[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever lifted on psychedelics before? I'm a fairly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: dawkins_speaking_the_truth_1.jpg (101KB, 1102x735px) Image search: [Google]
dawkins_speaking_the_truth_1.jpg
101KB, 1102x735px
Has anyone ever lifted on psychedelics before? I'm a fairly avid psychonaut and plan on lifting 3 hours after dosing 100ug LSD. Thoughts?

I will be documenting my experience on erowid.
>>
do you even flow state

I'm guessing you'd be more into the almost meditative repetition more so than the "no pain no gain" mindset.

you also might feel like your body is an insect or muscles you never knew existed
>>
>>35507417

Drugs are for losers.
>>
>>35507417
Youre gonna get squished and everyone will think you are bat shit crazy

youre gonna dump plates. Period
>>
>>35507526

>I'm a close minded, easily indoctrinated piece of shit

>>35507547

On 300ug, sure. But 100ug? I've tripped on 100 a million times before. Nobody will know I'm high and it could be an enlightening experience. Obviously I will start with low weights though.
>>
File: 1431635862105.jpg (129KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1431635862105.jpg
129KB, 640x640px
>>35507417
>I'm a fairly avid psychonaut
>>
File: rawr.jpg (30KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
rawr.jpg
30KB, 480x478px
>>35507621

Pic related, it's you
>>
>>35507417
Degenerate get off my board
>>
File: fff.jpg (44KB, 317x379px) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
44KB, 317x379px
>>35507634
Then she spits it into the sink because she has nno respect for you
>>
>>35507639

I guess Kary Mullis was also a degenerate for using LSD to invent polymerase chain reactions? After all, that contributed nothing to biology and medicine...
>>
>>35507417
>psychonaut
When I was a kid I used to wonder what things it would be like doing things while drunk/high and then I would do those things drunk/high. Is this what you do?
>>
>>35507676
it's just a pretentious fedora way of saying 'i like taking drugs' t b h
>>
I think the problem here is that people don't realize different "reactions" occur with different people. with different substances.

for example, a shut-in introvert given alcohol will not "miraculously" become charismatic.

an athlete who tries weed will not "suddenly become a couch potato"

likewise, those who don't appreciate the "power" of certain "chemical agents" that can alter consciousness I don't consider having a very "wide" view of consciousness itself. LSD and other such substances give you a taste of a level of awareness not previously known.

remember that "mind altering agents" were the "norm" in ancient cultures and it was the europeans, whose worldview dominates modern society, whose "protestant work ethic" surely influences your effortless condemnation of something I feel has potential for reason of its profound changes to the brain and the brain's conception of reality
>>
>>35507417
Yes.
A /fit/zen was arrested because he had preworkout as well as the lsd, and he hallucinated an entire other life.
>>
>>35507688

Sure, if that's how you want to put it. My major is neurochemistry and I like using psychedelics to venture into my mind and better understand certain mental processes. So yes, I like doing drugs, and that is why I call myself a psychonaut.
>>
>>35507722

That was datura. I can't see that ever happening on LSD
>>
>>35507731
Is that you sam harris
>>
>>35507597
>I'm a close minded, easily indoctrinated piece of shit
no. we took drugs when we were teenagers too. they really are for losers
>>
>>35507672
>cherrypicking this hard
>>
>>35507734
Nah, that was a different guy I think, I'm talking about the dude that ran 3km and tried benching his towel, thinking it was 3 plate
>>
>>35507745
widen your definition, a drug changes the body's chemistry. some more extremely than others. however, fries from mcdonalds could be considered a drug seeing as they cause a "crash" eventually. soda is a drug, if it has the slightest effect on the brain, its a drug
>>
>>35507731
it's a pretentious word. you are a pretentious faggot for using it.
>>
>>35507754
>LSD and soda are the same thing
this is your brain on drugs kids
>>
Enjoy your trip to Snap City. Just remember: some people never come back.
>>
>>35507764

Don't see how that makes me pretentious. I explore my mind and think psychonaut is a neat word that describes what I do. If it bothers you so much I think you need to get checked for autism
>>
>>35507773
my point is that to use the word "drugs" is to not understand what it means if you condemn "all of them", there are plenty approved for "medicinal" reasons
>>
>>35507688
I agree. I'm a longtime drug user myself and I still think people who call themselves "psychonauts" and go on about opening their mind and expanding their consciousness on drugs are fucking losers. Drugs aren't cool, they won't enlighten you, 90% of LSD you buy on the streets isn't even LSD and you're just fucking up your brain. I still do it because feelsgoodman but seriously, why even pretend you're some kind of intellectual for using illegal substances?
>>
>>35507786
sure i'm not codemning "all of them", but you know i'm not fucking talking about soda pop when i say "drugs are for losers". don't be dense
>>
>>35507754
>if it has the slightest effect on the brain it is a drug
>seeing is a drug
>thinking is a drug
>sleeping is a drug
>sex is a drug
>food is drug

Just because something can cause a dependency does not make it a drug.

You need to ingest some fatty foods. You don't need to ingest any LSD.
>>
>>35507794
because you're experimenting. exploring, tinkering with the "tool" that has been with you since birth

who wouldn't want to "hack" their brain to do more of what they wished?
>>
>>35507745

Enjoy being generally unhappy in life. Lots of great people have done LSD. Kary Mullis, as I have mentioned earlier, and Steve Jobs have both dropped acid.

>>35507752

The fact is that we don't understand consciousness very well yet. LSD is a chemical that alters consciousness through a mechanism we only partially understand. This alteration of consciousness can change thought patterns for better or worse. This is why it's ridiculous to call it degenerate - I don't think it's inherently good or bad, just different. And that difference allowed people like Mullis to make great discoveries.
>>
>>35507804
injecting heroin and killing yourself is for losers.

but its never that simple, the straight and narrow is not for everyone, and its never been

>>35507807
LSD has been used in Silicon Valley as an aid to creativity. To settle for the "survival" mode is to remain an animal. Why do you think our brains have developed so far? To keep eating fatty foods? or to go even further?
>>
>>35507822
>Enjoy being generally unhappy in life. Lots of great people have done LSD. Kary Mullis, as I have mentioned earlier, and Steve Jobs have both dropped acid.
>implying you need to do LSD to be happy
>>
>>35507753
Yes, that was the datura guy. Datura is a delieriant, not a psychedelic. Whole story was most likely fake anyway.
>>
>>35507794

Any psych, even the nbomes, will put you in a different headspace. That is what is meant by expanding the consciousness. After dropping, you're now familiar with your regular consciousness and the altered one.

Just because drugs haven't enlightened you doesn't mean they won't enlighten other people. Everyone has different brain chemistry and MDMA/LSD used to be used to treat depression. They are powerful chemicals that can change the way you think which can have a lot of good and bad effects.

The fact is, you can discover a lot with psychedelic usage about yourself and the world around you. That's why I don't see a problem with the term psychonaut. You are exploring your psyche.
>>
>>35507811
Except drug users don't do that. I don't know anyone personally who has dropped LSD more than 5 times max in their life and isn't a fuckup.
>>
>>35507832

That isn't what I was implying. I was implying that your closed mindset and dismissing it as for losers makes me think you're just generally unhappy in life. But hey maybe I'm wrong
>>
>>35507848
Maybe that kind of decision is more likely for people who are already inherently fucked up to take upon themseslves.
>>
>>35507672
Kary Mullins is a retard who denies the existence of AIDS

Nothing wrong with LSD, I've had it plenty of times. The problem is retards like you who think it's anything more than a drug to get high off of.
>>
>>35507914

The problem is retards like you who can't acknowledge that anything that significantly changes your consciousness can have positive effects and be explored.
>>
>>35507417
op you're like far out man. i'm like wooaahh.
>>
Why the fuck post this on /fit/? Fuck off!
>>
>>35507931
Positive effects like cannibalizing other people and murdering them because you had a bad trip and can't differentiate between reality and your stupid fucking high?

You're a god damn waste, just off yourself and do the world a favor before the intense activity makes you dehydrate and your brain start frying. You'd be doing everyone a favor over risking everyone's lives around you because you wanted to be a pretentious edgelord fuckhead and go out into public tripping your balls off.
>>
>>35507831
You are unironically equating taking brain dead drugs to the advent of eating meat, allowing for increased brain development in early man.

I hope some day you realise how stupid you are today.
>>
>>35507417
Seems dangerous. Keep us posted.
>>
>>35507719
I know you are a faggot because you are using so many quotation marks for no reason
>>
>>35507417
Every time I do LSD I get that jelly spine feeling/walking on marshmallows

>not a fuck could I deadlift with that feeling
>>
>>35507786
What do you think quotation marks do you fucking dummy?
>>
>>35507831
>not for everyone
No, just for productive members of society
>>
>>35507417
Lifting might not be the best idea, could lose focus on form and fuck something up

Yoga is very nice when high as fuck and swimming is awesome as well (I have once felt like a proud Dolphin who was protecting all the other people in the pool. I was the silent undercover lifeguard, ready to help whoever needed my help)
>>
File: 1446502608346.jpg (60KB, 609x607px) Image search: [Google]
1446502608346.jpg
60KB, 609x607px
>>35507417

The workout is gonna be shit, you will be staring at nowhere for the most part, you won't be able to do any real lift that doesn't involve a machine, and you will basically accomplish nothing when it comes to training.

Have fun looking like a retard in the gym I guess.
>>
>>35507417
You're the grown up version of that annoying friend everyone had as a teenager:
"Hey man, have you ever tried [activity] on weed? It will blow your mind bro."
My thoughts are that you are a faggot and I hope you herniate a disc.
>>
>>35507621
Kek
>>
>>35507831
I'm not taking a positive or negative stance toward drugs, or even denying that they are evolutionarily novel (or however that idea should be phrased).

I am just pointing out that the semantic case for calling anything that alters your mind a drug is weak, as it draws a false equivalence.

I think your point about it driving creativity is unfounded. Novel experience is an element in creativity, and taking a drug is one of many novel experiences. This does not constitute a defense of drug use. Note that the vast majority of the most creative minds on the planet do not taking any substance beyond caffeine (e.g. Terry Tao). For every creative genius you give me that drank heavily, smoked marijuana, dropped acid, took amphetamines, etc. etc. I can likely give you 10 that did not use any such substance.

I say this having done LSD, and do not deny that there is value to that sort of experience for some. I just do not think it is honest to put it on some pedestal of mind expansionist and psychonautic tripe.
>>
>>35507794
Same as this anon, used to be into psychedelics, hate pretentious hippy bullshit like "psychonaut".

I would not reccomend lifting on LSD. Maybe something like psilocybin as it's going to just change perception, but LSD in an environment that encourages aggressive training, is surrounded by mirrors, loud, and involving heavy equipment, you're asking for a bad trip.

Enjoy believing you are Jane Goodall, throwing a dumbbell at the first "gorilla" who asks if you're okay, then busting your face open trying to run into a solid reflective glass wall to escape.
>>
this thread went well OP, good job. probably best for everyone if you just kill yourself t b h
>>
>>35507931
Why aren't you an alcoholic smoker then lad? It falls under the same thing as "changing consciousness to explore"

It's alright though, psychedelic kiddos like you always grow out of it in 10 years and become heavy drinkers and worthless bums to society.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.