[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHO HERE //IF// Anyone else intermittent fasting atm for their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

File: 1449366448529.jpg (39KB, 809x529px) Image search: [Google]
1449366448529.jpg
39KB, 809x529px
WHO HERE //IF//

Anyone else intermittent fasting atm for their cut?

How's it working out for you?
>>
I've heard it can fuck your gains up and doesn't melt fat effectively
>>
>>35482276
Nigga it's legit the opposite

If you overdo it you'll lose strength but it's GOAT for fat loss
>>
>>35482281
Sounds like broscience
>>
File: 1432025089633.png (1MB, 757x712px) Image search: [Google]
1432025089633.png
1MB, 757x712px
>tfw fasting since june
>tfw lost 15 kg
>tfw currently bulking on IF
>>
>>35482295
what bf you get down to man?

congrats
>>
>>35482287
in what way is it broscience
>>
>>35482295
10-12%
>>
>>35482323
Nice work braj
>>
I feel like this is real way to eat. Like i've been just eating wrong my whole life. Been on IF for 4 months now. 18/6
>>
Current IFer here, how long does it take to not be hungry during the hours of starving? I've been on it for a week now but still am hungry during that time.

Does it get any better?
>>
Just started. Day 2 now. Feels fine to be honest.. I work from home and sleep until 10 am anyway so the fasting hours aren't that bad at all.
>>
Its honestly the only option if you're trying to cut down. Its simple, easy and effective.
>>
guys im doing if daily 16 hours but i cant do the workout while in fasted state, am i losing much?
>>
>>35482496
no.

I work out at the end of my day and i break fast 2-3 hours before workout.

You do not need to train fasted.
>>
diet coke is keeping me sane during the fasting hours.. what's your opinion on leangains type of cut? less calories and carbs on rest days and more on training days?
>>
>>35482517
thank god, still i can go 20 hours so i do it while fasted, is it worth it?
>>
>>35482556
HGH gains stop after 16-17 hours so just make sure you are fasting for longer than that. some people don't fast within 24 hours so they eat at different times every time they eat, but that allows them to eat like 4000kcals every 36 hours or w/e the T(D?)EE is after the math.
>>
>>35482578
>longer

Meant "at least"
>>
>>35482578
can you tell us more about HGH gains? can HGH un-manlet me?
>>
I'm doing 20-24 hours on any given day and a deficit at like 1800-2000

i'm 6'1 and around 200 pounds

shit works great

(coke zero and pepsi max are godsends)
>>
IF cutting master race reporting in, lost weight for 2 months now

>>35482599
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/?page=1
>>
>>35482599
it's extremely minor increase, i do it because it's convenient.

I actually run an EC stack during my fasting window as well 25mg Ephedrine twice and 300mg caffeine from coffee.
>>
anyone got any before and afters they'd want to share? considering doing it
>>
I fast by nature from 11pm - 6pm the following day with a coffee in between.

Incorporated 36 - 48 hour fasts during the Christmas period because I've been cutting and knew I would go overboard. Was easier than I thought. Might do it more often until I hit my bf% aims but it makes workouts arduous as fuck.
>>
>>35482627
aren't those bad for you?
>>
>>35482728
no, mom
>>
>>35482676
yeah i'm the same for some reason fasting doesnt worry me very much

great for fat loss but basically no discomfort in doing it
>>
File: 5'9 135lbs.jpg (2MB, 1445x2442px) Image search: [Google]
5'9 135lbs.jpg
2MB, 1445x2442px
>>35482653
i dont have a before pic but i had a belly
>>
>>35482856
damn nigga how long this take

lookin good
>>
What's the best way to cut? College wrestler here.
>>
>>35482909
Legit intermittent fasting + calorie deficit

do that for like a month and you'll see some pretty evident results
>>
How exactly do you do it? Simply not eating for a few hours each day?
>>
>>35482940
i do around 20 hours fast

You have a window for getting in your daily calories which should be around 4ish hours

All the food is digested within 3-5 hours meaning that any additional energy required your body has to come from your fat storages

So you're not under-eating (though a caloric deficit is good) but your body isn't constantly using distributed food for energy and is required to use its storage, thereby stripping weight quicker than a spread out six meal 'eat clean' diet
>>
>>35482956
Can't eat/drink anything above like 30 calories at any point (basically tea, black coffee, diet soda) but you got to just rail through water because the hydration helps in the fat loss process
>>
>eat b/w 12-8pm
>drink diet coke, coffee other 16 hours

only tough thing for me is not eating after 8pm because i used to love watching late night TV while binging on snacks
>>
Pepsi light is good right? It has 5 calories
>>
i started doing leangains out of convinience, i hate preparing multiple times a day and eating small portions. i fast for about 18 hours during which time i drink coffee, green tea, and sparkling water. afterwards i drink a protien shake and work out. post workout i have a huge meal that most of the time is my only meal of the day. meat, rice, veggies, dessert. its massive.
ever since i started doing it im effortlessly shedding fat without doing any calorie/macro maniuplation. im down to 77.8 kg as of today, from 84-85 kg about 1.5 month ago and i never even intended to lose fat in winter. all my lifts are progressing, my weighted chinups skyrocketed for obvious reason. i dont know how but it works

this is legit
>>
>>35483000
Yeah sounds fine

I do Pepsi max or coke zero
>>
>>35482464
Drink water. Lots of it. Helps me a ton.
>>
>>35482865
3 months or less
>>
I've been trying to get it right for a about a week or two now. I just can't get over the hunger pangs in the morning, sometimes if I'm productive enough at work I can get over it, but my training time is a bit late in the day to be effective, so I think I need to end my fed state earlier.

Today:

>rise 0515
>brush teeth
>7.5mg Yohembine HCl, 1200mg O3, Multi, 2 500mg L-Argenine caps, 2 200mg caffeine tabs
>4 egg whites
>dress and commute

Attempting to make my fed window 1-9, any tips on how to get over the morning pangs other than slugging water? The caffeine is new, so I'm hoping that aids in the appetite suppression because I could slap a 6 egg omelet right now and 1/2 cup of oats like it was nothing.
>>
>>35482287
Your loss nigga
>>
>>35483188
diet soda m8
>>
Yeah, I've been doing it for a while. I have no idea why, but it feels really good. I get up early without alarm, even though it's winter and still dark as shit outside. I feel sharper during the day and get shit done immediately and don't need time to get going. I did keto for a while and it felt similar, but lifting was a chore and over time you got to hate dairy products.

I didn't think I would enjoy IF this much, I will probably keep this up even when bulking.
>>
>>35483036
pretty legit m8, mirin' that weight loss, do you know how much of a deficit you're having?

>>35483254
i'm afraid i'll find it hard to bulk while doing IF just because you have to chug so much food in the 8 hour window. right now i'm cutting and i'm stuffed all the time practically
>>
>>35483280
haven't been lifting long, I presume?
>>
Eat at 12pm and then at 8pm. II have no prob not eating breakfast, sometime I get hungry but only for 10 mins.
>>
>>35483340
not at all actually, i'll start in 2 weeks once i'm back at my hometown. been using IF just to cut before doing SS.
>>
>>35483399
trust me you can bulk just fine with IF if you do it right
>>
Man, is this stuff really worth doing?

Normally go to the gym at like 11pm, way after i finish eating since it's crowded as hell and it's the only time I can do a workout without spending half my time waiting for equipment

Might have to find a new gym and change up my schedule if this really works for gains/fat loss though
>>
>>35482578
so that means that if i fast longer than 17h i wont get the hgh gains?
>>
ive been doing it for a while, ate 3200 calories between 9.30 til 5.30, put on good size without putting on much fat.
Now im cutting down at 2150 on workout days and 1800 on non workout days 9.30 til 5.30
>>
>>35483688
not true
>>
I felt weak when working out while fasting though it might just be that i didnt work out a lot over the holidays. Should i eat breakfast and skip lunch? So fasting from 9 to 4pm?
>>
eating every other day.
works
>>
>>35484352
Also because of my school schedule sometimes i can qork out at 9 am sometimes i can work out at noon. Should i just keep the same schedule?
>>
>>35482067
your father never had the makings of a varsity athlete
>>
>>35484576
AND YOUR UNCLE HAD LAZER BEAMS SHOOTIN OUT OF YOUR EYES
>>
File: TonySoprano.jpg (166KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
TonySoprano.jpg
166KB, 1024x576px
>>35484611
>>
My bcaa powder has 20 calories in it, can I still use it during my fasted workout?
>>
>>35482464
Started this week.
took me a day to stop feeling shit in the morning and had my first morning cardio session without any problem.

Started IF because I realised that when I was at my healthiest, I was basically doing IF without even thinking about it.
Feels natural, brah.
>>
Feels like 2011 in here.
>>
>>35484669
Nice. I'm starting tomorrow. Need to drop 20 lbs before spring break.
>>
>>35484628
**HIS EYES

FUCK

i've been disloyle
>>
>>35484675
why's that mane
>>
What's the sitch with this and keto?

is keto worth doing?
>>
>>35485546
You're keto adapted when you're fasting so it's not worth the keto actually.
>>
>>35485695
huh fair enough
>>
>>35482627
i'm basically this guy

186cm and around 94kg

is 1800 a big enough deficit?

pls help
>>
>>35482856
woaa dude awesome
>>
>>35482963
same here nigger... i struggle with the late night snacks
>>
>>35484352
You get used to it. Been doing IF 16/8. I wake up at 5 am to lift, drink a ton of water/black coffee until 12 when I have a pretty big lunch then a lighter dinner. Water when lifting fasted is key
>>
>>35485781
I F
F
>>
Cut for what? You cut when you have competitions. You don't cut just to cut, that's stupid and counter productive to just being healthy at all times.
>>
>>35486168
Grab some side fat and post it bro
>>
>>35482856
jesus christ that pic makes you look like you giant pecs and that pecs are literally the only thing you've every trained

le pec man
>>
Working great. Fucking love IF. Doing yohimbine hcl in the mornings with some light long distance cardio. Eating lots of protein at dinner with massive chicken breasts and beans.

Who said cutting had to be hard?
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.