant competition you probably wouldn't care since you already was walking several miles a day every day
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.