[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHy can't I eat 200g of protein a day, just in case I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: maria.jpg (26KB, 350x485px) Image search: [Google]
maria.jpg
26KB, 350x485px
WHy can't I eat 200g of protein a day, just in case I need more than I'm getting? What happens to the extra protein?
>>
>>35491585
You can if you drink plenty of water, the extra protein would just be turned into energy the same way fats/carbs would I assume.
>>
>>35491585
You need decent fats and carbs for health and energy respectively, on top of protein for muscle, specially when you're taxing your body with gym (I'm assuming on top of a proper lifestyle)

Eating nothing but protein will kill your mood, energy, health and leave you ridiculously constipated.
>>
extra protein turns into fat bro, but also if ur taking it in powder then its shitty for ur liver
slow and steady wins the race dude, stick to the research and just take it easy
>>
>>35491585
Turns to glycogen and eventually into fat.
>>
>>35491629
>>35491617
I wasn't planning on a PSMF or anything. i eat a standrad, /fit/minded diet. Perhaps a more precise question would be does the excess protein turn into fat, and if so, how in the hell is that possible?
>>
>>35491585
Bruh I eat 350g a day. Stop being a pussy and JUST DO IT. You really have nothing to lose by trying it. It's had a noticeable effect for me, it could for you too
>>
>>35491655
>does the excess protein turn into fat
yes
>and if so, how in the hell is that possible?
Because protein has energy in it, and the human body turns energy it doesn't use into fat as storage
>>
>>35491636
I read a study somewhere that had subjects eat the same calorie surplus in either protein, fat, or carbs, and the protein group didn't gain appreciable fat. Still trying to find it...
>>
>>35491585
Pretty sure you just shit out any you don't use. Most Americans eat like 5x the protein they need with all those burgers and lack of exercise.
>>
Excess protein is broken down and excreted via the urea cycle. The body does not have a way to store surplus protein (like glycogen for carbs and adipose tissue for fats), so the protein that is not used is broken down. Basically, you piss it out.
>>
>>35491671
Post pic with timestamp of your body
>>
>>35491585

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JE-wdA3PHw
>>
>>35494886
They say Americans have the most valuable piss on the planet due to all the wasted protein from burgers and excess vitamins in products that want a "packed with vitamins!" sticker.
>>
might become gout.
>>
>>35491617
I learned in a physiology class that using protein for energy only happens during starvation because it releases a toxic byproduct/s
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.