[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are potato chips like Lay's considered bad for your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Why are potato chips like Lay's considered bad for your health? Other than the salt content, I don't see how they're bad. They have 0 trans fats, and a rather low sat fat content.
>>
>>36394472
The definition of empty calories
>>
>>36394472
>le fat meme
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>36394472
useless calories, c'mon
>>
like these people basically said, >>36394493
>>36394536

its fine if it fits ur macros and fiber intake
>>
advanced glycation and lipoxidation end products
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 179x282px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 179x282px
I get these, almost no sodium and high in vitamin A, with a bit of potassium, fiber and vitamin c thrown in. Probably not the greatest thing on a cut but 100x better than heavily salted chips.
>>
>>36394536
A calorie is a calorie. You will get fat no matter what kind of calories you eat, if you eat them in excess.

As long as you hit proper nutritional milestones for the day, there's no reason to avoid chips (well, other than the salt content).
>>
>>36394472
As some people have already said, potato chips are what's called "empty calories". The thing is, aside from the energy they contain, they're pretty much devoid of any nutritional value. This resulting in your average person eating half a bag (or 2 whole bags if you're American), gets a ton of calories and becomes hungry again 20 minutes later.
So it's not that they're actually harmful in any way. It's just that it's very easy to overeat when you eat these kinds of food.
>>
>>36394783
>implying salt is bad for your health
Just stay hydrated
>>
>>36394783
Wouldn't you have a problem not going over your calorie limit if you eat properly for nutrition and then add chips?
>>
>>36395450

thats the problem, if you're some skinny dyel and need extra 1200kcal then eat the chips.
Just way too easy to eat your whole daily intake with shit food like this.
>>
>>36394536
What does it mean that its a useless calorie? Would you starve to death if you ate only useless calories?
>>
>>36396259
no but for the purposes of maximizing muscle growth and fat loss it's useless calories. no one is assuming you're going to starve to death but if you were starving you'd eat anything.
>>
>>36395450
the problem is that they're associated with fat people, just like burgers and pizza are, because they taste good and can easily be eaten in excess. Plus they are usually seen being eaten by fat people. Burgers aren't bad, they can actually be healthy if you get lean meat and whole wheat buns, but they're associated with fat people (Randy from Trailer Park Boys?).
>>
>>36394472
They just have a lot of calories and not many micronutrients.
>>
>>36396259
Let's say you can only eat 2500 kcals on a day, anything over and you get fatter. If you spend 1000 on chips you only have 1500 left for nutritional foods to get things like protein, vitamins, minerals.
>>
They're not really bad for you but not good

No micros
No fiber
No protons
>>
>>36396259
>Would you starve to death if you ate only useless calories?

Having literally 0 protein in your diet doesn't kill you, but it fucks up your shit real good.
>>
>>36396381

I'm pretty sure getting no essential amino acids will absolutely kill you, eventually, depending on how much muscle your body has to catabolize
>>
>>36396399
Yes, I wanted to say that it doesn't kill you straight away. Like you said, first your body catabolizes your muscles and then when everything is depleted you'd just get immune problems or organ failure.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.