[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work out 5 days a week >live in the bumfuck countryside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: MQxyCs.jpg (71KB, 751x605px) Image search: [Google]
MQxyCs.jpg
71KB, 751x605px
>work out 5 days a week
>live in the bumfuck countryside of japan
>only gym worth a damn is 120 bucks a month
>other cheaper gym has exactly 85kg worth of weights for their barbell
>no squat rack

I feel trapped. I can't make decent progresd. Im already the biggest guy in town and Im still a twig by /fit/ standards. I feel like ive wasted a years worth if gains because of the shitty equipment. Should I just look into going to the expensive gym?
>>
>>36401398
Or fucking move. Or buy equipment. Or do literally ANYTHING to actually change your situation other than posting about it on 4chan.
>>
In other news, I sucked seven cocks today, to completion!
>>
>>36401437
This guy's right.
Unless you have some reason not to. If so, just bite the bullet.
>>
>>36401398
>Should I
Just run, do calisthenics, and enjoy your pathetically short life.
>>
Consider callisthenics
Not because it's good, but cuz the Japanese countryside leaves little other options. I've seen some very narrow setups for home gyms, but it depends on the space available to you.
>>
Excuses.. Or doing body-weight and calisthenics is expensive there too? -.-
>>
Why don't you build a home gym op?
>>
>>36401437

Moving isnt an option. Im working to change the situation right now. I was just hoping maybe I could get some more options by asking you guys.
>>
>>36401493
Push ups
Pull ups
Squats
Planks
And live that good life in Japan
>>
File: trx_large.jpg (20KB, 748x329px) Image search: [Google]
trx_large.jpg
20KB, 748x329px
>>36401398

Lucky OP, what are you doing in the country side of Japan?

>Push ups
>incline pushups
>Narrow push ups
>pull ups
>Chin ups
>Crunches
>Planks
>Ab wheel
>Dips
>Skateboard squats
>SHadow boxing

You're in Japan, the land of the rising sun! make the most of it, OP.

And it looks like bro science but the bands really will give you a run for your money, hook them up to a door or on your ceiling
>>
>>36404319

If possible, use the rod from your closet for the clothing racks and stick some cinderblocks on the sides for a ghetto barbell.
>>
>>36401398
Right

buy a squat rack senpai
>>
Not OP, but in a similar situation. Anyone have any tips for getting into bodyweight exercises? I've currently just been doing planks, pushups, and squats.
>>
>>36401398
>Save Up
>Buy squat rack
>Buy a bench
>Buy adjustable dumbbells or just buy a full set
>???
>get fucking huge and crush all the Jap poon
>>
>>36401398
How come you're there anon? I'm hoping to do student exchange there for 6 months but I've heard negative things from weebs who live there and I was worried about this no gym phenomenon. How ya liking it?
>>
>>36401398
>>36401437
^this
>>
>>36401398

I spent 6 months last year living up in the middle of bumblefuck too for my work.
Only my bumblefuck didn't even have a gym. Not even a sporting goods store.

I maintained my gains by going out into the nearby woods and lifting large rocks and logs and shit.

You want gains? You'll find a way to get gains.
>>
All these weebs in this thread thinking Japan is awesome because they know fuck all about it other than that's where anime comes from and women are more submissive. There are bars where white people are literally not allowed to go unless they are accompanied by a Japanese person. Also read up on the rape of Nanking for an insight into their recent military history.
>>
>>36405347
>recent

it honestly wasn't that recent, japan got cucked to hell and back since then
>>
>>36405313
My brother was there for a year to study abroad, he seemed to have nothing but posative things to say about it
>>
>>36405313
>negative things from weebs who live there
How is this a bad thing?
>>
File: slide_249648_1497476_free.jpg (216KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
slide_249648_1497476_free.jpg
216KB, 1200x899px
where do you live OP?
move to osaka-shi, ill be your lifting buddy
>>
>>36405347
Have you been there anon, or are you just being a contrarian? I went there for 3 weeks (not enough time to form a solid opinion but it's a start) and my experience was mostly positive. The only real negatives were feeling xenophobia from some (not many) people, being refused entry to some places because white and one run in with some entry-level yakuza faggots. Aside from that, fantastic place.
>>
>>36401398
you're picture is chinese, not japanese senpai
>>
>>36405506
>Osaka
>Shit tier city

Choose both

Kantō Master Race
>>
>>36405611
eat shit faggot osaka is the best and i don't even live in japan

better food
more relaxed people
more fun to get drunk

i stayed in amerikamura and it was fucking sick brehhhhhhh
>>
>>36401398
how about you try not being a fucking weeb?
>>
>>36405622
Can confirm Osaka as best city. Never had any trouble there and everyone seems way less up tight. Plus pre good nightlife
>>
>>36405622

>Dirty streets
>Poor-looking people
>Comparing Nanba to Shibuya or Shinjuku

I used to like Osaka before visiting, but when I was there, I just wanted to go back to Tokyo.
Way cleaner, people are quieter and dress properly.
>>
Best to follow a bodyweight training routine OP or invest into homegym. (or atleast a bench rack)
>>
I can't find a /fit/ on 2chan. Why is this.
>>
>>36406088
this with a slight difference.A bench rack is useless if you do proper pushups and add resistance/weight vest with time.Get a squat rack and 100 kilos in disks instead.A pullup bar and a resistance band are must-have too.
>>
>>36401398

Are you stationed in Misawa, anon?

If so, fuck your attitude. Schedule a week of leave, schedule a tour with outdoor rec, and see the country, meet people, etc.

And then do it again when your squadron gives you the green light.
>>
File: 1024024-mm3.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1024024-mm3.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>36406101
Because japs think muscled men are gay.
>>
File: dog rope.jpg (34KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
dog rope.jpg
34KB, 600x549px
>>36406158
I guess they know their stuff.
>>
>>36401493
Buy some steel tubing. Find a welder. I'm not even kidding.
>>
File: weighted excercises.png (1MB, 1565x2040px) Image search: [Google]
weighted excercises.png
1MB, 1565x2040px
>>36401437

This

>>36401493

There's so much shit you can do for your body on calisthenics and cardio alone. Why don't you get some weights, a pullup bar, a jump rope, and some other good shit.

You don't need a gym.
>>
OP here. I wasn't expecting to be this thread alive after I got home from work, but it is.

>>36406141

I'm not a soldier. I imagine a soldier would have decent access to a gym with quality free weighs.

>>36405634

I wish I had the time to be a weeb.

>>36405579

THIS is a weeb

>>36405313

I used to study here. My university had a gym attached to it so I was fairly content.

But now I'm out in the workforce I don't have the luxury of a gym built for a rugby team.
>>
>>36401398

open a proper gym yourself
>>
>>36406402

You just gave me an idea. 24 hour fitness franchises use global memberships right?
>>
File: 1414483710738.jpg (73KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1414483710738.jpg
73KB, 768x1024px
>>36405622
>>36405506

Oosaka is to Kyoto and Tokyo like China is to Japan

Rude people, dirty streets, complete lack of customer respect, old buildings, the list goes on

Oosaka is great if you just want to visit for the food, but as a living space it has everything bad about Japan without any of the perks.
>>
Which country is best for a fit white guy to pull chicks?
>>
>>36406348
>dumbbell leg raises
I'd give myself like 5 reps of the first set before accidentally dropping the weights and neutering myself
>>
Buy
>Squat rack
>Barbell
>dumbell
>weights
There you have it
>>
>>36406812
Italy, Spain, Mexico, Croatia

Anywhere where the common male mentality is kind of pack-like with great emphasis for physical strength and bravado without any regard for personality
>>
>>36406836
Italy and Spain seem pretty promising. I have a basic understanding in Spanish and Italian is pretty similar so it should be pretty easy to get enough for people to give me a pass as a foreigner
>>
>>36406868
Remember to go to the south
Northern Italy is more civilized, and trying to be a caveman looking for women to drag to your cave will only make you look rude and will make people assume you're dumb.

In the south, on the flipside, all those traits will be seen as positive and you'll be covered in poon
>>
>>36406803
Thank you bud, you get it!
>>
>>36404371
Start bodyweight is what people usually do to start calisthenics. You can even structure it to be a strength program, and all you really need is a pull up bar or similar.
>>
File: 1417407226349.jpg (49KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1417407226349.jpg
49KB, 500x300px
>>36405611
>>36405657
>>36406803
fucking kantofags, i bet you only like tokyo because of anime.

kanto people are fucking boring and stuck up
osaka and kobe is best japan city

osaka has the best women, people are more open, more firendly, like to have fun. more open to non japanese.
sure you may run into yakuza fags, but theyll leave you alone if you dont mess with them.
>>
>>36409492
>i bet you only like tokyo because of anime.

No, I like Tokyo because even if someone mistakenly steps on my foot I can be sure they will apologize profusely and feel sorry about it instead of just walking past like I was at fault for having my foot under theirs

I like Tokyo because I can take the morning train and still be comfortable in a crowd of 40 people per square meter, because everyone respects boundaries and doesn't turn even a mildly crowded train into chinese-tier bolgia of noise

I like Tokyo because when I want to have fun with someone we can go to a mahjong parlor, or drinking, or gambling, or walk around, and wherever we go we're be able to have fun at our own pace and in peace, instead of having to suffer deafening noise from even the most slightly tipsy patron of the place we're in

I like Tokyo because wherever I go I see clean countertops, chrome surfaces and glass, and a modern look while still being Japanese even in the heart of the metropolis, instead of seeing peeling paint even on important buildings and broken windows as soon as I step out of the city center.

Like I said before, Oosaka is great to visit. They have the greatest Takoyaki, they're the best at making spicy gyuudon, and their festivals are nice.

But living there? Never. Just like I wouldn't want to live in China.
>>
>>36405506
Dōyama-chō rep
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.