[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/, could you explain me the difference between 3x10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1450879982126.jpg (99KB, 496x579px) Image search: [Google]
1450879982126.jpg
99KB, 496x579px
/fit/, could you explain me the difference between 3x10 and 5x5. Is there 4x8?
>>
File: UrF1U.png (3KB, 710x266px) Image search: [Google]
UrF1U.png
3KB, 710x266px
>>35470033
>>
>>35470033
3x10 = 10 repetitions x 3 sets
5x5 = 5 repetitions x 5 sets

there you go op
>>
anyone have that graph that shows 7 - 9 reps = no gains
>>
File: 1431399179867.jpg (49KB, 803x430px) Image search: [Google]
1431399179867.jpg
49KB, 803x430px
>>35470033

This too.
>>
>>35470036
>>35470046

Effectively, more volume results in more hypertrophy, more weight results in more strength. Do high weight, high volume for the best results.
>>
>>35470054
just fuck my ass up senpai
>>
>>35470057
does senpai get changed to senpai?
>>
>>35470033
3x10 is associated with hypetrophy and 5x5 is associated with strength respectively you can still gain strength with 3x10 and still gain muscle with 5x5. However, it comes down to your total volume (sets x reps x weights). It's best to cycle those rep ranges when you're an advance/elite lifter. Nowadays with DUP and block training going on; many of them try to build a bigger muscle as that would give a bigger base and will have a chance for it to become a stronger muscle.

I've seen one training cycle like this before...

Monday
Squats (Power) 8x3
Bench (Hypertrophy) 3x8
Deadlift (Strength) 5x2

Wednesday
Squat (Strength) 5x2
Bench (Power) 8x3
Deadlift (Hypertrophy) 3x8

Friday
Squat (Hypertrophy) 3x8
Bench (Strength) 5x2
Deadlift (Power) 8x3

With hypertrophy try to make rep PR's; 3x8 one week... 3x9 next week, once you get up to 12; add one more set with try to push a little heavier. With strength purposely start training with 75% and try to add 5lb each week and be mindful of RPE training; if its too heavy and taxing cutback... With Power training keep it the same.

Then I'd run 4x3 and 2x3 for a peaking cycle alongside with a deload week.

it's all good.
Yes, there's 4x8; it's more on the hypetrophic side. 3 to 4 sets of 12 is good to train with.
>>
>>35470057

High volume as in high sets, like 85% 1RM for 3x5 then 80% for 2x7-8
>>
People here are forgeting the relation between hypertrophie and muscle function development.

Hypertrophie is nothing more than a tissue getting bigger, in this case the muscle adapting from stress in different ways. Bodybuilding training, strength sports training, endurance training, all these kinds of training will lead to diferent kinds of hypertrophie/adapting. Your muscles will grow if you stress they, no matter what, so the real question is how will they grow and from wich kind of stimmulus.

It is much more than rep x set schemes. You people talk about it as if you train for powerlifting/oly lifting you muscles won't grow, only with high volume. It's not true, it just happens another way. Even with bodybuilding there are important stuff that are never mentioned here, like time under tension, squizing the muscle with some exercises, frequency, diet, total volume, rest/damaging the muscle, etc. With the whole spectrum these rep schemes can be not so important as it seems.
>>
>>35470033
No difference between 5x5 and 3x10 for hypertrophy, but 5x5 is better for strength and also takes longer.
>>
>>35470033
3x10 = 30
5×5 = 25
30-25 = 5
The difference is 5.

Yes there is 4x8
4x8 = 32
It's 32.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.