[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XTkMN rBusgQ What's /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (7KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 201x251px
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XTkMNrBusgQ
What's /fit/'s response? Is bulking a meme?
>>
savage
>>
>>36169301

I know he's a fitness dude but this is just so cringe to be shirtless with a sweatband in this type of classroom setting video.
>>
>>36169517
you jelly breh?
>>
>>36169301

Am I the only one who finds this guy cringe-wothy/beta as fuck?
>>
when it's ok to bulk:
>skeleton mode
>4+ years lifting and gains have greatly slowed down
>roiding

Can you build muscle while losing fat?
>Yes
How? Train hard 5-6x a week and eat a lot of CLEAN FOOD (plenty of veggies, only water to drink. No processed garbage)
>>
>I put tension on muh muscle!!!!
>Putting the Science Back into Fitness (TM)
>>
>>36169530

no? I just don't think he needs to be shirtless (with a sweatband) when he's just writing on a whiteboard.
>>
>>36169548

yeah, you can tell he's an ex-beta that has to try hard to seem alpha. seems like he's playing a role rather than acting naturally.
>>
>>36169548
probably, he has his own company, looks great, and gives scientifically backed advice for free while keeping the supplement shilling minimal
>>
>>36169612
>looks great

he's objectively ugly and like 5'8"

yes his body is nice, but that's not everything.
>>
>>36169578
So you're saying excess calories arn't needed for muscle growth?
>>
>>36169612
>gives scientifically backed advice for free while keeping the supplement shilling minimal
MUH SCIENCE BACK INTO FITNESS!!!!
>>
>>36169612
>scientifically backed advice

Looked like him writing whatever he wanted on a whiteboard to me.

You CAN gain lean mass while eating a deficit, but it is nowhere near as easy as he makes it seem.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/01/26/ajcn.115.119339

For those of you who have access to academic journals...
>>
>>36169677

>http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/02/03/a-diet-and-exercise-plan-to-lose-weight-and-gain-muscle/?_r=0

it's very possible, especially in the early stages, as long as you have a high protein diet.
>>
>>36169723
Doesn't seem that hard, just a lot of protein
>>
>>36169578
>buying into the clean/dirty food meme

kek, I bet you're someone that thinks carbs from french fries are worse than carbs from oatmeal
>>
>>36169762
not that guy, but i hope you're trolling nigger
>>
>>36169746
>Doesn't seem that hard
>seem

Didn't I just fucking get done saying that it's NOT as easy as he makes it SEEM, anon?

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>36169762
>carbs from french fries are worse than carbs from oatmeal

The carbs are identical, but carbs in the fries are accompanied by a ton of bullshit which isn't in oatmeal.
>>
>>36169828
What's difficult about it then? Honest question.
>>
>>36169517
so jelly
>>
Who cares what this beach bro fitness model dude says

i want to get freaky

thick. solid. tight.

this guy looks like the epitome of all show no go
>>
>>36169301
Would you really trust an anon's opinion over that of a physical therapist and trainer for professional athletes?
>>
>>36169880
The regimen they had these guys on was down to a T. The precision of their daily life while being a part of this study isn't practically repeatable in your everyday life.

Their deficit was very exact and calculated with every energy expenditure the subjects would undergo, like every single thing. You *could* do this in real life, but you'd have a very monotonous, boring life full of crunching numbers every few days.
>>
File: yep.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
yep.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>36169936
>this guy looks like the epitome of all show no go

Fucking THANK you.
>>
>>36169960
>>36169880

Direct quote from one of the scientists conducting the study:

"We designed this program for overweight young men, although I'm sure it would work for young women too, to get fitter, stronger, and to lose weight fast. It's a tough program and not something that's sustainable"

>Not something that's sustainable
>>
>>36170009

of course it's not sustainable. it included a big calorie restriction, and you can only lose so much weight.

a more mild version would be not restricting calories so much. boom, sustainable over a longer time and even easier to build muscle.
>>
>>36169936
>>36169969

I don't agree with him, but he has a video where he deadlifts 500 lbs for reps, beltless, at 160-170 bw
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.