[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I lose weight or start lifting? I used to weight 110,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: fat (2).jpg (53KB, 610x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fat (2).jpg
53KB, 610x1000px
Should I lose weight or start lifting?
I used to weight 110, got to 85 and now I'm at 90. I'm 6'1, so it's kinda okay, but I never got rid of my fupa and man boobs. I was planning on losing another 10 or 15kgs before going to the gym, but, is it necessary? If I start lifting with a good diet, maybe taking 2500calories every day, would that help me to get rid my man boobs and all of that? Like since last week I'm now eating like between 1000 and 1500 and probably losing 300 with riding the bike every day, but idk. What would you recommend?

Pic related, not me, but I'm kinda like that, though a little bit more fat, bigger manboobs and belly
>>
>>35671591
>using both metric and imperial in the same sentence
>>
>>35671591
>lose weight
>or lift
Both faggot. You are like 25% BF. cut for 3-4 months
>>
>>35671650
yea well idk

>>35671660
Both, really? What diet should I do?
>>
5x5
x
>>
read the goddamn sticky
>>
>>35671685
yea I have, it doesn't say anything about this specifically
>>
>>35671591
1500 cals is to low to get any sort of gains from strength training.Find your maintenance calorie amount and eat around that point. Then start strength training, this way you are sill burning away the remaining body fat while defining muscle mass.
>>
>>35671817
okay, do between 1900 and 2100 should do it? Great. How much time should I spend in the gym?
>>
Bro your body is disgusting.

Read the sticky.
Eat a deficit in calories, do the main compound lifts.
Also, clean your fucking room. I would be embarrassed if I were you.
>>
>>35671591
>Should I lose weight or start lifting
yes
>>
>>35671883
Stick around like 1900 cal point. However much time you need to do a routine, between 4-7 exercises, that should take you no more than an hour and a half at most.

>>35671888
Fuck off you baby dick manlet.
>>
>>35671883
Read the sticky.

Get the Starting Strength book and read it. Or email me at [email protected] and I'll email you a copy.

Google: Multi-stage fitness test The multi-stage fitness test, also known as the bleep test, beep test, pacer test.

Do this from now: the bleep test in you room, just run from one end to another. This will burn fat. And do bodyweight squats. Do this now so in a week or so when you start SS or 5x5 you have already built momentum.
>>
>>35672008
Similar body to op, have read sticky.
Should I be eating a calorie deficit to lose this fat?
I also understand I should be doing weights but should I be doing cardio too to lose the skinny fat look? Can I lose it with the workout from weights?
>>
>>35671983

>muh height

I'm 6'0 and I think your body's shit too. Don't expect people to sugarcoat shit and don't accept mediocrity, faggot.
>>
>>35671888
Pic related, not me

>>35671983
Great. Do you think 3 times a week is okay? I'd like to go daily but I expect to be very fatigued the first couple of weeks

>>35672008
Check your inbox m8
>>
>>35672137
Also this, good questions. I know actually lifting is more effective than cardio, but if one's on a calorie deficit diet, does lifting amtter? at the end of the day, will I be making any gains?
>>
>>35672224
No one has a reason to not lift. Always lift, whether you're bulking or cutting or maintenance.
>>
>>35672137
>>35672137
It's difficult to answer those questions. Really it's better you just start somewhere and find out the answers as you go along.

Start with eating a bit less and doing some cardio. Any cardio is good. You can do squats without buying equipment, grap something heavy in your room/house and starting doing pic related NOW.

As you learn over the next few weeks, you'll start barbell and see the gainz.

In this order:
Eat less
Do cardio
Do squats
Go to gym or buy barbell and start a training program.
>>
>>35672207
If your going 3 times a week you probably want to stick to a push pull routine. Here is an example

PPL (x2)

PUSH (alternating)
5x5 flat BB press OR 5x5 OHP
3x12 incline chest flies
3x12 DB incline chest press
3x12 landmine press
3x12 Arnold press OR 3x12 side lateral raise
3x12 DB OHP
3x12 rear delt raise
3x12 tricep pushdown
3x12 triceps rope pulldown
3x12 kickback or skullcrusher

PULL
5x5 DL
3x12 BB rows
3x12 wide grip lat pulldown
3x12 underhand cable pulldown
3x12 seated cable rows
3x12 DB curls
3x12 narrow EZ bar curls
3x12 hammer curls (subset)

LEGS
5x5 squat
3x12 leg press
3x16 lunges
3x12 hamstring curl
3x12 leg extension
3x12 inner thigh machine (or whatever its called)
?xF calf raises
>>
>>35672564
WTF

He's going to die if he does that
>>
>>35672577
How? that's like basic shit. And I don't expect him to do everything. Those are just some examples of things he can be doing.
>>
>>35672564
You have way the fuck too much volume. A ppl should only have 6 exercises per day maximum. All 3x12? Are you going for muscular endurance? The setup of a ppl is to have a compound with a strength rep scheme, then an assistant compound with a strength rep scheme, then 2 more assistant compounds focused on a "middle ground" rep scheme, then 2 accessories focused on a hypertrophy based rep scheme.
>>
>>35672564
Isn't that a little too much?
>>
>>35672622
>>35672636
First off, hes looking to lose weight and gain muscle and he only has 3 days a week to workout. The 3x12 will help speed up the weight loss, and I don't expect him to do every exercise listed, He can pick and chose a couple of them from each section.
>>
>Eat at deficit of 500kcal work out TDEE (using senendary multiplier). No more no less. If at the end of the day you are more than 500 under fucking drink a glass of milk or something
>SS or SL starting with baby weight. Work on form but still add the recommended weight
>Light cardio on off days
>You will stall eventually so just keep deloading and work on perfecting form
>Take photos of self every mid week to track progress
>Keep doing this until you don't look like a fat piece of shit with clothes on. You wanna look decent with a standard shirt on. You wanna be able to look at yourself in the mirror and not be disgusted with yourself before you go out. You wanna be able to stand in line at the supermarket and not be the guy with fat love handles hanging over his jeans (although you may have handled with your shirt of it doesn't matter now)
>If you haven't reached this in 3 months, add more cardio. Make sure diet is 100% you need to count everything that goes in your mouth.
>If after 3 months you are happy with your fully clothed body, start eating at a 500-750kcal surplus.
>Your lifts will go up.
>Keep going until you can lift .65/1/1.5/2 (or whatever strength goal you have) - people will laugh but from browsing the CBT around here these numbers seem to create an OK body
>Eat at a deficit of 500kcal (Same deal as before) Heaps of protons.
>When you can look in the mirror with no clothes on have a respectable body or at a bf% you feel good with eat at a small deficit of say 250-350kcal.
>Keep lifting until you get to 1/2/3/4
>Mainting this diet for the rest of your life and stop living life like a fat piece of shit.
>>
>>35672793
I don't know why but I had the idea that having a deficit diet will never give you gains. So I should be around a deficit of 300 for the rest of my life, after getting to the point I'm okay with myself?
>>
>>35672564
Thanks, this helps a lot. Can I just pick the ones I like best? I don't know anything about muscles and I fear I will choose the wrong excercises or that i will leave some muscles untrained
>>
>>35672957
So to start go with something like this for the first week.

PUSH (alternating)
5x5 flat BB press
3x12 incline chest flies
3x12 rear delt raise
3x12 triceps rope pulldown
3x12 kickback or skullcrusher
3x12 Dips

PULL
5x5 Dead Lift
3x12 Bar Bell rows
3x12 wide grip lat pulldown
3x12 seated cable rows
3x12 Dumbbell curls
3x12 Close grip EZ bar curls

LEGS
5x5 Squats
3x12 leg press
3x12 hamstring curl
3x12 leg extension
3x12 calf raises

Then alternate some of the other exercises in.
>>
>>35673080
This is nice
>>
not op but is it better to have axbxc or axb for beginners? obviously c would be leg day split between a and b
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.