[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did baldness ever become so widespread in the genepool?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: 1142.jpg (642KB, 3000x2141px) Image search: [Google]
1142.jpg
642KB, 3000x2141px
How did baldness ever become so widespread in the genepool?

Clearly it does not give you any sort of survival advantage. In fact most would agree it actualy decreases your chances of finding a suitable mate. I'm trying to wrap my head around it but I can't come up with a good reason why it's so widespread (something like 40% of all men will experience some form of hair loss in their lifetime).
>>
Because if you breed before becoming a baldcel they can't tell

most baldcels aren't bald at 28 or something, when they'd tend to have kids
>>
>>36253134
Interesting theory
>>
Also in my experience, girls with bald dads seem to care less
>>
>>36253134
came here to say this.

>>36253172
also this. I pulled a hot ass 18 year old model when i was 26. Her dad was bald and i think she was subconsciously attracted to me because of it.
>>
File: [frowning intensifies].jpg (66KB, 758x537px) Image search: [Google]
[frowning intensifies].jpg
66KB, 758x537px
>>36253143
It's not a hypothesis, that's exactly how evolution works. Unless a certain mutation prevents a creature from reproducing, either by sterilizing or killing it before it breeds, it's not going to be selected against. You're making the elementary mistake of thinking that evolution is a goal oriented process rather than just a random crapshoot like it is. Evolution doesn't have a "goal".

Baldness prevails because it doesn't prevent reproduction in any way. There's your answer OP, now go finish high school. I honestly can't believe how ignorant some people are when they have access to virtually all human information at all times of the day.
>>
>28 yo
>reasonably bald
>get buzzcut
>lucky skullshape
>more female attention than ever
>Have females aproach me at bars/nightclubs etc
>Fucked a couple of 18yo's

I honestly was afraid of not being abled to get women when being bald, but it was the complete motherfucking opposite. I wish i started shaving my head earlier.
>>
>>36253172
Ive noticed the same. Also girls with daddy issues care even less, actually, they might even prefer it. Ive had a couple of 18 yo fuck toys i did the craziest things to, and they never dared to say no. Being bald definitly has its perks.
>>
>>36253206
Actualy it is a hypothesis, since it hasn't been researched , confirmed/debunked thoroughly.

Also you're wrong on evolution, a mutation does not have to completely prevent a creature from reproducing or killing it before it breeds to eventualy die out in the gene pool.

All it needs is a competing mutation to edge it out, giving a slighly higher chance of reproducing to eventualy purge it from the gene pool.
>>
Why haven't humans become fireproof yet? It's not like dying in a fire would increase your chances of reproducing.
>>
>>36253415
Asking why something isn't in the gene pool is the opposite of asking why something is widespread in the genepool.

Good job failing at producing a good analogy though
>>
>>36253404
The dude said it was a theory, it wasn't. I said it's not even a hypothesis, since a hypothesis by definition is an idea about why certain data is as it is. Considering that we have a well established scientific theory that directly disproves this guy's "hypothesis", it's not a hypothesis. I refuse to legitimize some dumbass's ignorance through calling his bullshit a hypothesis.

>Also you're wrong on evolution, a mutation does not have to completely prevent a creature from reproducing or killing it before it breeds to eventualy die out in the gene pool.
>All it needs is a competing mutation to edge it out, giving a slighly higher chance of reproducing to eventualy purge it from the gene pool.

...in which case that first mutation would interfere with reproducing as effectively. I simplified the idea since the guy is obviously a moron (I know it doesn't have to literally always sterilize or kill you), but what you said is just semantics. The fact remains that baldness doesn't interfere with reproduction due to it appearing after most men have reproduced multiple times, so it's not being selected against.
>>
>>36253108
>Clearly it does not give you any sort of survival advantage.
Any outward sign of maturity could be a useful tool for individual survival and reproductive advantage as well as social stability (eg. signalling likelihood that you'd win a fight before it starts), like the human equivalent of a silverback in gorillas. There's some evidence of enlarged or prominent foreheads associated with higher social status in other primates, I think.

It raises the question of why it doesn't seem to be seen that way today but humans are influenced by the media among other things which is a strong and not at all natural influence. It replaces the old system of social signalling (with 100 or so real people around you) with something totally unlike it (media). I think that's especially disruptive when it comes to men since men function outside appearance much more so than women (their status is based not on how they look or whether they're liked but on what they're doing and what they can make happen - winning fights, providing resources) especially as they mature.

In other words, it's more important how you look in the media or how many people like you than what you are able to do at a personal level. Bald men fail at the first but evolutionarily they may well have succeeded at the second to the point where it far outweighed the downsides of having less hair. It's also worth bearing in mind less men may have survived to maturity at the time this trait was being selected for (if it ever was selected for) so it may have been a sign that you were a seriously strong, resilient, aggressive individual if you lived long enough to show it.
>>
Because only recently have girls had the luxury of being so picky. Back in the day, the man who could provide for you was the one you fucked, even if he was bald.
>>
File: 1325277393534.jpg (10KB, 285x237px) Image search: [Google]
1325277393534.jpg
10KB, 285x237px
>>36253494
>>36253467
This actuly makes sense
>>
>>36253461
>The fact remains that baldness doesn't interfere with reproduction due to it appearing after most men have reproduced multiple times, so it's not being selected against.
That is what's happening now, but you'd have to establish that most men were reproducing at a young age back then, and reproduction wasn't hi-jacked by a group of established older (bald) males.

It's all irrelevant though since the mother passes baldness as well.
>>
Until the last 200 years you died at thirty of infection, often from your teeth.
You were already married at 20 when you would go bald so it doesn't matter.
Baldness correlates with high test. So you have that trade-off.
Lastly, until the last 200 years for mate select, males did the choosing mostly and when they didn't a woman cared about your wealth / ability to feed her and her children WAY more than what you look like.
The ability to be fat and poor did not exist until the last 50 years.
>>
>>36253215

Same. Fair to middling shape. Never notice females looking. Shaved head. Now I catch girls looking.

Maybe they're just being like "ew gross look at that bald guy"
>>
>>36253108
Because humans would typically already have mated by the time it becomes relevant. Even now when we live a lot longer we can still procreate before hair loss
>>
>>36253580
>Maybe they're just being like "ew gross look at that bald guy"
With a confidence like that they probably are
>>
Maybe women don't care as much as we think.
>>
>>36253635
>be me
>walking to car to drive home, about 11:30PM
>drunk bitches approaching
>lead bitch 'You are bald as fuck!'
>mfw some skank took the time to rip into me for being a baldo
>>
>>36253108

The majority of humans for the greater part of the last 100,000 years probably all breeded before the age of 16..

Evolution is determined by who gets to breed... Now because most men dont go bald until into their 30's they would have passed on their DNA several times already..

Its a redundant trait, but its passed on regardless.. Even certain chimpanzees go bald at an older age, so the trait of balding had existed since before humans.
>>
>>36253533
>Baldness correlates with high test.
Any source for this? I had heard it wasn't obviously related to either high or low test. You need some or it won't happen (see castrati) but I didn't think there was evidence it was correlated with high levels especially, although I remember reading that how long the front lock of hair remains in place (like in jude law or jack nicholson's case) is correlated with higher test levels.
>>
>>36253775
there must be so many stories of encounters starting that way and ending in the sack, though.
>>
>>36253899
High test doesnt cause baldness, genetics do. But among those that genetically go bald, the amount of test does influence how fast that process goes.
>>
>>36253781
>The majority of humans for the greater part of the last 100,000 years probably all breeded before the age of 16..
I remember reading that the reason human longevity is so long (80+ years) is because men had children late in life for some period of human evolution.

>>36253781
>Even certain chimpanzees go bald at an older age, so the trait of balding had existed since before humans.
Chimpanzees having it means it's an older trait? I do remember reading that it can be "induced" in mice though (through switching on a gene or something, I think), which is strange.
>>
>>36253929
Is there a source for that? From what I've heard it's a combination of having some basic level of test, how much conversion (aromatisation?) of test into DHT you have and the genetics of sensitivity of the hair follicles to DHT.
>>
>>36253215
> this is what hairless freaks tell themselves to try to feel better

stop lying, my gf and her friends constantly make fun of people without hair

wear a fucking hat at least
paint your head
ANYTHING but going bald
>>
>>36254016
>women are horrible people

Stop the presses.
>>
>>36254146
> being a hairlet/baldlet
> also being a gay fag/ le redpill memer

as expected
>>
Baldness is a birth defect originated from the mother eating meat while pregnant.

Go vegan.
>>
>>36254016
>caring about what whores say
A shaved head is less disgraceful than trying to keep a half head of hair or desperately cover up
>>
>>36253533
You know how I know you're 15?
>>
>>36254375
Whatever helps you sleep at night baldy!
>>
>>36253986
If you are predesposed to baldness but have low test you will likely not go bald (depending on the sensitivity of your hair follicles)

Now if you were predisposed to hair loss but still had a full head of hair, then started injecting 1000mg of test a week I can garuntee that within a month you will start to notice some serious hairloss
>>
>>36253781
Also the first bald hominid was certainly a rapist and somehow alpha
>>
>>36254016
Oh boy you're in for so much fun further in your relationship if you are dating someone like that
>>
>>36256253
Lol probably one day. She's sweet as fuck to me right now, but i can picture that changing one day. I dunno
>>
File: heck.png (120KB, 397x327px) Image search: [Google]
heck.png
120KB, 397x327px
Hair is for women.
>>
>>36256436
> this is what hairlets tell themselves so they don't cry

No. Blonde hair is for women, maybe. Other than that, no. At least a buzz cut. Anything less and youre trash.
>>
>>36256494
Spotted the faggot
>>
>>36256494

Balding is almost exclusively male. Ergo a masuline trait. Ergo more manly. Would you argue being weak and thin is more "manly" as well you puss?
>>
>tfw 23 and have Jack Nicholson hair basically
>tfw I have a dent in my head and when I shave my head I look retarded and people speak slower to me
>>
>>36257022
>>36257006
> arguing with hairless losers

No
>>
>>36257100
Get an implant to fill out the dent
>>
>>36253108
>How did baldness ever become so widespread in the genepool?

Inbreeding on the European continent before the age of exploration.
>>
File: IMG_1388.jpg (29KB, 532x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1388.jpg
29KB, 532x540px
>>36253108
That's not how evolution works. If something isn't a big enough disadvantage to kill a species and it's otherwise fit for survival, it will thrive even with the defect.

Evolution is more like "Survival of the Fit Enough"
>>
I imagine it has something to do with most ancient men already having a couple children by the time their hair starts dying.
>>
I'm 24 and I've come to terms with the fact I'm balding (still on the stage where I'm the only one who notices it), there's really nothing I can do, and I don't want to be hooked on pills or whatever to keep half arsed hairs on my head so I just accept it.
On the bright side, I'm also aware of the fact I am not able to get any girls even with a head full of hair so that's a half consolation
>>
File: 1393057585599.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1393057585599.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>36253533
>The ability to be fat and poor did not exist until the last 50 years.
>>
>>36253108
dude you know losing hair on your head is a sign of high test levels right? Alpha males go bald, but stupid pricks leave the sides
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.