[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /fit/ think of energy drinks? I recently started working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (36KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 325x325px
What does /fit/ think of energy drinks?

I recently started working nights at my job as an EMT in the city and ideally I'd just drink black coffee to stay awake but all shops close at night and energy drinks are incredibly convenient. I only get the zero cal ones but how bad are they for me?

I recently quit drinking alcohol and besides the energy drinks, all I have is water as well as my regular diet for cutting

Pic related. I usually drink these monsters
>>
No calories, no problem
>>
>>36436971
Nothing really wrong with them, but caffeine pills are orders of magnitude cheaper.
>>
File: redline.jpg (21KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
redline.jpg
21KB, 306x306px
i like monster rehabs and rockstar recoveries, but they don't do much energy. they're a short, quick boost after waking up in the morning. they're just really tasty and refreshing.

i usually rely on pic related once i get to work, though.
>>
>>36437004

>don't do much energy

oops, don't do much for energy*
>>
>>36437020
I've heard red lines are like doing a line of Coke.

Unless I'm running a call, a lot of my job is sitting in the ambulance. So I don't necessarily want to be tweeking my ass off but just enough energy to stay awake. I've just heard in the past that energy drinks in general are really bad for you. I just do one a day
>>
I lived with this girl for 2 months. Her grandpa sold knock off Red Bull energy drinks. He had a whole shed filled with cases of them and each case had 36 12oz cans. Me and my buddy Steve were hungover and decided to drink a whole case each to "get high". We drank the whole 36 racks and it was the worst feeling I ever had. We pissed every 8 minutes. Our hearts were beating really hard and fast. Our hands couldn't stop shaking. Our shits were liquidy and orangeish. The light in her room was vibrant and gave us headaches. And we crashed and slept for a whole day. During our 1 day slumber at the girls house the girl left to do heroin while we slept. We woke up to some heroin dealer at her window looking for her to meet up and sell her heroin. We got mad and told the guy to get out or we'd rape him. We then ate all her food and threw hot save and ice cream all over her room. Ever since then I never drank the stuff.
>>
>>36437058

lol, not exactly.

first time i tried a serving of redline xtreme i got hella intense jitters, but drink em enough and your tolerance will skyrocket.

then again, that's not such a great thing...

start with the original redlines and work your way up to the xtremes, IMO. much smoother.
>>
>>36437004

I drink a Rehab each time I work out. Don't really notice a boost in energy, but it tastes good and its relatively low calorie.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 200x192px)
image.jpg
21KB, 200x192px
>>36437072
>>
>>36436971
i wish i could buy some monster zero ultra here in brazil, shit tastes amazingly good
>>
>>36436971
People say its not good for the heart, people say lots of shit. I rarely drink it, mostly if Im working sunday night and there's no coffee shop open.
>>
>>36436971
Sugar free ones are great. Idgaf about health tho, i just wana get swole and cut.
>>
>>36437243
In the end, that's all I give a shit about, too.
>>
>>36437058

I've done cocaine, it's only similar to energy drinks and pre-workout because of the energy hype. Mentally, your ego merges with your thoughts in this strange way, and I've never experienced that except when I did a line.

Also, the crash that proceeds the effect lasted fucking days. Energy drinks only last hours. I wouldn't do coke again, the crash is just too damn long.
>>
>>36437243
Agreed.

Plus the caffeine content I think is less than a cup of coffee.

Energy drinks are just another way to dress up caffeine but it works for me.
>>
>>36437270
Yeah man I'm only trying to stay awake at work. Not transcend to another plane of existence. I'll save the scarface shit for another day
>>
>>36436971
I drink the white ones. I also gave up booze, it was a problem. I drink too much monster now, probably because I displaced alcohol and have trouble sleeping. Not the best, but also not the worst.
>>
>>36437270
>your ego merges with your thoughts in this strange way,

elaborate?
>>
>>36437315
I used to smoke and drink and all that shit. Now I just lift and drink energy drinks. Although I kicked the old habits, I still need that buzz. But yeah. There are worse things
>>
>>36437285

monsters have 160mg per can i think.

rockstars same, except for a few varieties that have 340mg.

a cup of coffee has 100 or less, you have to wait for it to cool down, doesn't taste that great, and doesn't contain any additional vitamins and minerals. :/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (334KB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
334KB, 2197x1463px
>>36436971

Monster contains inositol, which lowers testostetone
>>
>>36437355

oops, 240, not 340. i wish.
>>
>>36437355
Yeah I don't even like coffee either.

It's lot easier to open a can of rockstar rehab then brew up a pot of coffee anyway.

Bit pricey tho.
>>
>>36437396

pricey as fuck, and that's the killer.

every once in a while they'll go on sale for 2/$3, but even then...
>>
>>36437417
Sometimes 3 for 5 and one glorious time they were 99ยข

Still hunting that white whale.
>>
>>36437270
Was probably cut with something else. Normally My two day recovery is from all the booze after a night of gator tails. Also did a lot studying for the CFA and it got me through work after studying all night
>>
>>36437339
Not that anon but I'll give it a go.
Imagine the way Neo felt in the matrix when he stopped the bullets, flexed, and then the world flexed along with him.

It's this wonderful feeling of agency, like your will is everything, you can do everything.

And then you crash.

(Also the first time I did coke was 2000, matrix metaphor explained right there)
>>
>>36437489
I smoked Salvia one time with some of my m8's and I'm a pretty big guy and all that happened for me was I started to sweat a lot and itched. They were both smaller than me and supposedly experienced some crazy shit. But either way, salvia is a fucking stupid drug. Tastes like shit when you smoke it, too
>>
>>36436971
Couldn't you just fill a bigass thermos with coffee?
>>
>>36436971
No-one who actually takes their health seriously drinks sodas or energy drinks.

If you want that... Energy drinks are basically water and sugar, you can do that yourself and add whatever flavour you want.
>>
>>36437315
funny, I used to drink too much soda/energy drinks, and I displaced them with alcohol.
Now I just drink less alcohol because muh gains.
>>36437355
A cup of coffee has 100 mg on average. I'm personally a proponent of coffee because
>naturally calorie free
>hydrates because it's just flavored water
>leftover coffee goes in the blender with protein powder, preworkout iced coffee shake
energy drinks are too sweet for me now, as well.
>>
>>36437675
I've heard coffee to be a diuretic
>>
>>36437859

Be wary of people who tell you stupid things. People who say that coffee will dehydrate you because it's a diuretic are literally retarded. You're consuming 8-12 oz of liquid, unless you're in a Jackie Chan movie it's not going to dehydrate you
>>
>>36436971

Shit, puts shit into your body.

And you won't be able to sleep at night.

Just fucking eat right people. Youll have tons energy.
>>
>>36438078

>Be wary of people who tell you stupid things.

hey, i'm doing that right now.
>>
>>36437058

I've done both.

I'd say redline is more like a really strong cup of coffee.
>>
>>36438110

not on a cut you won't.
>>
>>36438110
I'm eating the healthiest shit I've eaten my entire life. I'm just on a cut and I don't think I'm getting enough
>>
>>36438115

If you really think drinking a liquid will dehydrate you then I have this great diet plan called veganism to sell you
>>
>>36437072
were you both committed to the rape or did someone just volunteer to be the raper
>>
>>36437859
Caffeine is a diuretic, but I've never seen any evidence that a normal caffeinated beverage has a net diuretic effect. Putting 160 mg into a teaspoon of water would probably have diuretic effect. 16 oz though? Probably not.
>>
>>36438178
>Putting 160 mg into a teaspoon of water would probably have diuretic effect. 16 oz though? Probably not.
The same amount of caffeine has the same diuretic effect on the body, but in a large cup of liquid you get extra water along with the caffeine and the amount of caffeine in a cup of coffee does not equal the amount of water you get, hence you rehydrate rather than dehydrate.
>>
>>36438217
Uhh, yeah? That's what I was getting at.
>>
>>36438261
No, you said it didn't have a diuretic effect. It does, but the water content counteracts it.
>>
>>36438332
>net diuretic effect
>net

After saying it once, I didn't feel it was necessary to be so specific in the next sentence. I wasn't trying to imply water magically makes caffeine stop working.
>>
>>36438565
You also said
>Putting 160 mg into a teaspoon of water would probably have diuretic effect. 16 oz though? Probably not.
Which is wrong
>>
>>36437072

>OD on caffeine because retard

IT'S THAT SPOOKY REDBULL, WHO KNOWS WHAT'S IN THAT SHIT
>>
>>36438854
I didn't mean "no diuretic effect at all". If read the sentence before, it's very clear I mean a NET diuretic effect, as in making you diurese more water than you are ingesting.
>>
>>36437004
I've looked everywhere for this stuff, can't find it. Do I need to buy it online?
>>
>>36436971
Caffeine is great for squeezing out extra reps
>>
File: 1447997880805.jpg (18KB, 499x543px) Image search: [Google]
1447997880805.jpg
18KB, 499x543px
>>36436971
I love a can of Monster Zero once a day, but only because I like the taste.
>>
My Kyptonite. Especially when I make a smoothie and use this as a replacement to water
>>
>>36440782
Have you tried their mango/passion fruit flavor?
Its' way better than this one imo.
>>
>>36440909

I'll give it go. One of these days I'm going to have to buy one of each flavor for a final definite power ranking. lol.
>>
File: drink-mimic1.jpg (104KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
drink-mimic1.jpg
104KB, 450x450px
>>36436971
people like to bash on them, but looking over peer reviewed studies show that they offer some pretty good stuff.

I recently discovered spider, went from not feeling like lifting that day to pr lmao 4plate deadlifts bc of this stuff.
>>
>>36436971
Best energy drink I've ever had.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/bang-energy-drink.html?MCID=CG-PLA-US-GS_vpx&PLASKU=VPX4090081&CAWELAID=120147270000119499&catargetid=120147270000105519&cadevice=m&gclid=Cj0KEQjwzq63BRCrtIuGjImRoIIBEiQAGLHdYZwqPYDdYF8oGJNJRKX_aF1kxrqtF3eDc62RP9dVOcEaAoST8P8HAQ
>>
>>36437489
>It's this wonderful feeling of agency, like your will is everything, you can do everything.

what if this is me normally?
>>
Rockstar Pure Zero or pic related for me
>>
>>36439031

I get it from Vitamin Shoppe, but if you don't have one of those around then yeah, online is your best bet.

I used to get em from a regional convenience store (to which i no longer have access since moving). if you have a quiktrip in your area, try there.
>>
>>36442015

tastes SO GOOD but i hate carbonated drinks

would have been GOAT if flat like the recoveries
>>
>>36438078
>You're consuming 8-12 oz of liquid, unless you're in a Jackie Chan movie it's not going to dehydrate you

yeah, because drinking 3L of beer is totally going to hydrate you
>>
>>36442023
rockstar needs to quit playing and take out more flavors of their recovery drinks.
>>
>>36442129

agreed.

monster rehab already did it right, but i prefer the recoveries + they're usually cheaper.
>>
>>36436995
>tfw you can't get caffeine pills without prescription in Germany
>tfw you can get coffee, tea, energy drinks and even pre workout with the exact same amount of caffeine as caffeine pills in Germany.
>>
>>36442144
u wot
go to myprotein and order it bag-wise

no problem
>>
>>36442112
Yes, actually. There's people out there that literally live on beer, and there have been for centuries. Aren't those supposed to be dead within a week m80?
>>
>>36442394

>literally live on beer

people who don't drink water at all, whatsoever?

never met such a person in my life. fuck, i even drank water when i had a booze problem. what are you basing this off of? do you actually know people who don't drink water?
>>
Im not an expert on diuretics,
But wouldn't caffeine plus lots of liquid make you pee more than say a pill of the same dose, cause of how kidneys work n shit?
Combined with the sodium that would be in the drink to a bigger or smaller extent

This would complicate deducing the 'net' de-/rehydration
>>
>>36442394

If such people exist, I can confirm you they are at least dead on the inside
>>
>>36437072
top kek this is surreal
>>
>>36442394
That beer from past you are talking about was actually very different from what we have now. And even kids were drinking it, because water was shitty and you could get sick. These beers had like 1-2% alcohol
>>
>>36442742
The average beer strength in 1700's England was between 3.5-4.5 % alcohol.
>>
File: tumblr_nozb49LB2U1qa8t6fo1_1280.jpg (54KB, 960x636px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nozb49LB2U1qa8t6fo1_1280.jpg
54KB, 960x636px
>>36442394
>>36442112
Beer dehydrates you on a different principle. Water is used to process the alcohol in your liver. It doesn't dehydrate you because it's a diuretic.
>>
>>36438145
Drink sea-water, it does wonders for your muscles. They rest much quicker allowing for more frequent workouts.
>>
>>36442144
amazon
>>
>>36436971
If they sell them near you try Rip It. Its basically monster for 99 cents
>>
>>36436971

Redline xtreme
>>
>>36442144
deal with it faggot
>>
>>36436971

>tfw addicted to white monsters

Fuck
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.