[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/, I'll be joining the National Guard to help pay for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 100225-A-0000K-001-copy.jpg (195KB, 462x336px) Image search: [Google]
100225-A-0000K-001-copy.jpg
195KB, 462x336px
/fit/,

I'll be joining the National Guard to help pay for university

I'm in decent shape, but I'm afraid of twenty weeks of basic training. What exercises should I be doing now to prepare my body?
>>
I'm 23 and aimless in life. I too would like to learn about the National Guard.
>>
>>36360508
I believe they do a lot of pushups chin ups and run a lot so you'll probably be good if you can do that a lot
>>
>>36360508
If it's anything like the British Army you will need to run a lot, especially one to five mile distances. Upper body strength is also really helpful. As a non-fitness aside, get good at waking up early and operating on very little sleep.
>>
>>36360862

I wake up at night longing to be in training now. The structured life.

Honestly, it'll probably be hell. But it'll teach me some manners and it'll put me in the shape of my life.
>>
>>36360508
dont. get some fucking loans
>>
>>36360508
Why you not do ROTC you little cockmuncher
>>
My brother joined this year and he came back from basic and told me about it. He said they would run, but not very often. He said that they would also have them do a lot of push-ups.

It is based on a scale. If you are successful with your performance than you get rewarded.
>>
>20 weeks

31B detected

welcome to the fucking suck, you will literally never do anything related to policework and if you do get deployed you'll just be another ground pounder kicking in doors and getting blown the fuck up

I know this because I made the same mistake you did
>>
>>36363380
also, another thing-

everyone, especially the infantry, is going to despise you for being a professional buddy fucker. Your only friends in the service will be other MP's
>>
walk, run, pull ups, burpees

crossfit in general
>>
>>36360508
Ask /k/ there's usually a military enlistment general up.

Basic ain't so bad
>>
>>36360508

Running. Cardio. Bodyweight exercises, e.g. pushups, situps, pullups. Oh, and running.

Your 1RMs will mean precisely dick. The guys that do the best in the military are the skinny lanklets that can cardio all day long.

Don't worry though, I'm an old fat guy and I made it through.
>>
>National Guard
wew lad. The designated /fit/ branch is the Marines.
Never gonna make it.
>>
>>36363555
This is the truth.

You only have 1 chance to not be a certified puss. Don't blow it being a weekend warrior.

Also you know you are 99% likely to be deployed in the middle of your university years right? Don't buy into into the recruiters shit.

>Source. I was a Marine reserves poolee for a few months before I escaped with my future still intact.
>>
>>36363380
>>36363406

>31B

I'm not going to be an MP, bulldog.
>>
>>36363555
>>36364477
>muhreen retards trying to make everyone think they're badasses

Yeah, no, you're bloodthirsty and violent welfare queens that would kill an American as soon as anyone else.

I wouldn't trust a marine not to shoot me in the fucking back because you're all insanely violent and have no ethics, morals or intelligence whatsoever.
>>
>army
>national gaurd
>airforce
Everyone in these branches are fat pieces of shit. Navy too unless you're an HM or CB
>>
>>36364590
Do you really have to hate generalize breh?
>>
>>36360508

Run, burpees, pushups

Condition yourself to perform on a sleep deficit and you'll be fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (814KB, 2456x1536px)
image.jpg
814KB, 2456x1536px
>>36364590

OK
>>
>>36361174
>one to five miles
>running a lot
TOPPEST OF FUCKING KEKS. THAT'S FUCKING EASY MODE.
>>
>>36360508
Prepare to embrace the suck. You're going to hate it and you're going to love it. In the end, you're going to hate it. But you'll talk about it as if you loved it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.