[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fit, Having Mobility issues with my squat. Should I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: m21865-web1.jpg (132KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [Google]
m21865-web1.jpg
132KB, 1000x735px
Hey fit,

Having Mobility issues with my squat. Should I get weightlifting shoes?

They would be the most expensive shoes I ever bought
>>
Do it

Weightlifting shoes are a great investment for lifting
>>
>>36010109
nah
work on mobility
save yourself the 100 dollars
>>
>>36010109
they are good to have
but mostly you should be increasing your hamstring flexibility and strengthening your lower back
>>
>>36010109
>They would be the most expensive shoes I ever bought

aahahahhahahaha

AHHHHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>36010109
If you want. You should probably try to fix your mobility issues too though
>>
>>36010201
Topkek
>>
>>36010109
this >>36010142

>>36010183
wrong

>>36010186
wrong
>>
>>36010109
they helped me with stability, not mobility. still a good investment
>>
>>36010109
yea they help but dont expect something revolutionary. these are definitely not the ONE HIDDEN SECRET powerlifters dont want to disclose
>>
oly shoes make me feel like i'm gonna fall forward, fuck that

my ankle mobility is perfect though so i should have never bought them
>>
>>36010109
bought a pair of powerlift 2.0s. great investment, improved my balance and the hard insole feels great, versus the compression of a normal shoe.
>>
>>36010109
Yes, but don't stop working on your mobility.
>>
$100 on lifting shoes now can save you $10000 in medical/physio bills later.
>>
>>36010109
So is there a reason for that strap to be there?
>>
>>36010109

Get weightlifting shoes and a foam roller.

Weightlifting shoes are one of the best investments you can make it you plan to keep lifting.
>>
>>36011698
it helps the shoe feel snug over your mid foot. Like you know how if you tighten your laces, it feels snug at the point where you tie your laces? Now it feels like that over your whole foot
>>
I lift in a home gym bare foot. Am I somehow short changing myself by not wearing oly shoes?
>>
>>36011727
why the foam roller?
>>
>>36012265
For most people it allows them to back squat deeper
>>
I have shit tier mobility. Couldn't engage glutes in skwaats till I bought a pair of these fuckers. Take the dive, you won't go back. I bought them cuz Alan thrall said so
>>
File: IMG_1123.jpg (123KB, 1080x1072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1123.jpg
123KB, 1080x1072px
i got my powerlift 2.0 for $65 on amazon

>tfw amazon prime
>>
>Are you doing olympic weightlifting competitively or regularly
Yes get them, the sooner the better.

>Do you only do high bar squats
They will certainly help you feel more stable and provide a solid platform to drive off of, but you can get by without them if the price is too steep.

>Do you do low bar squats
No reason to buy them for low bar squats, they help some people and powerlifters use them sometimes in competition, but I question their biomechancel advantage in the low bar squat and you are better off in chucks or barefoot imo.

>Do you do bicep curls
Get out.
>>
>>36011544
What is Dorsi flexion
>>
relevant to this thread, i usually lift in flat sneakers like AF1s or converse. what do weightlifting shoes do that those shoes don't? if i'm just getting started lifting and edging myself in with 2pl8 deadlifts, am i right to assume i don't even need to worry about this shit yet?
>>
>>36013710
>No reason to buy them for low bar squats, they help some people and powerlifters use them sometimes in competition, but I question their biomechancel advantage in the low bar squat and you are better off in chucks or barefoot imo.

If you have shit dorsiflexion, they can really prevent excessive forward lean.

If you're not moving crazy weight, consider the Adidas powerlift 2.0's. They're cheap, well built, and a great stepping stone before dropping the big bucks on Adipowers.
>>
>>36013745

They aid the squat, olympic lifts, and to some degree the benchpress.

They hinder Deadlifts, OHP, Rows, and that ilk.
>>
File: arrnold_schwarzenegger_squats.jpg (86KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
arrnold_schwarzenegger_squats.jpg
86KB, 625x350px
>>36010109
Put a piece of wood on the floor. Step with your heels on it.

>"I will look dumb."

You already do. Fuck people's opinions.
>>
>>36013745
Weightlifting shoes with be detrimental to your deadlift. The raised heel gives you a bit of forward lean and makes your pull less efficient.

In the high bar squat, the raised heel of weightlifting shoes puts you in a more advantageous position for quad activation and removes some of the flexibility requirements of the ankle. The non compressible material of the heel ensures that you don't waste any energy in compressing the heel of your shoe during the upward drive.

I question their use in a low bar squat, but feel free to give it a try.
>>
>>36013773
or, you know, could buy weightlifting shoes
>>
>>36010109

Also this is a great resource the /owg/ lads pointed /plg/ to when we were looking for heeled shoe info: http://wlshoes.com/
>>
>>36013783
OP is clearly concerned about money.
>>
>>36013755
why do they hinder OHP? i would have thought they were indifferent, if not advantageous
>>
>>36013796

Being pitched forward and lifting a thing over your head doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Guess the oly lifts put it overhead so it's entirely possible I'm just being an idiot here.
>>
they certainly helped me a ton in terms of stability. I only high bar and I would recommend shoes
>>
>>36013816
True but the movement of the bar to the overhead position comes from the legs, not the shoulders, and the solid heel prevents your driving force from being wasted in the compression of the sole. Also wearing weightlifting shoes is like walking around with wooden platforms glued to your feet and it's all about stability in the classics.

I don't think they affect OHP too much at least not that I've noticed.
>>
I've noticed that I use to support more in one leg than another while squatting A2G.
>>
>>36013816
you're being an idiot. weightlifting shoes give you a very stable stance, I much prefer to OHP in mine than in my converses.
>>
work on mobility but also get the shoes.
>>
buy some flat wrestling shoes. I have some asics and they're fucking great for deadlifts and squats
>>
>>36013778
you can just wear deadlift slippers (which makes your deadlift easier) under your oly shoes and then switch them off if you're doing both of them on the same day. so i dont buy this argument at all.
>>
>>36013773
that shit hurts your feet. and if you have a job where you are on your feet this is only ideal for weekends. no one will care if you use something as elevation. but if you actually pull out a chunk of wood out of your bag then people will make fun of you.
>>
>>36013773
I've done this for a while. Works alright but not as good as shoes, they create a lot of stability as well
>>
Flatfooted here. Weightlifting shoes help keep me from pronating my feet which leads to valgus collapse. Still have to focus on it but not nearly as much.
>>
>>36012312
>>
>>36014680
just says it relieves DOMS, why do people foam roll before a workout then?
>>
>>36014943
READ THE ENTIRE FUCKING STICKY
>>
Worth the money. Makes ankle mobility far less of an issue, and more significantly provides a far more stable platform for your feet.
>>
>>36014986
go to sticky, Ctrl+f, typed foam roller, only says about relieving doms....
>>
>>36015106
Holy shit are you legitimately retarded? Go to the sticky, follow the links
>>
>>36010109
Just squat barefeet.

It's what I do.
>>
>>36015155
>been lifting at home gym for 3 months now
>never worn shoes
How fucked am I?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.