[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/bros. I just started a keto diet today trying to le

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

Hey /fit/bros. I just started a keto diet today trying to lean out. I'm working out on the Project Mass program with some personal tweaks from bb.com keep in mind. My macros look like 2410 calories, 208 Protein, 146 fats, and 69 carbs. I am 5'8 175lbs 18yrs old and have roguhly 15%bf. Does this sound like a good way to approach fat loss/muscle maintenance or even growth? If not what should i change?
>>
>>36438451

>208 Protein, 146 fats, and 69 carbs.

That doesn't sound ketogenic at all
>>
Lower your carbs to under 30 grams with the sources only coming from green vegetables like spinach and broccoli and increase your fats.
>>
>>36438469
thats where all my carbs are coming from, the extra carbs outside of that are from nuts,avocados and lean turkey
>>
>keto

man just go up to like 70-80 carbs and you can still lose the same amount you would with keto, keto just makes you feel like a fuckin zombie
>>
File: 1437794288370.jpg (75KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1437794288370.jpg
75KB, 601x601px
How the fuck do you even do keto, getting less than 25g cards a day from anything that isn't sauce or oil is hard
>>
>>36438462
Ya that seems more like a high fat diet, I'd expect your diet to have way more protein and less fat.
>>
>>36438462
It's not. His fat and protein need to be switched

Keto is high fat, moderate protein, and low carbs because if you eat too much protein it won't allow you to get into a Keto state
>>
>>36439440
Not really. It's quite easy really and you have to understand when doing Keto it's NET carbs so depending on what you eat the carb amount is lower than what you think

It's just a diet that consists of meat and cheese and eggs and vegetables and nuts. It's quite easy
>>
>>36438451
Idk if this applies to me but for the past week Ive been eating nothing but salads and chicken. Literally eating that 3 times a day and I have this huge headache wtf is going on?
>>
>>36439449
That's what Keto is . if you're doing it right it's a high fat diet but OP is doing it wrong. Protein too high

>>36439475
Your carbs may be too low. May be in Keto. Side effects are headaches if you don't Drink enough water or have enough salt and other nutrients like magnesium
>>
>>36438451
Eat healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado, grass fed butter. Eat green vegetables and diversify your meats. Do not have any carbs after maybe 2 weeks or 3 have a carb load day unless your cutting. Eat plenty of calories. That's is the most important. You can check if your on keto from keto sticks or if your blood sugar shows 80 or below. Fastest way to get into keto is to fast till noon and start eating fat. High fat, moderate protein, really low carb. NO FUCKIN BREAD.
>>
>>36438485
Are u counting NET carbs because if not your carb intake is probably lower.

I don't really count NET carbs but I try to be aware of it NET carbs is carbs - fiber.
>>
>>36439496
Ah wtf i dont even care for this keto shit. Are there legit benefits to it since im 5 days deep in it? Been drinking water all day and too lazy to make rice which is probably the only carb i ever eat.
>>
>>36439510
Don't count net carbs unless its some sort of grain, although you shouldn't be eating any.
>>
Keto diet is 100 or less according to Luke McDonald.
>>
>>36439503
Is there anyway to know you're in Keto if you have no way to check blood pressure or Keto stick? Just wondering is there just to feel it out?
>>
>>36439518
Your not supposed to be eating rice. Meats, vegetables, fats, maybe some dairy but not much.
>>
>>36438841
Bullshit. I feel great on keto.

The first two weeks of it suck though.
>>
>>36439522
Why not? Just wondering because when I researched it , all of the research emphasizes to count NET carbs. I mean I don't count it really because my carbs are usually 20-30 g regardless
>>
>>36439475
Lettuce has no nutritional value. You're eating a small portion of nutritional veggies along with low protein+fat meat your body is freaking the fuck out. Go make the soup sumo's I hear it's really good for you it's actually what I'm going to try while I cut.
>>
>>36439556
*The soup sumos eat
It's packed with a fuck ton of veggies and meat and shit it's good for you.
>>
>>36439503

>healthy fats like coconut oil and grass fed butter

That you, Dr. Oz?
>>
>>36439539
Havent ate rice all week man.
So im good with eating rotisserie chicken and caesar salads? Maybe add avocado and olive oil?

>>36439556
>>36439561
Ive heard of it sounds healthy af but it sounds a but much man especially on a cut.
>>
>>36439518
Um there are benefits but the reason people usually do it is

1) high fat diet leaves you full. Which I agree on Keto I can eat one meal a day and be good.

2)carbs make you bloated. ALOT of water retention so with low carb u tend to lose a lot more weight and after like two weeks in Keto you start to burn the actual fat in your body
>>
>>36439529
Your breath and piss should smell bad. Piss should be a bit discolored. When your starting off its gonna be like your withdrawaling from opiates or some other drug. Headaches, sweats, fatigue, being lethargic. Your withdrawaling from carbs and sugar. Its a good sign but it also means to eat more calories and water. After you get done with the first couple of weeks, it's pretty easy to resist junk food. Just have a cheat day once every other month
>>
>>36439503
>grass fed butter
>>
>>36439554
Net carbs in vegetables are mostly fiber. Its gonna get shitted out pretty fast if you have a good digestive system. I'm eating 10g to 30g carbs. If you feel like your eating a bit more carbs just have more fat.
>>
>>36439587
Ok thanks. Think I'm going to try to quit bullshitting and actually go Keto full term (longer than a week) made shrimp Alfredo this week so once I finish eating that I'll be good
>>
Is there any better way to lose fat than Keto? I like my figure but hate my bf%
>>
>>36439580
Well more healthier fats
>>
Sweet release.
>>
>>36439614
Keep going at it! It does work and if your craving desserts use stevia sweetener or diet soda, but make sure it doesn't have aspartame or dextrose. Sucralose is fine
>>
>>36439618
Strength training if you're not already doing that...
>>
>>36439621

More healthier than what, crisco?
>>
>>36439583
I'll just ride it out then. I fell for the dirty bulk meme and have trouble losing weight. I got tired of making rice I never eat a consistent amount its either too little or too much.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.