[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/plg/ powerlifting general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 44

File: 1424056342119.jpg (65KB, 813x960px) Image search: [Google]
1424056342119.jpg
65KB, 813x960px
Welcome to /plg/ - Powerlifting General!

This thread is for discussing all things related to powerlifting, such as lift footage, meet reports, training protocol, recovery methods, form checks

Dont post the website or the thread will get deleted edition
>>
I just made a bench PR and got the first post

what a day
>>
>>35464960
congrats lad, I got a squat PR, hopefully there'll be some bench PR's next week
>>
Sup m8s

Just made a new deadlift PR, wiped the malware from topkeks website off my computer and bought new wrist wraps

was a good day
>>
Didn't get any PRs, but I did hit a 95% single fairly easily while fatigued (probably could've doubled it without quite being a max, doubt I could've gotten three). I'm thinking that makes my actual max somewhere around 105% of the old one.
>>
I didn't get Toy Story for Christmas or my birthday, friends. Gonna have to buy it myself, but I will get it (and make that webm).
On topic:
What are your favorite variations for the main lifts? I'm interested in trying some new things. Currently doing front squats, high bar, incline bench, spoto press, double-pause deadlifts, and deficit deadlifts.
>>
Lads, I presume hook grip is something you have to train to get better on, pain aside. Today I did my 2x8 DL work with HG - it felt nice, painful on my thumbs, but that's to be expected, right?-, and then did some static holds as assistance. First I did them with mixed grip and then with hook grip. With the latter I could barely hold 50kg less than what I could with mixed (which, frankly, is just about what I can simple double overhand). I mean, I AM a 5'7 manlet with small hands, but there are people even smaller than me out there who can do it no problem.

Question is, what the hell? I wouldn't expect to be able to hook grip what I can mix grip right away, but this much less is weird. It's not even that it was painful, that I can handle, it's just the the bar was slipping/rolling away.
>>
>>35465295

You probably didn't quite have the grip cinched in properly. Part of the reason hook tends to hurt so much is you've got to get the thumb dug well in under your fingers and squeeze like a motherfucker. Its not a passive grip the way mixed is.
>>
>>35465319
Yeah, that sounds like a decent explanation. Is there a decent video explaining how to hook grip?
>>
>>35465289
Paused squats, slingamajig and spoto presses, block pulls. I chose them for reasons though, this isn't a blanket recommendation.
>>
>>35465289

I'm a big fan of snatch-grip deadlifts, box squats (using your normal stance, not geared style) and floor presses. Also Z presses, but that's not really for powerlifting.
>>
>>35465289
Paused squats, paused/deficit deadlifts, RDLs/SLDLs, CGBP, feet up bench (either feet on the bench or legs straight).
Thinking of trying DB bench for some time, don't really like DB incline (which I have been doing now).
>>
Can a conventional puller even benefit from block pulls?
>>
>>35465395
Yes.
>>
>>35465395
I'd say even more than a sumo lifter, conventional's sticking point generally being lockout and whatnot.
>>
Requesting that pic that shows training with increased ROM led to more gains than training with less ROM. Please. I think Avon posted it once a month or two back.
>>
>>35465415

A lot of sticking points above the knee on conventional are actually caused by a weakness off the floor.
>>
File: Dan_Green_220_--_Squats_859x1.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Dan_Green_220_--_Squats_859x1.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>35464781
>>
>>35465443
>get stronger out of the hole/floor/chest to make your lockout strong

Can we just stop this meme?
>>
>>35465357
>I chose them for reasons though, this isn't a blanket recommendation.
Right, of course.
What's a slingamajig?
How high do you have the bar when doing block pulls?
>>35465379
>Also Z presses, but that's not really for powerlifting.
I also do those, as a variation for push press. I like them, too.
What are snatch-grip deadlifts for?
>>35465380
Been thinking about trying feet-up bench as a chest exercise, since I'm apparently too retarded to do isolations properly (always feel it more in my front delts than in my pecs).
What don't you like about DB incline bench?
>>
>>35465520

Its not a meme. Watch what happens when someone misses a conventional pull above the knees - 90% of the time, its because they lost (or deliberately abandoned) back extension at the start of the lift to improve their leverage off the floor. Which causes the lockout to suck because they've got very little mass to finish with.

Improve strength off the floor, either you won't round or you'll have more momentum to finish with if you do. Win/win.

>>35465521
Snatch deads are because I have a weak upper back and tend to drop my shoulders way too much when pulling. They're good for solving it, as are front squats.
>>
>>35465449
>>35465434
This one? doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e31823a3b15.

But
>For untrained individuals, larger ROM may be superior to smaller ROM for strength gains. For trained individuals, there is currently no evidence available.
and
>For untrained individuals, a larger ROM appears to lead to greater hypertrophy than a shorter ROM. For trained individuals, there is unfortunately currently no evidence available.
From strengthandconditioningresearch.

Have you goodlads any personal experience with strength gains being higher or lower from periods of increased or decreased ROM?

>>35465521
The movement gets a bit weird.
I do them after bench and triceps tho, so that doesn't help much in that respect.
Can't really say they gave me a chest pump either, as far as I can recall now. Did them with a 30 degree angle.
I'm going to add OHP to one of my days and replace DB incline with regular DB bench, I think.
>>
>>35465521
>What's a slingamajig?
>Not knowing the patented, copyrighted, super special Smelly Bell Slingdongditch as seen on Supertraining DAHT TV, Supertraining gym, THE strongest gym in the west
A slingshot.

I'm actually fucking around with ROM progression on deads right now. I've got a pile of 3/4 inch mats and strip one off each time.
>>
Looks like it may be time to bring back the old OP lads.
>>
>>35465599
This is not true.
We have received express permission to post it.
>>35465617
Seems so.
>>
>>35465520
He's right though. Conventional lockout difficulty arises from tradeoffs off the ground. Back rounding lets you get your hips higher, but makes straitening it under load difficult. Essentially what the other anon said.
>>
>>35465593
Advertising is against the rules, and some autist keeps reporting posts with that link under the premise of it being an advertisement.
I think we could go back to the old OP style and avoid this mess.
>>35465576
Interdasting. I also have a problem with losing my upper back, so I might give these a shot.
>>35465583
I think OHP is a good idea, if only because it's fun.
>>35465608
Ah. I know Slingshot. Please keep us updated on the ROM progression stuff. It definitly piques my interest.
>>
>>35465289
List of ALL TIME indisputable #1 variants of the big three
>paused squats
>close grip/feet up close grip
>paused + blocks
>>
File: jointanglestrengthgain.png (137KB, 458x553px) Image search: [Google]
jointanglestrengthgain.png
137KB, 458x553px
>>35465583
>>
>>35465520
not a meme, tbqh
>>
>>35465682
Okay so in American, non-Soviet, real English, is this basically confirming "muh highbar/closegrip offseason" or what?
>>
The mods/janitors are going super illuminati on us

Can someone explain to me how I managed to gain four lbs in one day of eating cheese and shit? I mean, I ate a lot of cheese, but not Four lbs of cheese.

On a more serious note, anyone who has used the old bathtub sauna trick to lose water weight before weigh in, how much can one reasonably expect to lose?
>>
Mike T blowin niggas out in the Projection Momention group tbH
>>
>>35465617
I still have it, in case anyone wants it:

Welcome to /PLG/ Powerlifting General. Primarily for the purpose of being a better athlete on the platform - whether that's in four months or four days.

======

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc.
Please check your shitposting at the door, thank you very much.

>Vital Statistics Unit - /plg/ Census 2014
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing

>The official pastebin
http://pastebin.com/sNJAvbZ8

>The new dropbox - /fit/ information repository
>now partially rebuilt
http://pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1

>dropbox mirror
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

>How to deadlift by Mark Rippetoe
youtu.be/tfYez7-h55c

>How to setup for the deadlift by JL Holdsworth
youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c

>How to sumo deadlift by Ben Rice
youtu.be/_5tQpNoSiKU

>How to lowbar squat by Alastair MacNicol
youtu.be/RMFHgVN_pcg

>How to setup and walk out a squat properly
youtu.be/GtPN-ftmxG8

>How to set WRs by Connor Lutz
youtu.be/593esHz-Oqo&list=UU2AylXQjX_qvxfesfBOYq5A

>How to build a big bench by Connor Lutz
youtu.be/XrVZqPkgdXo&list=UU2AylXQjX_qvxfesfBOYq5A

>How to bench press by Izzy
youtu.be/_V189hK85BI

>Trips PRs Pastebin
pastebin.com/2VTGQFN3

>/plg/ atlas
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United%20States&add=
>>
>>35465789
what's happening?
>>
>>35465671
>Please keep us updated on the ROM progression stuff
Actually just finished my first run through yesterday. Started off at 9 inches and worked down 1 mat per session until I was down to 2.25. Stopped there because I don't see a point in hitting 1.5/0.75 since it might as well be off the floor, and I know I'm good for 10+ reps off the floor with the weight I was using. Went light my first time through to feel things out and give my block pull a chance to get closer to my normal pull.
>>
>>35465781
Waterload beforehand and you get a lot more out of it, but if you're going for straight dehydration you can probably expect about eight or nine pounds without toooo much pain.

t. wrassler
>>
>>35465793

We should probably do another census, hey?

Who lies compiling data and making pie charts?
>>
>>35465793
Needs more Taylor

>>35465798
He's just all over it, answering pretty much every question, liking people's shit left and right. It's cool to see an online coach A) >doing it for free and B) actually fucking trying.
>>
>>35465825
Norse.
>>
>>35465812
>eight or nine pounds

Holy shit what. Pls explain. I was thinking about just hopping in a hot bath the morning of for half an hour or so.
>>
>>35465826
>Needs more Taylor

I have that version. I'll try to be around to start the next /plg/
>>
>>35465834
>he's never wrastled before

kek
>>
>>35465834
Oh... I was thinking you'd spend most of the day before in and out of a sauna in trash bags.
>>
>>35465847

Naw, was a Rugby lad. We don't have weight divisions.

>>35465853

Oh man that sounds like such a pain in the arse, and I don't think the hotel has a sauna.
>>
>>35465877
>Naw, was a Rugby lad. We don't have weight divisions.
>he's literally never wrassled before

LMAOO

>one hot tub bath will do it, r-right guys

oh god oh god
>>
Boys, getting myself back in working order. It'll probsbly be about 3 weeks before I'm 100%. I'm about 85-90% at full strength coming back from lay off. I'm 20 years old and carrying mid-20s for body fat percentage. I feel like once I get my full strength back that I'll spend a few more months really focusing on getting even stronger than pre-layoff stats and then doing a cut to a reasonable body fat percentage. tl:dr i want to cut in about 6 months, is this a good idea? all opinions welcome.
>>
Hotel has a hot tub.

Guess I know what I'm doing the night before.
>>
File: door mode.jpg (207KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
door mode.jpg
207KB, 1024x576px
How do i into door mode?
>>
>>35465937
Uhhh maybe just clean up your eating/drinking stat and reign it in a little. At your current bodyfat I don't think it'll cost you any strength.
>>
>>35465992
didlifts
>>
>>35465995
How many cals below maitenence do you suggest? Has anyone here cut from 25%+ to 12-15%? How long should this take? Anything to expect? Thanks for the help.
>>
>>35465992
genetics
>>
>>35466025
>cals below maitenence
Breh I stopped even attempting to track calories over a year ago. Eat like an adult human being, avoid shit that comes in a package, avoid sugary shit, scale back the beer a bit, you'll drop fat. Some bodyweight/kettlebell circuits two or three times a week for finishers couldn't hurt, but basically just eat a little less pasta for lunch, one less slice of toast with breakfast, a little less mashed potatoes for dinner. Which is NOT to say carbs are bad, but it's super easy to get more than you need.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 510x495px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 510x495px
>>35464960
There were a bunch of posts before yours that got deleted
>>
>>35466112
I don't know, not really. More like 'unnecessary', at least for me. I know when I'm eating enough to fuel recovery/weight gain and I know what I have to do to drop a little fat. I don't shove food down my throat when I want to gain weight and I don't go full chicken+brocolli mode to lose weight.
>>
>>35466112
>Do you think tracking calories is unsustainable?
Not that anon, but it's kind of a pain in the ass when you're not making your own food all the time.
It works really well for people who are planning out all of their meals anyway, but for the rest of people, it's easier to do food replacements (salad/soup instead of fries, single instead of double cheeseburger, etc.).
>>
Why did the mods delete my question? It seems like powerlifters are the only people to tell you to eat whatever you want when you're skinny and get angry when you ask how to get rid of the inevitable excess fat once you've got it. Where would be the appropriate place to post about diet in powerlifting if it's not PLG?
>>
>>35466172
Yeah, I keep pretty good track of what I'm eating. I'm just honestly worried if I'm in a deficit it could either make me more injury prone (could be bunk, I have no idea hence why I'm asking) or it could just be way too long. I have no idea how long it would take to do what I want to do and that's why I still kinda think just building more strength for a few months is better. Still open to hearing what everyone has to say.
>>
Theres 2 twins that go to my gym. Kids maybe 16-17 years old.

Anyway, one of them asked me for tips and stuff. I told him to eat more and do powerlifting basically.

Interestingly enough I saw both of them today and the one who's doing my routine is an inch or 2 taller than his identical twin bro.

It's probably cause of a higher calorie diet, I thought its just a cool observation.
>>
>>35466248
Time frame? LOL
>>
>>35466184
I don't think it'll make you more injury-prone, no.
As for how long it'll take, I'm guessing it'll be a while. I'm not sure how much you weigh, so I can't say exactly how long you'll need. How much do you weigh?
>>
>>35466277
5'10, 240.
>>
Ok. I'm pretty sure I'm only gonna need to drop 1 or 2 lbs, so according to pretty much every UFC training interview I've read, that's entirely possible with a chillaxed hottub session.
>>
>>35466322
>he's never wrassled before
>>
>>35466255

close to a year or more. I forgot.

My padawan can bench 185 and squat 225 while the other guy can squat at all and only benches 115 for reps.

But the other one came up to me today which was weird. I think his brother wont help him.
>>
>>35466340
Horrible squat.
>>
>>35466382

slow and steady man.
>>
>>35466277
It took me 2 1/2 months to get from 240 at 25% to 210 at 18-ish%. I ballooned back up due to a shit ton of circumstances. When I definitely do cut I'm not gonna spin my wheels eyeballing portions, though. I will do an IIFYM type approach instead of a meal prep type approach. I'm wondering more about what's reasonable. I don't think 1,000 cals below maitenence is reasonable but for my body fat percentage it very well could be.
>>
>>35466291
I did some math for you.
(weight to lose) = (original weight) * (desired bodyfat percentage - original bodyfat percentage) / (desired bodyfat percentage - 1)
So starting at 25%@240, to get down to 15%:
(wt) = (240)*(0.15-0.25)/(0.15-1) = 28lb
Pick your poison as far as rate. I think the general rule of thumb is don't go above 2lb/wk, and even that is aggressive.
>>
>>35466461
Thanka, bruv. Will update you when I get there.
>>
>>35466471
Got your back, Jack. Good luck.
>>
>>35466471
*thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>35466481
Gonna have to cut out the feasts, ASAP.
>>
>>35466494
why do you have a buttplug
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>35466494
That New Year's luck, though.
>>
>>35466507
To get my asshole prepped for coach's squat depth meter. He says to close my eyes when I'm in the hole and explode up when I feel the special poke.
>>
>>35466509

>Sauerkraut and mystery meat

A1, friend. Saurkraut and meat is best combo
>>
>>35466522
POUTINE. I just was asking my Grandpa where the A1 was? Only some expired knock-off brand. Russet potatoes with A1 is god-tier.
>>
Got a new tattoo today friends

On my back so benching is gonna be a bitch tomorrow. Depending on how it feels might just wait till Monday. Don't even wanna think about squats right now but should be healed up enough for them by tuesday I suppose.
>>
Newfag to plg. Who is this op. He looks like me but jacked. Can anybody post his face
>>
>>35466547

I wasn't referencing A1 sauce, "a1" means good. A1 sauce is a pathetic attempt to mimic HP sauce.
>>
>>35466675You betcha, Poutine.
>>
>>35466675
A1 sauce is amazing you faggot
>>
>>35466626
Plz?
>>
>>35466602

I would strongly recommend against even going to the gym for two weeks, friend. Take care of that tatt.
>>
>>35466810

A1 sauce is good, but HP sauce is next level.

Guess I won't be having it the next couple days though cause sodium cut something something.
>>
Should I change my routine during a cut. Just finished TM and am now doing 5/3/1/ but should I do something like PPL just while I cut?
- My main goal is strength and eventually to compete but I also want to be joocey.
>>
>>35466832
I don't really see any point in that. Every other one I've come back to the gym within a few days at most.
>>
>>35466923

And they healed alright? I've seen some pretty ugly blowouts from lads getting back on the rugby pitch and ripping the scabs off before they were ready.

>>35466885

5/3/1 is fantastic for cutting. Stick with it.
>>
>>35466940
Rugby is a lot different from powerlifting. All my others have healed totally fine. Both artists I've used have said it's fine to go back as soon as I feel like it.
>>
>>35466962

Listen to your artists above me for sure.

I'd just be paranoid. I hate throwing the bar across my piece and it was healed long before I ever tried squatting.
>>
>>35466983
What metro are you from?
>>
File: 1445562480901.jpg (75KB, 732x549px) Image search: [Google]
1445562480901.jpg
75KB, 732x549px
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BACm5bICqC8/
Can we talk about this for a minute? His knees snap in early like it's sumo. Form sloppiness? Deficit changing the dynamic of the lift? Interesting lift no matter what
>>
Time to begin cutting lads

I've gotta be shredded by May

Do you think it's realistic that I could lose 30 pounds by May and not lose strength?

Training age is about one year and I'd love to keep the gains train rolling but it's not worth a high total of you're fat as fuck
>>
>>35467103
What's to talk about?

Dude's form is complete shit but he's fucking huge so he's able to compensate by just muscling it up

He would be moving much more weight if he rebuilt from the ground up to learn proper form
>>
>>35467133
what's this cuck shit? And yeah, it's possible if you're not a braindead Marxist.
>>
I just checked the meet roster for my meet in 2 weeks from today and saw that BenchBro is on the roster, so good job getting your shit in on time mane. Glad you now know how to use the postal service. Now hopefully you'll get down to weight so that it's not all for naught.

What are you going to do with your training in the next 2 weeks tho, because we have an extra week that's not in the sheiko because I'm an idiot and can't count weeks apparently. Like when are you going to hit your planned openers, shit like that? I think imma hit my DL opener this wednesday at the ende of the written sheiko workout, and my squat/bench openers on friday or saturday.
>>
>>35464781
kek>>35456386
>>
>>35467066
Hongcouver
>>
Was watching one of Jesse Norris's Q&A videos and he was talking about the belt he uses.
He said its an old leather 'inzer' belt thats like 50 years old and that his coach gave it to him. He said it has no writing or anything to identify it.
I'm assuming its not an inzer.
So if the ipf can't prove that a belt isn't an inzer, are you allowed to use?
>>
>>35467262
Yep and guess whose idea it was to beg for their help?

I'll give you a hint:
He's 30 years old and lives in Vancouver and has a shit total
>>
>>35467275
>So if the ipf can't prove that a belt isn't an inzer, are you allowed to use?
yes
>>
>>35467275
Inzer isn't the only IPF approved brand
>>
>>35467289
Is there away to prove that a belt isnt an inzer, other than the belt literally having another brands name/logo on it?
>>
>>35467300
not if it isnt an older inzer that doesnt have one
>>
>>35467200
So what happens if I don't make weight?
I can still compete I'm like 90% sure on it.
And idk.
Probably do some joegramming
>>
>>35467066

Van City/Van Isle

>>35467100

:3

>>35467103

Whoa. He's got some damn short tibia by the looks of it too.

>>35467133

Doesn't seem very /plg/ of you.

>>35467200

I'll be competing on the same day as you lads, but hours and hours away. Get hype. Having a week to recover after a Sheiko might be a good thing friend.

>>35467201

Don't exhume the dead, lad.

>>35467257

We prefer LeVan(t)couver now

>>35467275

I'm pretty sure this is changing very soon. Or they tried to. If George is around he's the guy to ask. He gets off on IPF minutia.
>>
>>35467346
Just compete at 105

It's more important for you to just get the meet under your belt than it is to try to cut down into some weightclass that you won't be competitive in anyway
>>
>>35467353
It has nearly twice the replies since last time I looked lmao
>>
File: 0102161313a.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0102161313a.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>35467370
That's kinda how I'm feeling.
I'll be a very light 105 but it doesn't really matter. If I drop into my weight class Alex will still blow me the fuck out.
Except in bench :^)
>>
>>35467346
>>35467388
don't bank on being able to compete at a higher weight.

>>35467353
>I'll be competing on the same day as you lads, but hours and hours away. Get hype.
GET HYPE
what are your planned openers lad?
any goals for the meet?
>Having a week to recover after a Sheiko might be a good thing friend.
yeah I think so, although tBh I really hadn't experienced much fatigue at all throughout the program, which was surprising.

>>35467388
I'm still gonna get BTFO by at least 2 guys in the 93kg
but it's not a contest. I mean, it is, but it's not always about winning. especially when neither of us stands a snowball's chance in hell of winning
>>
>>35467414
The weight class you put on your entry form is just for predicting a roster.
If you're too heavy you just compete a class up.
There's just really no way I can make weight. Like it's not going to happen.
>>
>>35467388

They'll probably let you compete in the 105's, but it means that I'll blow you the fuck out at a lighter bw. And do you really want that? I know I don't: I like being the weakest trip.

>>35467414
>what are your planned openers lad?
>any goals for the meet?

Openers are probably going to be 180/110/200 I wanna use some comfy gym triples for openers cause first meet, so bombing out would be heartbreaking. My goal is full #YOLO
>>
>>35467437
>If you're too heavy you just compete a class up.

Unless Worlds. Cause each nation has a cap on the classes.
>>
>>35467444
>180/110/200
Fuck. Youre stronger than what I thought.
>>
>>35467453
Obviously and also because you have to qualify for your class.
But this isn't world's or nationals.
>>
File: lucy pinder.jpg (35KB, 474x713px) Image search: [Google]
lucy pinder.jpg
35KB, 474x713px
>>35467437
really? didn't know that.

>>35467444
>I wanna use some comfy gym triples for openers cause first meet
good idea tBh. I know in the other meet that I did, the squats felt WAYYY different than I thought. idk whether it was the carpet or the stand or nerves or what, but thank fuck I chose an ezpz opener. didn'r realize my knees weren't locked out until the ref actually told me that I had to while the weight was on my back.
>180/110/200
v nice lad, you're gonna smash it. what weight class?

I hope the mods use their deletion authority for off topic posts as liberally on the rest of /fit/ as they do here. one thing I can't stand is inconsistent moderation.

>>35467482
IT'S THE WISCONSIN STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
>>
>>35467482
Are you going to adjust your fake fed bench form to adjust for a real fed that actually waits for the bar to stop?

No bully of course Joe
>>
>>35467463

:3 I'm still p fucking weak though.

>>35467482

I'm still disappoint, Joe. Just fuckin, smash it lad.

>>35467484

You don't count. The next time a high wind blows you'l be carried off somewhere.

>>35467486
>the squats felt WAYYY different

A serious terror is that the tolerances on the plates in the gym I train in are so wide that what I've been thinking was 180 kg was actually closer to 170. Or that our barbells are only 15kg or some stupid shit like that.
>>
>>35467531
nah, I mean just they felt super shaky. I think it was some combination of the following
>stand that holds the weight moves when you get under the bar, unlike in a power cage where the bar won't move at all until you unrack it
>carpet
>nervous af
I sincerely hope none of the things you listed happen to you.
>>
Anyone do thumbless squats? I'm about to say fuck this shit and just get some wrist bands or something instead.
>>
>>35467559

All IPF platforms gotta be carpet.

I'm kind of interested to see how my nerves go, I've never had a problem being infront of crowds (lol spectator sport when) but I will be nervous about the weight. Who knows?
>>
>>35467578

Like, thumb overtop? Yep. It's literally the only way
>>
>>35467578
yo

>>35467580
yeah I know. I'm sure you'll be fine. after my opener almost all of the nerves went away
>>
>>35467600
Send me an image of thumb over top and I'll tell you if that's what I mean.
>>
>>35467627

Ok, I'll describe it: you know when you grip the bar for double overhand deads? Not that.
>>
>>35467508
are you going to adjust your life decisions for a fed that actually wants you to be natty?

No bully of course aaron.
>>
>>35467658
Yeah but is your thumb on the bar at all.
>>
How much water weight is acceptable to drop before a meet? And when should the process be started?
>>
File: HAPPYPUPPER.jpg (34KB, 420x336px) Image search: [Google]
HAPPYPUPPER.jpg
34KB, 420x336px
>>35467677

Yes. On the same side as all my other fingers.

Having your thumb not touching the bar isn't IPF legal, yo.
>>
File: 355shitshow.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
355shitshow.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>35467508
I'll be fine.
Going with an easy opener.
By easy I mean like 325 or 335
>>
About to start 3 day intermediate sheiko, should the 1RM I enter be my true 1RM or should I take off 5-10%? I remember having to do 10% for C6W
>>
File: grey sweatpants.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
grey sweatpants.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
>>35467693
I entered my true 1RM and then ended up adding like 10lbs to each by week 3 and I made it through just fine.

>>35467689
>easy
>10lbs more than my PR
ree etc
>>
>>35467689
>By easy I mean like 325 or 335

Goddamn Joe, I won't even hit those by the end of the year.
>>
Goodnight lads.

Hope I weigh less than 210 lbs tomorrow.
>>
File: weird crossed wallpaper.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
weird crossed wallpaper.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
>>35467799
nn friend, sleep tight
>>
File: 4pl8.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4pl8.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>35467806
I find this girl very attractive
Also I still need to find deadlift socks.
Was at the mall today and none of the shoe stores had anything long enough. They were all just like mid calf high.
Any suggestions anyone? Need to order them soon. Red and black preferably
>>
Fuck the Conans Wheel.

Everything hurts. Everything.
>>
>>35468234
That shit has to be so good for bracing though. Upper back, core, etc
>>
>>35468257

Not as much as you'd think. Its one of those exercises that's hard to do any real volume one. You do one or two attempts at it then die.

Also it is the single most unpleasant implement in strongman. Like having an elephant stomp on your chest.
>>
>>35468234
I was irrationally annoyed that they called it the Basque circle at WSM this year. FFS, it's been the Conans Wheel since after the seas swallowed Atlantis and before the rise of the sons of Ares.
>>
>>35468275

It's been called the Basque circle before. Something similar is a sometimes-event in basque lifting competitions, similar to how something akin to the atlas stones was sometimes a part of highland games before strongman was a thing.
>>
>>35468308
It's a completely legitimate name for the event, and has more precedent than naming it after a scene in a movie, but it shall always be the Conans Wheel in my heart.
>>
>I've been pretty tired from the festive season and just got off a hypertrophy block, would it be OK to take a deload and then start a week later?
>I'd rather you didn't. Rest up. If you can't recover in two days then you're dead.
lel mike t
>>
>>35468337
Great "genetics" that Mike T has
>>
File: holy joe.jpg (300KB, 960x958px) Image search: [Google]
holy joe.jpg
300KB, 960x958px
>>35467836
whos the grill in webm

r u cheeting on amber :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>35468791
What a perfectly tailored suit.
>>
I noticed i gained about 30-40 pounds on each of my lifts this year.

Is it safe to assume you can add 30 pounds to each lift every year in the advanced level. What do u guys think?

Maybe at a certain point its 20 pounds per lift per year.

So 385/275/465 for me went up 425/315/515(an xtra 10)

Next year 455/345/545 and so on.
>>
>>35469132
i think eventually, yeah. even jesse norris says he gets 15-20lbs/lift a year iirc. but i think you're shorting yourself and you can get more, unless you're very light.
>>
>>35469222

I am 190 but i am expecting squat to be at least 495 this year.

My progress was slowed because a work injury and i couldnt squat or dl for a few months.

I am fine now.

Im just looking into longterm goals now for the new year. It would be cool to lift 545/405/635 in 2yrs though
>>
intermediate options? TM progression is too hard now and I don't want to stick to it and milk the last drops of gains through extensive modifications, i'd rather get on a better routine

tips?

175/115/230 @87
>>
What program would you recommend to someone with a 160kg squat, 105kg bp and 180kg deadlift? Bw at 73kg.

Running Madcows 5x5 at the moment, after coming back from a lower back injury, and the progress is slowing down.
>>
>>35465682
Thank you.
>>35466025
0.7% of your bodyweight per week is a reasonable rate. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558571
>>
Would I be considered an intermediate lifter at the moment, at what level would i be advanced? What would achievable goals for the year be?

182.5/110/240 @ 85kg
>>
>>35469231
>>35469290

So if youre 100kg u lose 700 grams per week?
>>
>>35469318
no retard

100 x 0.07 = 7.0 so you're gonna lose 7kg a week. quick and simple cuts are the most effective for PL, get back into bulking asap
>>
>made shit gains in the last six months
>learned a lot about preventing and dealing with injuries
>massive form improvements in all three lifts
>put on quite a bit of size
Not sure if satisfied
>>
>>35469318
Just get on dnp instead but take a maximum of 2 pills a day and not 21 like that dude who died
>>
>>35469340

7kg a week would be 7.0%!

This says .7.
>>
>>35467836
since when the fuck can benchbro squat 4pl8 ?!?

i need to sort my life out
>>
Besides farmers walks, what are some GOAT grip exercises you lads do?
>>
>>35469483
Dumbbel rows or kroc rows depending on which you prefer.
>>
>>35469483
i hang from a pullup bar, even though im pretty "strong"(i have a national deadlift record in australia) i weight 130+kg and im sorta weak, so I can just hang from a pullup bar. i only manage 12 seconds but im working on getting it up to 15s
>>
>>35469483
Mike t suggests static barbell holds with heavy weights
>>
>>35469522
who the fuck is mike t?
>>
>>35468791
This is a shop right?
>>
>>35469503
Kroc rows sound fun desu, I think i'll do them next week, although I wish my gym had heavier dumbbells than 60kg

>>35469507
What's your name lad? Cause the only record holder in deadlift in Australia for both open and junior SHW's is Cameron Mckenzie, and he's lighter than 130kg even when he's a SHW

>>35469522
For how long?
>>
>>35469557

>What's your name lad? Cause the only record holder in deadlift in Australia for both open and junior SHW's is Cameron Mckenzie, and he's lighter than 130kg even when he's a SHW

There's more than one fed...
>>
>>35469557
If your gym only has 60kg Dumbbells than there's no reason to do kroc rows, they're suppose to be done as heavy as 100kg Dumbbells.

I go to some generic bodybuilding gym mate and even my gym has 100kg dumbbells
>>
>>35469606
My bad, it was my assumption that /plg/ was pretty much all IPF lifters.

Which fed senpai? And how much did you pull?, cause if it's in an untested fed you'd be hitting pretty enormous weight
>>
>>35469613
Only time I've ever seen dumbbells over 60kg is when I go to hardcore bodybuilding gyms, even then it's pretty rare

Pretty stupid though that our gym has tons of elite lifters and yet we don't have any dumbbells heavier than 60kg, i'll bring it up tomorrow
>>
>>35469606
>There's more than one fed...
Sure, theres tons of feds. FIFA, NFL, IWF etc

But this thread is usually about powerlifting, IPF.
>>
>>35465726
I don't think so, no. It shows something else than what I thought it did. For your question, see >>35465583.

Correct me if I'm wrong: what Avon posted shows isometric training works better (overall) the more closed the joint is at the point where isometric training occurs. That said, isometric training improves strength the most at the point where the isometric training occurs.
Keep in mind the groups' squat strength. Pic doesn't show whether or not isometric training is effective for higher strength levels.
>>
>>35469621

>cause if it's in an untested fed you'd be hitting pretty enormous weight

Not necessarily. Lolfeds like CAPO/APL have so many different equipment, weight and age divisions that anyone can set a record with some pissweak lift. GPC is marginally better at least in that it has limited equipment divisions but it still has too many age and weight divisions (though they limit recognition for them where they can)
>>
>>35469722
Sounds horrible
>>
File: 1444386529844.png (101KB, 1585x1527px) Image search: [Google]
1444386529844.png
101KB, 1585x1527px
>>35469693
>>
why does ipf have 4 (FOUR) master classes
>>
I just wanted to share that i finally realized that i want to get into powerlifting. Bodybuilding just feels 2 narcissistic and i'm completely fine with my body, i just want to be stronger for fun and lifting heavy shit is the best you can do at the gym IMO.

I'll probably soon start to post some squat/bench/deadlift recordings to get some tips. This looks like a great thread.
>>
>>35469783
bodybuilding is literally like spending 2h doing your makeup every morning
>>
>>35469792
>Not getting dolled up for your date with diddlylift
>Making it

Plz
>>
>>35469792
>the "hating on people doing a different but similar in some way activity" meme

can this die please
>>
>>35469792
I spend a lot of time into my appearance what is wrong with that? I want to look as good as possible
>>
>>35469780
Why shouldn't it?

WPC/GPC/etc have 10 masters divisions plus a submasters division and 3 teen divisions.
>>
File: 1447186235808.png (16KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1447186235808.png
16KB, 418x359px
>>35469863
>>
>>35469830
That's narcissistic, it shows to me you haven't gotten your priorities in order and that you are an emotional person
>>
>>35464781
lads, stalling at 90kg bench press at aprox 85kg bw I've done lots of deloads in SS.
Should I start texas method to bench and keep ss to deadlift and squat?
I really give a shit about muh squat and deadlift
>>
>>35469890

>Should I start texas method to bench

Literally the worst program for bench in the world.

Fuck TM, move onto a better program... something with decent volume and progression, not weekly peaking.
>>
Ben and Jerrys today
Pizza tomorrow

I love using powerlifting as an excuse to over eat :)
>>
>>35469885
>That's narcissistic
nothing wrong with it ugly person are seen as worse persons then less uglier people and I want to be treated as good as possible. Appearance is also a way of showing respect

>you haven't gotten your priorities in order
should I do charity work instead or what?

>you are an emotional person
?
>>
>>35469905
liiiiiike?
>>
>>35469960
I can't recommend this enough, get the sheiko app and input your numbers. No I am not affiliated with Sheiko in any way
>>
File: pep.jpg (32KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
32KB, 436x436px
>buying powerlifting shoes
>$59.99
>enter my country
>total: $93.49
>>
>>35469960
Sheiko
Full-body 5/3/1 templates
Greg Nuckols templates
RTS
etc
>>
>>35469976
Having already shilled sheiko to the point of being ridiculed, I'd recommend it too. To anyone desu.
>>
>>35469993
This. Sheiko is literally one of the best out there if you can take it.
>>
>>35469993
thanks! You are really nice guys, keep being like that bros ^^
>>
>>35469885
>emotional person
>bad thing
wat
>>
File: dogs field.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
dogs field.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>35470010
>>
Started doing push presses again because they're fun and big shoulders are sweet, come@me
>>
>>35470037
Totally a good idea.
>>
>>35470037
I wanna do push presses... They can't replace OHP right?
I don't know when to do them
>>
>>35469993
but hmmm, there are like loads of templates and I just did SS and I just... You know, I don't know what template. I just want to be better at bench while increasing my squat and deadlift but those aren't as important to me as bench.
Any # template?
>>
>>35470048
Sure they can. I don't do them with a huge push from the legs, so it's still way more of a press than a jerk.
>>
>>35470048
Any overhead press version is fine for PL strength.
>>
>>35470049
Go to the sheiko forum and find the 3 day cycle.
>>
I guess I'll jump on to the sheiko train. Do I need to download the app or are the spreadsheets enough?
>>
>>35469307
Anyone lads?
>>
>>35470095
Spreadsheets are fine but the app gives you more options.
>>
>>35470095
also could someone plug my numbers into their app and tell me what program i get?? thanks plg friends

125/87.5/160 at 90
>>
>>35470121
beginner/intermediate/advanced are just categories, forget them and just get stronger.
>>
>>35470126
the app programs isn't available online
>>
>>35470152
ah that sucks

>>35470125
what kind of options?
>>
Guys. Who is the op? Are there more pics of him?
>>
File: 1427080730122.png (2MB, 1080x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1427080730122.png
2MB, 1080x1074px
>>35470173
bryce
>>
File: Bryce-272.5kg-ausnats.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bryce-272.5kg-ausnats.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>35470173
>>
>>35470173
Turbo sex manlet. Would bang/10.
>>
File: 1435250916886.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1435250916886.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>35470233
>>
>>35470183
Needs more pecs. Bench must be shit.
>>
>>35470252
157.5kg 8 months ago in comp
>>
>>35470265
As I said. Poverty bench.
>>
>>35470165

>what kind of options?

More programs
>>
File: crap shop.jpg (200KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
crap shop.jpg
200KB, 607x608px
when are the trips coming back?
>>
>dat analysis paralysis when deciding if i abandoning sheiko for 2 months to do rts is a good idea
>>
So how long do you run Sheiko for? Indefinately?
>>
>>35470374
Do sheiko with RPEs
>>
>>35470374
Do it lad
>>
>>35470376
If you keep on adapting the program to your needs and increasing volume yes it can be run indefinitely.
>>
>>35470396
it's project momentum
>>35470409
yeah prob will, like a once in.. three years or so opportunity
>>
>>35470444

>it's project momentum

Wut?
>>
>>35470485
https://www.reddit.com/r/powerlifting/comments/3x0d1k/opportunity_for_free_rts_training/
>>
>>35470485
>he's not in on Project Momentum (c)
>>
http://forum.reactivetrainingsystems.com/content.php?73-Using-RTS-on-a-Sheiko-base-program
>>
>>35470374
After this cycle I think I'll do an RTS template
>>
>>35470630
>staying on sheiko for all of 1 cycle
>>
>>35470630
>this cycle

wat is?
>>
>>35470630

Sheiko is better, srs, but Sheiko with RPEs or auto-regulation is the best.
>>
>>35470678
Competition cycle

>>35470683
RTS is pretty fucking close to sheiko with RPEs
>>
>>35470616
interdasting
>>
>>35470699
>RTS is pretty fucking close to sheiko with RPEs

This is actually very true and most people don't realize it.
>>
>>35470699

>RTS is pretty fucking close to sheiko with RPEs

>This is actually very true and most people don't realize it.

Similar but not quite. RTS tends to run at higher intensity and less volume, and unless Mike has changed his tack in the last 3-4 years the comp peak method leaves a bit to be desired, as does the lack of assistance lifts...

Sheiko is better structured and controlled with it's % based template and applying RPEs or any other sort of auto-regulation just allows you to utilise the program more efficiently. IRL Russian Sheiko athletes would all be coached and the coach would auto-regulate the training accordingly.
>>
>>35470818
>RTS tends to run at higher intensity and less volume

It's surprising you can say that, since neither program has fixed intensity and volume per lifter. Maybe the generic versions of both programs, but once they're coached, it depends on lifter response and weight class and things like that.

There are plenty of variations, easily more than Sheiko.
>>
>>35470818
RTS is also set out with eq in mind rather than my butchering a 3day uneq template into a 4day one with extra eq work
>>
>>35470818
I would say higher intensities, I would not say overall less volume. Intensity is a significant contributor to volume.
>>
>>35470837
>It's surprising you can say that, since neither program has fixed intensity and volume per lifter. Maybe the generic versions of both programs, but once they're coached, it depends on lifter response and weight class and things like that.

>>35470969
>I would say higher intensities, I would not say overall less volume. Intensity is a significant contributor to volume.

Knowing quite a few lifters who have trained under Mike I am not unaware of it's variations but the use of RPEs does lead to a higher level of intensity in general and though the difference is not massive the volume is comparatively lower and needs to be so as to run at a higher intensity. Yes intensity contributes to volume but greater set/reps over time equates to more total volume than greater loading.

>>35470837
>There are plenty of variations, easily more than Sheiko.

Doubtful. We in the western world have probably on skimmed the top of sheiko programming. Boris coached many different athletes for many years and his programming evolved through the process as well.

>>35470882
>RTS is also set out with eq in mind rather than my butchering a 3day uneq template into a 4day one with extra eq work

Sheiko was set out with equipped lifting in mind originally...
>>
>>35471140
Sure but the usual templates 37/30/32 aren't
>>
>>35471149
They all pre-date raw IPF competition. They were written for equipped lifting. You just need to know how to use them with equipment.
>>
>>35471173
You wear "light equipment" the whole time. Older looser suits and light knee wraps etc
>>
File: happypupper.jpg (8KB, 236x242px) Image search: [Google]
happypupper.jpg
8KB, 236x242px
Havnt lifted since the 18th lads and my bitch ex gf just took my dog and moved to another city 4 Hours away and he will stay there for 3 months. What do lads im honestly thinking of getting another dog since im so lonely

/blog over
>>
>>35471195
Adjust the equipment to the loading...

For squats this is what Boris has prescribed:

>"80% - old suit, straps down + old wraps
>85% - same, maybe tighter wraps
>90% - old suit, straps up + old wraps
>95%+ - full equipment"

For bench you just use a looser or less jacked shirt for the lower percents. I personally started with benching in my shirt once a fortnight then increased to twice a week as I peak. I still benched raw at least once or twice a week too.

Deads similar to squats.
>>
>>35471257
Hmm that doesn't really translate for me well
>>
>>35471303
Why?
>>
>>35471340
I don't know how to use gear
>>
>>35471342
Lol. Then why do you want to do an equipped cycle if you don't lift equipped?
>>
File: GN21423423q.png (51KB, 1427x623px) Image search: [Google]
GN21423423q.png
51KB, 1427x623px
>>35464781
Is this a good program for Bench? One of Greg Nuckols' sample routines.
>>
>>35471399
No
>>
>>35471412
Why not?
>>
>>35471399
It should be good. IRL all Greg's bench programming borrows heavily from Sheiko.
>>
>>35471373
To get better at it. When I say I don't know how, I mean I'm rubbish at it
>>
>>35471438
What do you think about his programming for nech and deadlifts? I was thinking about combining this with a 2 or 3 times per week squat program and a 1-2 times per week deadlift.
>>
>>35471494
>nench
*squat
>>
>>35471460
Then use it frequently at lower percents. Learn to touch with lighter weights, learn to drop into a full squat with less weight on your back. Then tighten up the gear and add weight.
>>
File: 363 at 83 tom martin.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
363 at 83 tom martin.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: pozdeev 400kg.webm (781KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
pozdeev 400kg.webm
781KB, 540x360px
>>35471541
>>
File: Kirill 335.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Kirill 335.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>35471554
>>
File: straight-man-face.jpg (16KB, 305x286px) Image search: [Google]
straight-man-face.jpg
16KB, 305x286px
>>35471539
Nah it's good, I have someone who's been to 7 IPF worlds telling me which mistakes not to make
>>
>>35471399
I like it, but going to add OHP on day 2 and see what happens. I also do most of the work with feet up.
I also do the squat 3x/week and deadlift 1x/week, and I added RDLs on day 1 while deadlifts are done on day 3.
>>
>>35471581
Also do rows and/or pullups all three days instead of the back work listed.
>>
>>35471581
>>35471620
Thanks. Yeah, I was planning on adding OHP. I'm thinking about adding a 3x squats to the bench days and have a 4th day for deadlifts and back. Also was going to do some back work on the bench days.
>>
>>35471579
Well you're all sorted then. Lucky bugger too. I mostly taught myself to bench in a shirt. And I learned in a super katana so there wasn't much margin for error.
>>
>>35471581
> I also do most of the work with feet up.

Why?
>>
>>35471664
My first shirt was a triple ply denim.
>>
>>35471698
Well that's just ridicshit
>>
File: pepeclap.jpg (23KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
pepeclap.jpg
23KB, 300x250px
>equipped
>>
File: EternalAnglo7.jpg (49KB, 620x565px) Image search: [Google]
EternalAnglo7.jpg
49KB, 620x565px
Will it hurt me if I stop doing heavy OHP?
Stalling for so long, OHP kills my Motivation. I always treated OHP equal to the Bench, but progress on the Bench is so much easier.
I also noticed that Heavy OHP fucks my recovery for my Lower body days.

TL; Dr
Should I stop Heavy(3-6 reps) standing press and switch to higher rep ranges after Benching?

Not really training for Powerlifting btw.
>>
>>35471720
Yea.it wasn't enjoyable.
I havent done in real equipped work since then.
Here is me just throwing on a single ply and trying it out one day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFbFK235wII
Even single ply still hurts like a bitch
>>
>>35465682
But that chart is talking about isometric strength, not short v long ROM, and the top chart which shows more gains(?) has an isometric hold closer to full extension than the bottom graph where the pause is at the end range for the knee
>>
>>35470818
RTS doesnt undulate volume nearly as much as sheiko but surprisingly it still does undulate it to a moderate degree.

Undulation is what makes sheiko sheiko and I dont think people here realize that. Everything in sheiko undulates to a large degree, on a workout by workout basis, a week to week basis and a month to month basis.
>>
>>35471738

>Not really training for Powerlifting btw.

Then why are you posting in this thread?
>>
>>35471836
I know right? Almost like this thread has a purpose beyond being a tripfag social club and meme garbage dump
>>
>>35471809
The chart shows that training at a closed joint angle translates more to other joint angles than training an open joint angle translates to other joint angles. I'm not sure if this is applicable to advanced athletes, I think not nearly as much as to these novices.
>>
File: 1441715310880.jpg (26KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1441715310880.jpg
26KB, 508x524px
>>35471857
It has a purpose which is powerlifting
>>
>>35471857
>needs help with training
>goes to a thread about a sport he doesn't do
>asks a question that doesn't pertain to the sport of the thread
>insults the thread when they question why he would come to them
>>
>Failing PRs
>Sore joints

Is it time to take a week off lads?
>>
>>35471664
I too am learning in a superkat
>>
>>35471738
>Not really training for Powerlifting btw.

Then go ask in the Strength Training General, or QTDDTOT.
>>
File: (2)(2).jpg (214KB, 992x1227px) Image search: [Google]
(2)(2).jpg
214KB, 992x1227px
>>35471783
>t-shirt under shirt
>>
File: 1451840051490.jpg (352KB, 992x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1451840051490.jpg
352KB, 992x1227px
>>35471923
>benching equipped when you cant bench 3pl8 raw
>>
File: burnward.gif (265KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
burnward.gif
265KB, 460x259px
>>35471950
>>
File: (1)(1).jpg (38KB, 634x366px) Image search: [Google]
(1)(1).jpg
38KB, 634x366px
>>35471950
>yfw when I'll actually get something out of the shirt
>>
>>35471973
have you even touched yet?
>>
>>35471912
P-pls respond
>>
>>35470192
did he get that passed? looked like the bar definitely went down just a tad in the middle
>>
>>35471554
>tfw you get red light because timed out
desu this is an actual concern for me with bench what if i fuck up my wrist wrap and have to wrap again
>>
>>35471980
Yes
>>
>>35472017
did it come back up?
>>
File: 1436175042041.jpg (46KB, 437x501px) Image search: [Google]
1436175042041.jpg
46KB, 437x501px
>>35471950
>isley face when
>>
>>35471985
Time to get on the juice
>>
>>35472033
I'm broke nigga. Gimme an alternative.
>>
>>35471999
white lighted
>>
>>35472046
deload
>>
>>35472053
Fucking hate deloading. But the time has come..
>>
>>35472046
rock collecting
1-2 week deload

>>35472061
nobody likes deloading, but it's one of those things everyone has to do every now and again
>>
>>35472061
I know I hate it too.
>>
File: eq-bench-160kg-x2-noreps.webm (1MB, 747x420px) Image search: [Google]
eq-bench-160kg-x2-noreps.webm
1MB, 747x420px
>>35472027
Yes, but not really
>>
>>35472103
that did not touch
>>
>>35470021
What is this from? It's so comfy.
>>
>>35472116
Oh true. I have touched in other sets, but never filmed them. Still eight weeks to go, and every time I get close to touching, I tighten the shirt and put more weight on.
>>
>>35472070
>rock collecting
JESUS CHRIST MARIE, THEY'RE MINERALS
>>
>>35472143
>I have touched in other sets, but never filmed them
mhmmm. Suuuuuuureee you did.
>>
>>35472153
There's only one day that matters if I touch mate.
>>
>>35472171
exactly.
So you agree its okay to squat high in training right?
>>
>>35464781
who is this guy?? can i have your fucking babies
>>
>>35472182
of course he thinks its ok
its what he does
>>
File: 1450024973230.jpg (49KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1450024973230.jpg
49KB, 330x319px
>that black man always laughing at isley
holy shit he cracks me up everytime, like he try to keep himself from laughing but he just can't
>>
File: eq-squat-235kg-2x2-1st.webm (2MB, 747x420px) Image search: [Google]
eq-squat-235kg-2x2-1st.webm
2MB, 747x420px
>>35472182
That depends.
>>
>>35472202
>depends
so basically its not okay when fake fedders like Cam do it but it is okay when you do it?
>>
>>35472188
see >>35470183
>>35470192
>>35470233
>>35470236
>>
>>35472200
link pls
>>
>>35472202
why don't you try out some coaching from alex kang?
>>
>>35471985
>>35471912
Unless you tapered for those PRs I conclude that you are actually training for the first time in your life and panicing from the side effects.
>>
>>35472202
>>35472230
mark mcqueen coaches too
i think he could help you out
>>
>>35472229
all of isleys webms
>>
File: (5)(7).jpg (683KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
(5)(7).jpg
683KB, 2560x1536px
>>35472241
Yup, now I'm triggered
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/_2dGEuLjvJ/
>tomatoman walking out and squatting raw, to depth
>isley in gear, squatting high
bizarro /plg/ apparently
>>
>>35471649
Sounds good imho. Day 3 for me, with the six sets of paused squats followed by the deadlift work and all that upper body stuff, is a weary session.
The OHP work I'm planning is the 5/3/1 "not doing jack shit" (i.e. only the 5/3/1 sets, nothing else).
>>35471680
Feel like some of the work gets too easy if I don't. Also, like Dreamer said once, helps practice the arch in a different way.
>>
>>35472241
isn't that the guy the isley hates lol?

>>35472229
but here is his youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/IsleyNumber1/videos
>>
>>35472236
>panicing from the side effects.
this is me everytime Tbh
then i get hurt and the panic is forced to a close
>>
>>35472241
>mark mcqueen
>google him
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asoHOEfX0YM
>he specifies age instead of bodyweight
this is why I fucking hate juniors despite being one myself
>>
>>35472265
>isn't that the guy the isley hates lol?
no that was the guy who was his nemesis at his latest meet

mcqueen could really get his ass in gear Tbh
>>
>>35472279
>772.5kg @140kg
wow great job mark, hancott almost outtotals you at half your bw
>>
File: 1450801159842.jpg (119KB, 1403x981px) Image search: [Google]
1450801159842.jpg
119KB, 1403x981px
>>35471864
Am I reading this backwards? Because a pause a 130 degrees is like a Clarence Kenedy style pause and a pause a 70 would be well above parallel
>>
>>35472279
My first meet I just signed up for open despite being 21.

Is there any fucking reason to compete as a junior, I mean really?
>>
>>35472337
not really desu

I dont know any open lifter who cares about junior medalists, only juniors
>>
Post comfy music lads
https://soundcloud.com/deathtrips/shop2it
>>
>>35472335
Yeah you got it backwards.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2015-10-12-21h50m23s388.png (202KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2015-10-12-21h50m23s388.png
202KB, 640x480px
>>35464781
Are you Jimmy from Ed Edd n Eddy?
>>
New Old Thread lads

>>35472511
>>35472511
>>35472511
>>35472511
>>35472511
>>
>>35472552
>>35472552
>>35472552
>>
>>35470077
thank you sir!
>>
New>>35472534
>>35472534
>>35472534
>>
>>35472401
That's dumb
>>
>>35472236
Nah, i've been lifting for months on TM with no breaks. Guess i just hit my limit and need a week off.

When i say failed PR, this wasn't just a missed rep or 2, that was the week before, what i mean by failed is that I literally could not even pick the weight up for one of my lifts.
>>
>>35469340
>7kg a week
>calling somebody a retard
pls be troll
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.