[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /fit/ feel about the reddit sentiment that a 6 day/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: rr2YrHl.jpg (4MB, 3000x4499px) Image search: [Google]
rr2YrHl.jpg
4MB, 3000x4499px
How does /fit/ feel about the reddit sentiment that a 6 day/week PPL can work well for beginners?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
>>
File: 1456500574839.jpg (134KB, 764x764px) Image search: [Google]
1456500574839.jpg
134KB, 764x764px
>reddit
>>
>>36178872
Why wouldn't it?

also

>Reddit
>>
That was a shit load of text, I take it he has a before and after pic somewhere not that i can find pictures on

>reddit
>>
I'm interested too
>>
>>36178872
i don't like these types of programs because i don't think separate leg days are necessary at all for beginners, especially when they look like this:

>LEGS
>2x5, 1x5+ squat
>3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift
>3x8-12 leg press
>3x8-12 leg curls
>5x8-12 calf raises

your legs don't need this much work and romanian deadlifts are dumb as fuck for a beginner who doesn't even know how to deadlift in the first place, especially when he's already doing deadlifts on another day. squats and deadlifts are just fucking fine for legs, there is absolutely no need for "accessory work" for legs at this point.

a regular push/pull split twice a week (4x/wk, for example mon/tues, rest, thurs/fri, rest, restart mon) with mobility work and some kind of interval training on rest days or on weekends would be a much better idea.
>>
>>36179202
I always hear this- four day/week push pull oriented routines with heavy compounds and accessories, but I have yet to actually find a reputable written routine that follows that forumla
>>
>>36179202

Mind giving an example?
>>
>>36179307
You haven't looked hard enough.
>>
>>36179357
Maybe you could help me out and provide me with a link
>>
>You will always start the day with a heavy barbell exercise, and this is what you need to progress linearly (if you remember from above, this means add weight every session)
Seems impossible
>>
>>36179307
>take PPL
>put leg exercises on Push day
>4x day/week program

also

>reddit
>>
>>36179202
A bit offtopic, but what would you consider to be the best routine for a beginner/intermediate lifter on juice? Would a higher-day-a week workout work better thanks to the increased work capacity? And yes, I know I am a lazy idiot who is trying to take the shortcut.
>>
>>36179425
Suck dick X F
>>
>>36179425
beginners shouldn't be on gear, you should be seriously lifting for 2+ years before you even think about going on that shit.
>>
>6day/week
>beginners

U wot?
>>
>>36179438
I know, already started so have to go through it anyways. I understand it's kind of a waste of money. I just need the best routine to do to not waste my money and time much more.
>>
>>36179307
>>36179318
>>36179390
i feel like there are so many programs like this out there, but i'll write up an example real quick:

push a:
squat
flat bench
db lateral raises
pressdowns
overhead extensions
dips/weighted dips

pull a:
deadlifts, low rep/max effort, 4-6
pull-ups/chins, bodyweight or weighted if you can
db row
chest supported row
db curls
hammer curls
reverse grip curls with ez curl bar

push b:
front squat
overhead press
same accessory work as push a

pull b:
deadlifts, higher rep, 10-12 (yes, you're deadlifting twice a week)
same acessory work as pull a

abs after every session. dynamic after pull, isometric (like plans, l sits, etc) after push. don't bother with crunches/sit-ups or whatever. example:

push:
side planks, normal planks

pull:
hanging leg raises

the good thing about these programs is that you can mix in whatever accessory work or rep ranges you want, it's hard to fuck up, just stick with it and try to make progress week to week or session to session on everything. i wrote this up in 5 mins so be kind.
>>
Seeing PPL pushed on newbies doesn't bother me. Just means less gains for them, more for me.

I ran SS for about a year and am by far the heaviest lifter at my work gym. Every once in a while I see a guy who I think might challenge me, but then you see they have some retard split and you know they'll only be adding like 5 lbs every 2 weeks. LMAO.

Face it most people will never make it.
>>
>>36179390
Candito's Upper Lower, look it up. It's a template, you can use it for powerlifting, bodybuilding and explosive power

Also
>reddit
>>
>>36179549
curious- why the deadlift twice a week? I've never seen a program put bench/overhead press/squat only once a week yet deadift twice
>>
File: 1424069132686.jpg (114KB, 609x607px) Image search: [Google]
1424069132686.jpg
114KB, 609x607px
>>36179555
>SS
>>
>>36179438
>beginners shouldn't be on gear,
retard detected.

beginning is the best time for steroid use as long as you remember to take your AIs because of "noob gains"
>>
>>36179637
it's just preference. you can do other shit, like power cleans, snatch grip deadlifts, romanian deadlifts (which i personally hate), clean pulls, or whatever you want, but for me personally i like doing higher rep sets of things like deadlifts and squats once a week or so.

i do have you squatting twice a week, but front squats instead on your second push day. i'd always recommend someone do front squats and back squats because while back squats are great, the isometric load on your upper back and core that front squats provides you with while you're forced to maintain an upright position so you don't dump the bar forward is unmatched by anything else you'll be doing in the gym.

i personally hate bench pressing too, but i know you guys love to bench so i put that in. for example in my own split i do overhead presses and klokov presses instead of any type of bench press.
>>
>>36179635
>Candito's Upper Lower, look it up. It's a template, you can use it for powerlifting, bodybuilding and explosive power

i looked this up and it looks okay.

the idea of using these kinds of programs for multiple things is great and is why i always recommend these kinds of splits to beginners and intermediate lifters. you really can do fucking anything--you can blast out heavy squats and deadlifts, and then come in a few days later and fuck around with cleans and snatches if you want. you can build a fuck ton of strength and a whole lot of explosive power at the same time. like olympic lifting? switch your focus over to that. like powerlifting? you can switch your focus over to that instead. like bodybuilding? you can do that too, or at the same time.

the important thing to remember is not to half-ass your accessory work. the accessory work is going to mainly fill in the bodybuilding/aesthetic aspect, including abs. yes, squats and deadlifts and other big lifts do help that, but you aren't gonna look as strong as you are til you're blasting out solid weight with accessory work week to week for a year or more.
>>
>>36178872
>people saying a shitty workout program works well
looks pretty much like /fit/
>>
I'm a beginner (two months) and I do 7 days PPLHIIT, not really progressing that much yet. Waiting for three months and then I'll see if I want to change it up.

I do 50 to 90 minute workouts, sometimes 2 a day. I do 3x10 or 5x10 sets on machines and free weights and I watch macros.

I've gained 7-10 pounds so far.
>>
The most important thing for a beginner is to get out and START LIFTING.
How they do it is absolutely irrelevant, as long as they are following a routine with a set progression, and if you're thinking to lift for improved health, there best be some heavy strength movements up in there to work your CNS and posterior chain so you have some strength to keep your frail body from buckling over.
Some of the questions people post here are ridiculous.
>waah I can't start lifting until I got my macros figured out
Nope, just lift
>how many calories do I burn lifting for 53 minutes a day in a gym with a temperature of 293.5°K I need to know to figure out my TDEE
Just lift
>I want to start lifting but I'm afraid SS will make me a T-Rex
Nobody grows 35'' quads overnight, just lift
>SS vs SL vs Bill Starr vs Greyskull vs Madcow vs ICF vs PPL vs split vs X vs Y vs ...
Just lift
>Should I do Smolov to kickstart my squats and maximise my noobgains
Just lift
>should I cut or bulk
You should lift

And so you lift and lift and lift until you hit a plateau, at which point you can start analysing things and consider changing your program or diet or whatever it is.

>>36179867
It probably works well for them because they went from doing nothing to doing something.
>10'' biceps > 9'' biceps
>1:00:00 5K > No 5K
>3 pounds of lean body mass a year > atrophy
>>
>>36179791
>you can do anything
That's a problem for beginners because they don't know what to do.
beginner templates should be short and to the point. The more room for variation and the beginner freezes with indecision.

Just look at all the posts you will randomly see where some DYEL won't even start lifting because they are scared of picking the "wrong" program.

The argument about what is the "best" beginner program is pretty moot because any program that adheres to the principles of linear progression will be fine for a DYEL. Make it easy for the newbs and just pick one for them so they don't get all super scared.
>>
>>36179674
no it isn't you retard, that's the quickest way to snap city.

>take roids as a beginner
>muscle and strength explode
>tendons can't catch up with muscle/strength gains
>snap your shit up one day
>lose all of your gains due to injury
>back to square one, now with low test
>>
>>36179933
>>snap your shit up one day
this is the crux of your argument and it doesn't happen nearly as often as you imply it does.
>>
>>36179555
SS seems like a lot of leg work
>>
File: CZlmmckXEAAb6vI.png (489KB, 410x599px) Image search: [Google]
CZlmmckXEAAb6vI.png
489KB, 410x599px
>>36179911
>>36179911
this is the correct attitude for beginners
>>
>>36179674
So could you recommend me a program? I got my AI and PCT on check.
>>
>>36180234
Do whatever the fuck beginning program you want. SS or any of the others posted in this thread. You will balloon in size very quickly. By the time your 3 week cycle is over you will have accomplished 3 months worth of unroided gains.
>>
>>36180087
spoken like a true DYEL.
>>
>>36178872
Id say to beginners just start eating protein everyday and do deadlifts exclusively
>>
im don a ppl routine. Ive been doing it for a few weeks now, im liking it. Not sure about a beginner doing it but whatever.
>>
>>36180326
Thank you. What do you mean by 3 week cycle? Did you mean when I'm 3 weeks in to the cycle?
>>
>>36180407
>What do you mean by 3 week cycle?
sorry meant 3 months.
>>
>>36180472
So you mean I will see no difference as to what I would have gained as a natural?
>>
>>36178872
Because it does. I got started on a 6day/week PPL a year ago and saw fantastic mass gains.
>>
File: fedoratip.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fedoratip.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>36178872
>reddit
>>
>>36180582
Lol. "Mass" gainz. Bet this clown can't even squat 2 pl8.
>>
File: giphy.gif (499KB, 245x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
499KB, 245x240px
>>36179555
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.