[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You may be getting bigger, faster, and stronger psychically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: brainonmath.jpg (48KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
brainonmath.jpg
48KB, 620x413px
You may be getting bigger, faster, and stronger psychically, but are you getting stronger mentally?

How does one become smarter?
>>
>>36280780

You don't.

It's genetic
>>
>>36280794

Adding to this. You asked two questions OP.

Getting stronger mentally, aka gaining mental fortitude, is possible and simple to do, but not easy.

Getting smarter is near impossible
>>
>>36280780
Learning.
>>
>>36280780
read more.
>>
>>36280826
/thread.
>>
>>36280780
Read, watch documentaries, Khan academy. /thread.
>>
>>36280780
loll who need to rbe smaret r when you pick big weigtts up good luc k bieng sciecnce bitch haha
>>
I can already move small objects (less than 20 kg) with my mind, and am currently working on being able to teleport
>>
You can gain wisdom (Study), but becoming smarter is a different matter. I'm not really sure it's possible.
>>
>>36281008
Learning, observance, and problem solving are all skills that can be trained like anything else. Some people may be genetically predisposed to them in the same way some people are genetically predisposed to putting on lean mass but so long as you're not retarded you can always make mind gains.
>>
>>36281086
Skills and knowledge are components of wisdom. Intelligence is the ability, speed, and adeptness of acquiring, mastering, and internalizing all of that.

An idiot can become more wise. A wise man is not necessarily highly intelligence (but requires some intelligence).
>>
you can't become smarter. You can learn to memorize shit that smart people have already said.
But you will probably never be the guy who creates something original out of his own words.it's genetics friend
>>
>>36281118
>ability, speed, and adeptness of acquiring, mastering, and internalizing all of that.
These things can be trained. Intelligence isn't a constant that's determined solely on genetics.
>>
>>36281174
Whatever comforts you, I guess.

Intelligence separates man from beast.

Wisdom separates man from child.
>>
>>36280780
go to school
>>
>>36280780
As far as I know my psychic powers have grown rather unrelated to my physique, anon.

I may even try a suppression blast tomorrow.
>>
>>36281201
I think the one seeking comfort is the one denying his ability to improve and being content with mediocrity.
>>
Learn from people who have thought great thoughts before you to accumulate sheer knowledge. I think that recombining that information and forming new associations between old and new information is essential to developing critical thinking skills. But experience is part of becoming smart. To me, the word smart connotes efficiency, which would require a honing of skills over time rather than just inborn intelligence. IDK mayne
>>
>>36281252
Tell me, then. If an average monkey studies hard enough, can he think on the same level as a human?
>>
>>36280780
>How does one become smarter?
You don't. You increase your wisdom through experience. Wisdom only comes with age. 4chan stunts your wisdom growth. Leave 4chan and pursue experience and wisdom instead.
>>
File: 1392966528979.jpg (334KB, 1205x721px) Image search: [Google]
1392966528979.jpg
334KB, 1205x721px
>>36281282
>comparing monkey to humans when the other anon is talking about human to human

Are you serious? Fucking christ.
>>
>>36281306
Are you implying there's a limit to the growth of intelligence? Perhaps genetic?

>oh
>>
>>36281282
If the average human trains hard enough, can he lift as much as a gorilla?
>>
>>36280780
You can't

I just feel sorry for less intelligent people t.bh. You can work as hard as you can and score better on exams than me, be more successful than me, but you will always be a retard
>>
>>36281322
I think you don't misunderstand. I'm on the side arguing -for- the existence of genetic limits.

Scooby has a whole video on genetic limits unless you're top 1%.
>>
>>36281316
You are missing the point entirely. There was never a claim that intelligence wasn't capped by genetics. The claim was that intelligence, the ability to solve complex problems and easily process information, can be improved up to a natty limity by training.
>>
>>36281355
>I think you don't understand*

Whoops, guess that's my genetic limit.
>>
>>36280780
Genetic. I'd find out when your people learned to read and write for starters.
>>
>>36281362
You're not improving your intelligence, you're fulfilling your genetic potential.

You're either smart enough (genetically gifted enough), or you're not. Wisdom can unlock that potential. Studying will not make you any more inherently intelligent. You just go from an ignorant intelligent person to a wise intelligent person.
>>
>>36281316
I think you need to train your intelligence, specifically reading comprehension.
>>
>>36281397
>reading comprehension is intelligence.
He just doesn't get it.
>>
>>36281396
>You're not improving your intelligence, you're fulfilling your genetic potential.
You can't just make up definitions to suit your argument
>Hurrrr someone going from squatting 200lbs to 300lbs isn't getting stronger! He's just unlocking his genetic potential.
>>
>>36281316
There's a world of difference between comparing two members of the same species and comparing two different species with radically different brain structure
>>
>>36281430
>equating physical strength with intelligence
A better comparison would be whether you were born with Kleinfelters or god-tier insertions/metabolism/bone frame/whatever.

You can't change that shit, but you can become stronger regardless. A shit tier genetics guy can look better/be more academically accomplished than a person with better genetic potential if he pushes himself (and pray the gifted guy doesn't try just as hard as you).
>>
>>36281328
>this dunning-kruger complex
>despite underperforming in several areas associated with a high iq, I still consider myself superior despite not having evidence on my side
>>
For mental/brain health optimization, genetics will limit you, but there are some things you can do to make the best of what you have I feel

•meditation
•supplementation of Krill oil (or fish oil, but krill is more effective), creatine, general health vitamins, and other various nootropics
>play video games (I believe I saw a study that showed people who played portal 2 scored really well on tests compared to another group, so it may be certain types of games that require critical thinking)
>read
>exercise
>sleep well
>take naps
>>
Chess is good for brain gains.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-28-13-23-39.png (142KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-28-13-23-39.png
142KB, 720x1280px
>>36280780
Practice practice practice. People don't get Fields Medals because their parents were Nobel laureates.
>>
Copy my routine:
eat
College @ USC (top school in USA)
gym
meditate
read
study
shitpost
dine with classmates
>>
>>36281956
>I use psychoanalysis bullshit to try and prove people wrong
this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about tbqhwyfam
>>
>>36280780
The brain is as malleable as other muscles. (To an extent)
Just train it
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.