[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I choose a routine? Don't tell me to do SS it us

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1450732361731.gif (403KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450732361731.gif
403KB, 320x240px
How do I choose a routine? Don't tell me to do SS it us so boring and it takes less time to do than it takes me to go to and from the gym. Besides I'd like to go 4-5 times a week. So what things should I keep in mind when trying to make one up for myself?
>>
Just do push ups.
>>
>>36348882
I'm already paying gym membership
>>
>>36348886
To what gym?
>>
>>36348850
You aren't lifting enough weight.

It should be the MAXIMUM weight you can lift for 5 reps.

After than you need to rest 4-5 mins just to be able to do all 5 reps of the next set.

4-5 min rest between sets, you should be in the gym for a fai amount of time.

That being said, I prefer greyskull lp alternating squats with hip thrusts, simply because it is more balanced between upper body and lower body.

All beginner routines are low volume for a reason.

Stick with it. The gains are pretty much optimum
>>
>>36348850

do SS and stop acting like you know any better
>>
>>36348850
Well I have no clue what to recommend for you if you're a total beginner but based on what you've told us I'd say an Arnold style split would be right what you're looking for. Blueprint to cut and blueprint to mass are both fun intermediate to advanced routines but while you'll likely see gains on them they're definitely designed for someone on gear to benefit the most from them
>>
>>36349197
This.

Inb4 op turns into a curlbro who thinks ss is a meme and he will make hella gains lifting a bro split with 1x muscle frequency and retarded volume and makes no gains, just because he feels like he is "working harder"
>>
>>36349213
DYEL fuck, stop giving advice. Come back when you actually lift
>>
Ss is supposed to be easy at first to get you used to the movements. Then as your lifts increase in weight you won't be able to bang out sets like before.

There's no reason for noob lifters to jump into a high volume routine. Just do ss and then switch to a ppl or ul split once you stall too many times
>>
>>36349243
Imo a good way to deal with stalls (esp. If you are stalling from eating at a deficit) is just to do rpt

Your first set you keep at 3-5 rep, then your second set you do like 8-10 then one or two more sets at 10-14 rep.

Good for hypertrophy, and it has helped me through many stalls (permacut mode -recovering fatty)
>>
>>36348850
Do Stronglifts with accessories added.
>>
Do a PPLxPPL split. Gainz
>>
OP do a 5-day split because it doesn't matter what anyone in the thread says, that is what you want to hear. You do not have the proper mindset for training and you will never make it regardless.
>>
Doing novice SS + 2-3 quick assistance bullshit exercises at the end (curls, LTEs, dips, etc) takes me 2 hours.

Rest periods between heavy squats are easily 3-5 minutes.

You're just a stupid beginner, OP.
>>
>>36349373
That's not what I want to hear at all, my question was what to look for in a routine and/or how to build one you illiterate fuckup
>>
>>36348886
Weighted pushups
>>
>>36349412

You're the unknowing beginner that is baselessly rejecting the most proven beginner program of them all.
>>
>>36349477
Because it's so boring :(
>>
>>36349502

It really isn't any more or less boring than just about any other program.

If you want exciting weightlifting your option is pretty much Olympic weightlifting. Or be a Crossfit faggof, but with a zero strength basis you'll never get anywhere with Crossfit.
>>
>>36349502
>Because it's so boring :(

Nigga. That better not be your life motto

School is boring
Work is boring
Excercise is boring

But you see a shit load of people doing it to better themselves. Dedication and determination makes a winner and so far you sound like a loser.

Get your shit straight.
>>
>>36349566

I thought school was interesting. And so is my job now.

:C
>>
>>36349611
Then that should make exercising even more easier.

Gains don't even come that fast. People who put in time and effort are the ones you're seeing images of on this board.
>>
>>36349650

>>36349611is me, not OP. And I like lifting too, I don't think it's boring. I think what you said is an unnecessary bleak and untrue outlook.
>>
>>36348850
PPL is the only path to aesthetics bro, dont listen to these clowns
>>
>>36349566
I like school
I like work
And I like exercise
I just didn't like starting strength
>>
>SS IS A MEME REEEE

Fuck off faggot, I was fucking around and not eating for a year and some change and I barely got my lifts to:

BP: 65 - 135
Squat: 85 - 165
Deadlift: 115 - 205
OHP: 55 - 85

It took a fucking year and change to do that by fucking around, going once a week or so, and not eating correctly.

I started ACTUALLY doing the program, not missing days, and eating at a moderate surplus of +300-500 calories and now my lifts shot up to

BP: 135 - 175
Squat: 165 - 235
DL: 205 - 290
OHP 85 - 117.5

In TWO FUCKING MONTHS from Jan 11 to March 11, today.

If you don't want super fucking easy gains kill yourself.

I legit spend 2 hours in the gym or more per session since I take 6-8 minutes to rest in between sets cause the weight is heavy relative to my strength, because I do warmup sets, and because I added in 3 accessories to complement the main compounds.

I also alternate PRing squats and deadlifts, and do light squats or light deadlifts on days I do not do them.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.