[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made a horrible mistake. I got a new gym buddy who's 28

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1457705699149.jpg (74KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
1457705699149.jpg
74KB, 500x493px
I made a horrible mistake. I got a new gym buddy who's 28 and has been training since HS. I'm 24 and started about a year ago. My DOMS is always small and ignorable and lasts about a day. But about 3 days ago I pushed myself to keep up with my new gymbro. I worked to the point of complete muscle exhaustion which I knew was dumb but I didn't want to look like a bitch. Now I can barely move and it's been 3 days. Walking is an extreme exercise and I walk like a grandpa. I can't pick up any heavy objects (or even some light objects). What did I do? When will it go away? It gets worse every day. Please help.

Tl;dr: over trained and DOMS are killing me. Can't really move. What do?

Pic unrelated
>>
The only way to make it stop is to keep pushing yourself like you did on that day. After a few weeks, your body will get used to it.
>>
>>36437966
Also, I had to call in sick to work today. I'm a bouncer so obviously I can't do my job atm. I work tomorrow. I don't think I'll be well by then.
>>
>>36437966
Just sit tight it will pass. And then try to push abit more every time. You need to feel sore!
>>
The same thing you do every recovery, eat sleep and perform low intensity activity like stretching and light cardio. The latter is out of the question, do it tomorrow. Have an extra rest day.
And when you get pack, stick to your pace, your progression and work load befitting of you, a one year lifter.
>>
>>36438005
Sounds good. I was looking some shit up on the internet about over training and people needing to go to the hospital because of serious problems related to it. Got me worried. I'll try to just power through until I get better. I'll stick to my own pace from now on.
>>36438000
I like feeling sore. This is just on a ridiculous level.
>>
>>36438005

This, and if it's still hard to walk after three days I guarantee you either have not been stretching or have not been eating/sleeping properly. In place of your workout today, do an hour of stretching and foam rolling
>>
>>36438045
As long as your piss isn't brown you should be fine
>>
You don't get overtraining in one session.

Only dyels worry about overtraining. It's incredibly rare and 90% of the time is because you're just not eating and sleeping enough. Or go from couch potato to twice daily 7x per week heavy training
>>
Getting some of the lactic acid out will help a bit. It will drain upside down. You don't need an inversion table or grav boots, but as gimpy as you are hanging off something maybe isn't going to work.... Maybe a board at 45 deg or something to lie on?
>>
>>36437966
So basically you have been training like a bitch for a year and you actually trained properly for once and now you are crippled.....

Keep training with him and you should slowly get over your being a bitch training soon
>>
Light weight training of the same exercises that made you sore works well to ease soreness. Stretching and massage too. Don't isolate too many muscles until you stop getting so sore. Slowly build up how much you are damaging them.
>>
>>36439949
>90% of the time is because you're just not eating and sleeping enough.
Then its not so rare then, and it doesn't matter what the reason is really, if you are training at a level where you are not getting enough recovery then you are overtraining.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.