[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 36

File: qtddtot.jpg (135KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
qtddtot.jpg
135KB, 999x624px
QTDDTOT

Is it ok for a DYEL to wear a tank top to gym?

I have nice traps and shoulders but DYEL arms, tank tops are comfy af
>>
Posting from old thread

Is there any way to remove a skin tag at home? It's not big, it's like 3mm in diameter and raised a bit.
>>
If I eat literal shit but stay at a deficit i'll lose weight no matter what ? If I lift while doing so , and most of the shit is protein , while I mainly lose fat and not muscle ?
>>
>>35461589

Pls help
>>
I only lifted 2 times during december and have lost 7 lbs due to lazy eating habits. How fast does your body catch up from a setback like this?
>>
I've got a stiff left knee joint. Apart from stretching hamstrings and flexibility improvements in general, does anybody have any solutions?

Also, opinions from runners needed on:

Stiff joints
Glucosamine
Hammer toes (toe straighteners?)

Thanks /fit/
>>
File: 1451617201911.jpg (104KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451617201911.jpg
104KB, 640x640px
Is IF a meme?
>>
Stalling at lmao2pl8 on deadlifts. Thinking about switching to sumo with some rack pulls for a while. Will this do it?
>>
>>35463245
Dunno
>>35463281
Why do anything if you're not going to do it right? Also, read the sticky.
>>35463556
You're fine.
>>35464542
No
>>35464589
Eat more
>>
I want to buy a bike to bike to uni but all BMX's are made for 10 year olds and manlets and im scared ill be labled a weirdo if i ride a proper bike

What do i do
>>
File: 1451760564955.jpg (49KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451760564955.jpg
49KB, 480x640px
What's attractive about this ass?
>>
>>35464542
Nah man its legit for cutting
>>
>QTDDTOT
STIIIIIIIICKY
>>
Why is it that after my second set of either squats or OHP my legs/shoulders feel sore as fuck? I usually take a four day break in between leg/shoulder work outs
>>
How do I strengthen my ass? I guess I've been sitting too much during my life or something nut my ass is very weak and I was wondering there was anyway to strengthen it besides squats. Guy here btw
>>
>>35464635
I like how it's pointy. Like two arrows pointing to my dick
>>
Should I lose weight to around 160 (6ft, 180) and then do SS or just start it now. I just want to feel better about how I look. I look at myself and think I should lose more weight, but I constantly see 6ft 200lb guys here that look fucking amazing. What should I do?
>>
>>35463245
Yes. Tie dental floss around it and wait for it to fall off.
>>
>>35463345

Sounds like a herniated disk. See a doctor.
>>
Need pre workout recommendations. Thanks in advance
>>
>>35464513
Mobilize hips and ankles. Odds are your "stiff" knee joint is you running up against the limits of your range of motion because you're compensating for tight hips or ankles.
>>
>>35464627
Google "adult bmx bike." You'll be fine.
>>
>>35464675
Maybe you're really bad at clearing metabolic waste. Maybe you have a movement problem.

>>35465161
Deadlifts.
>>
My dick is bent down what do guys? Looks like a banana
>>
>>35465240
Just start now.

>>35465356
Coffee. If you "need" something stronger, you really need more food or more rest.
>>
>>35465393
Paint it yellow for Halloween.
>>
>>35463138
wear what you want. faggot
>>
I frequently see boxers that don't lift and they're typically very fit.. How much would you have to train to build muscle at a rate similar to lifting? What's the natural limit for muscle mass attained exclusively from training?
>>
>>35465393
only fuck from the back
>>
File: ripptoerepchart1.png (44KB, 1177x745px) Image search: [Google]
ripptoerepchart1.png
44KB, 1177x745px
>>35465451
High reps and low weight produces different adaptations than high weight and low reps.
>>
>>35465483
can someone post the real chart please.
>>
>>35465392
i shit ere day doe
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
For those doing SS..

How much do you do on the treadmill? 3 days a week I've heard is good enough.

Also what do you do.
Is an hour at low speed (3mph) and high incline good? What do you do?

>pic related, building to an hour
>>
Deadlift form check?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQkyfy3ZYNE&feature=youtu.be

Hadn't done DLs in like a month. Always had trouble with form and pretty sure something is still off as the highest I've ever done is 315x4. Also usually past the 225 area, the bar always hit my knees on the way down so I'm trying to work on it.
>>
>>35465497
"this video is private"
>>
Biceps lagging. Never done curls before. Do curls-> feel it in forearms, not biceps. Pretty sure my firearms aren't weak because I diddle 4 plates and do weighted pull-ups.
>>
>>35465518
You doing curls palms up or thumbs up?
>>
>>35465518
Forearms*
Also: what gives?
>>
>>35465533
Palms. EZ Bar
>>
>>35465507
Oops. Try it now.
>>
File: 39331_image.jpg (46KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
39331_image.jpg
46KB, 800x800px
>>35463138
Hey /fit/, /k/ommando here. A bunch of running and deployments have fucked my knees. I want to get support but Im not sure what is best. Any recommendations?
>>
On my light day should I do lighter deadlifts for higher reps or Romanian deadlifts? I'm already doing paused low bar squats on my light day. My main goal here is to improve my deadlift.
>>
If I had height surgery and recovered, would I lose any athletic ability or would that just be the increase in ROM from the longer legs?
>>
>>35465664

You'd basically be fucked athletically. The artificially lengthened bones aren't able to absorb the same amount of force as undamaged bone and they're a longer lever on top of that. Basically every physical endeavour just got both harder and more destructive to your body.
>>
How much of a deficit can I go on without losing strength? I have my first powerlifting meet in 4 weeks and I'm 6 lbs above my weight class cut off. I want to comfortably make weight without my total dropping more than ~30 lbs or so.
>>
>>35465492
Fuck treadmills. It uses different muscles than regular walking and running. I either run outside or swim.
>>
>>35465664
This is not a question for /fit/
Srsly, if you want to have such a ridiculous and superfluous surgery, ask the fucking surgeon and be 100% sure about anything

>>35465634
What does the program that your'e doing say?
Have you considered GHRs?

>>35465518
>>35465546
Ditch the EZ bar
Use dumbbells and focus on supination of the hand at the top (squeeze! feel that muscle flexing)
EZ bar should only be used for curls if you are having wrist troubles

>>35465497
What the fuck are you doing?
Push off your heels. There is no way they should ever be coming off the ground AT ALL
It's almost laughable that you don't know this

>>35465492
>SS
>treadmill
u wot

>>35465240
Just start now. But read the fucking book first
The book literally goes over this exact question, even though the diet section is not great

>>35465161
Most people have weak/'inactive' glutes (we all sit too much)
Deadlifts, squats, GHR, glute bridges

Warm up the glutes a little bit before lifting

>>35464675
Post form check and routine and lifts
>four day break
Too much

>>35464627
Don't get a fucking BMX
Get a road bike or at least a hybrid
Can easily find used for cheap. Make sure gears work well if going this route

>>35464589
You'll just be avoiding the issue
Obviously something else is wrong
Form check
Diet/Sleep/Recovery
Routine

Stalling at 2 plate is pretty pathetic for a man

>>35464542
IF is good if you have trouble curbing your hunger
It sucks at first, but you get used to the eating windows

>>35464513
Foam roll
As the other anon said, mobilize everything

>>35463345
See a doctor you fucking idiot
I remember replying the same thing to you in another thread probably ~a week ago
You probably also deserve this
>>
>>35465762
6 lb is not much, could even just be a water weight cut
>>>/plg/ and Google are your friends, there's lots of guides/tips for cutting for meets/shows/whatever
You have tons of time
>>
File: 1450844728676.jpg (47KB, 250x266px) Image search: [Google]
1450844728676.jpg
47KB, 250x266px
>>35465762

Usually 200-300kcal. Anything more starts being risky.
Remember to increase your intake of protein.

>>35465634

Romanian deadlifts or power cleans.

>>35465664

Would be very detrimental to strength training or almost every type of sport.

>>35465518

You just have very weak forearms.
Keep curling, they will catch up. And don't worry, your biceps are still getting work even though you don't feel much on them.

I highly suggest you do DB supinating curls - Start with a hammer curl, and after lifting the first few centimetres, start supinating the wrist (a big part of the biceps work is supination, so you wanna do it during the lift as it provides resistance to the movement and extra work for the biceps, instead of doing it before curling). After curling all the way to the top, you can also raise your elbows a little bit, as the biceps also perform a bit of shoulder flexion. This maximises the range of motion for the biceps (and you will find this is tough as fuck and gives a very nice pump)

>>35465497

Looks good enough, really. But yeah, you should focus on improving your eccentric a bit. Don't unlock the knees until the bar clears them.
And start from a deadstop after every rep. You are doing romanian deadlifts, not standard deadlifts.

Hard to tell because of the plates, but it seems like you are starting with the bar far forward, after your toes even. The bar should be exactly over the middle of your feet, and touching your shins at the start.

Fixing your gaze a little bit lower, to the where the wall meets the floor, might also help.

On a closer look, it seems like you have very poor ankle mobility. They are getting off the floor at the start of every rep.
Try these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E
>>
How does cardio work?

Say I cycle for 30min and burn 250 calories. I go home and eat 250 calories of fruit. Is there any net gain here?

I've heard cardio trains the body to utilize energy better ultimately increasing BMR. Is there a lick of truth to this?
>>
>>35465805
i'm >>35465634

i'm doing the three day version of candito LP except for the light day. For the light day instead of alternating between a light upperbody day for one week and a light lowerbody day for the next week I am doing a light full body workout using a combination of exercises from both weeks. So one day I do pause squat, spoto press and chin ups and I was wondering if I should do romanian deadlifts or just lighter deadlifts, this way I am deadlifting (or a variation) twice every week
>>
What does "bread is empty calories" even mean?
It has carbs. Does it mean that carbs are useless? Is this true?
>>
This is more of a rant

I was watching some squat video on youtube today. In the sidebar i saw a "proper squat form for women" or some shit like that. Some trainer was using a model to demonstrate his "proper" squat form, and it looked stupid as hell.
>dont go too low
>stick your butt way out
>something about inner thighs being used too much if toes pointed someway, so turn your toes the other way to work your butt more

Why are women so stupid/gullible? You don't see a "squatting for men" guide. I really thought they would catch on with the marketing at some point. These bullshit trainers are telling them they will break their back and knees if they do these 20pound squats wrong, and they eat that shit up.
>>
>>35465762

Sodium cycle a week out and increase water to two gallons/day. Hit a small deficit.
>>
>>35465977

Empty calories are calories without any real nutrition. So added sugar are empty calories because they up the calorie count without added any vitamins or minerals.

I've never heard of bread being called empty calories.
>>
>>35465610

Go see a physical therapist. They'll look at what's going on and treat it accordingly. Things like runner's knee and jumper's knee for example are treated differently so someone needs to look at you in person to help.
>>
>>35465899
>I've heard cardio trains the body to utilize energy better ultimately increasing BMR. Is there a lick of truth to this?

I don't really know, but if it did I'd imagine it's probably by a negligible amount.
>>
>>35463556
Pretty quick, just drop the numbers for a couple workout and work your way up. You should be back to your old form quickly.

>>35465451
Boxers look very fit because they train for endurance. After taking up boxing recently a couple 3 minuet round on the heavy bag is way harder on your stamina then you would think. With the high endurance training they just have very little bodyfat, so whatever muscle they do have is more visible. Lifting is a general term since you don't list a goal of the program. If you want to lift weights to look like a boxer, then i think you should just take up boxing

>>35465977 Empty calories is just buzz word they use. Carbs have benefits for providing lasting energy in your muscles. Just count macros if your scared of gaining weight.
>>
Are green coffee bean extract pills bullshit? I find myself having almost no energy lately but all the reviews on Amazon seem shady as fuck. Anyone know if they work? Or if there's something better?
>>
>>35466049
ive been, they avoided surgery but never have never given me supports. I just want something for walking/hiking. Would the same application be good for running or squating?
Im about to go just but some rubber band thing from Target but I figured Id ask for input here
>>
File: download_20160101_220707.jpg (53KB, 404x480px) Image search: [Google]
download_20160101_220707.jpg
53KB, 404x480px
What are the differences between whey and casine, and went is it beneficial to use one over the other?
>>
What's the worst ?

Too much carbs or too much sugar ?
>>
>>35466374
sugar is a carb.
ffs /fit.
>>
is there any tricep exercises that won't fuck up my elbows?
>>
>>35466370
it is literally the first result on google.
but to sum it up: whey is fast digesting and casein is slow digesting. have some casein before sleep so you don't go into starvation mode while asleep.
>>
if creatine isn't cheating how does it help at all?
>>
>>35466370
casein is absorbed slower over time
whey is 3 preotons
>>
Is it wrong to skip one of the two rest days of SL?

I mean, usually its AxBxAxx or BxAxBxx
What happens if I do AxBxAxBxAxB....? Would it be good or bad for gains?
>>
>>35466463
define "fuck up", do you mean like long term or just short term pain?
I avoid skullcrushers and dips because they seem to put a lot of pressure on my elbows.
Instead I just use the meme rope for tricep pushdowns. no pain etc, feels good
>>
>>35465899
if you do the same cardio over and over (aka cycling/swimming for a longer time) your body gets more efficient at that movement and uses less energy. but not by too much, your body still has to move and is not breaking any laws of thermodynamics.

however, you should also be better at cardio then so you can run faster/longer/more often.

it will also be better for cardiovascular health (unless you REALLY overdo it).

in the scenario that you had, there is no net gain (except better health and better lungs and the carryover into normie sports like soccer etc)
>>
>>35465403
>>35465805
Alright, I'll check out the book too. Thanks guys
>>
>>35466470
more water in muscle-->more mass
the water also helps performance

it is not cheating because creatine is free of side effects if you drink enough and its naturally in meat or fish. if creatine could not be substituted, people who wanted a creatine effect would eat a kilo of meat a day instead.
>>
>>35466541
Oh I didn't know it was in food. Makes a bit of sense now.

okay here's a super dumb question
if you take a high dose of creatine, would you be able to hear the water in your muscles if you shake them?
>>
>>35465497
Your heels are coming off the floor and you're straightening your legs before you're pulling with your back. From this perspective, my guess is the bar is too far forward rather than over your midfoot, so you're having to lean to accommodate. Your spinal position is great though.
>>
>>35466486
bump
>>
I feel like I get judged if I go to the gym because I'm fat and I go alone because none of my buddies want to go with me. No matter how much I tell myself "at least I am trying" I always feel like I'm being looked down on because I can't lift as much as others should in my age and weight range.

I looked up other places and I read that pools are good especially in the early morning when no one is there. I know how to swim, and there is a free one in my neighborhood that opens in a couple months.

Would that be a good alternative to going to the gym just to get at the "physically fit" physique?
>>
File: banneddubs.png (203KB, 1548x546px) Image search: [Google]
banneddubs.png
203KB, 1548x546px
Why do our mods suck?
>>
>>35466902
>I always feel like I'm being looked down on..
I almost pay no attention to others around me. i usually just check people's form and occasionally watch if they're doing something particularly weird and/or heavy. The point I'm trying to make is that most people at the gym are just trying to lift some heavy ass weights and for the most part don't care what's going on around them. If you feel like they're 'looking down on you' or whatever than fuck em
>>
>>35466902

unless no-one is straight up bullying you then why do you give a shit what people might be thinking? almost everyone here started lifting less than average. suck it up and stick to whatever routine you're doing
>>
File: 1426043426478.jpg (23KB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
1426043426478.jpg
23KB, 300x245px
>>35466666
>>
>>35466987
I just want to take the "other people" factor out

I am really self conscious and I only want to show my best self, which isn't at the gym. The gym is a painful slap in the face for me as I see guys lift twice my body weight while I'm standing there trying to focus on my form and not give out on my 15ib dumbell curls. I get embarrassed and it really makes me want to give up.

I just think that if there's a place I can work out alone with just myself I can get to where I want to be so a pool where I am basically alone for a couple hours seems perfect for me. I just want to know if it's a good place to shed pounds and add some meat to my bones.
>>
I'm lean but my abs never show, no matter how low my bf% is. What should I do?
>>
>>35467105

so what you're saying is you don't have any abs? your existence must be difficult
>>
>>35467104
I guess the difference between me and you is that i take the more advanced lifters as motivation rather than discouragement.

Listen to what this guy said >>35467000

Everyone starts somewhere man.

And I guess if you got the money and space a home gym would work. If I had the resources I set one up in an instant
>>
File: Masterdubs6.jpg (761KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Masterdubs6.jpg
761KB, 2000x1000px
>>35466666

Witnessed
>>
>>35463245
I used to work with a guy who would cut them off with nail clippers.
>>
>>35465881
Trappy girl you everywhere <3
>>
Will building a home gym get me the same results as an actual gym? It would be cheaper in the long term to build my own gym, but I fear it won't bear the same results.
>>
File: reeee.jpg (261KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
reeee.jpg
261KB, 900x900px
>>35467263
Why the fuck wouldn't it? Do weights get less heavy at home?
>>
File: checkem.jpg (60KB, 934x625px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.jpg
60KB, 934x625px
Any oldfags have any pics of Ennui from when he used to post here? Ennui pls
>>
>>35467263

unless you have a wizard cast the necessary incantations on your weights, as all good commercial gyms do, then they'll be ineffective for gains.
>>
>>35466573
No you will shit out the excess water. Your muscles will only take in a certain amount
>>
If i want to get any bigger should i follow a specific routine somebody else has made or can i keep shoving food in me while doing my own workout and still git gains?
>>
>>35467263
Fuck yea it will. You'll be able to grunt and scream and shit and you'll be much stronger as a result
>>
How do people drink shakes with oats in them? It's so lumpy I can't chug it
>>
is PPLxPPL too much for a natty lifter?

i tried it out but i end up just feeling fatigued 24/7
>>
>>35467556
Shit I was changing my program to PPL tomorrow I hope it's doable
>>
>>35467536

you don't chug. you drink and chew
>>
>>35467536
Blend longer and faster.
>>
Is a flexion to 90° the full ROM of a dip? And how do I make sure that I hit full ROM throughout the exercise? I think my mind muscle connection is somehow misguiding.
Sorry for bad english, it is not my first language
>>
>>35467556
Ease into it by doing 3x5 on compounds and minimal accessories. Add sets/ exercises as you go. I think it's a good routine if you don't drink much alcohol and get good sleep and diet is on point. The volume probably isn't totally
Necessary but if you like it do it.
>>
File: qt.jpg (259KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
259KB, 1365x2048px
Will BCAA's make me depressed? I have chronic depression and take pills for it. It seems like BCAAs should theoretically make me more depressed.

How long is the ideal workout? Can I lift for an hour and then do cardio for another hour? Can I do two workouts a day?

w2c gf?
>>
Can you "make up" calories between days? For example if I don't meet my macros one day can I eat extra the next day to make up for it?
>>
>>35463281
Dude you can't just keep eating your poop. Eventually there will be less nutrients in it & less of it & you will die.
>>
>>35467657
No. This is why people are "skinnyfat" yet claim to eat a lot [on average]. You're burning muscle one day & storing fat the next. Or if you work out, you're burning slightly less muscle, but still burning muscle.

Consistency is key. Buy some bulking powder & force it down your throat, princess.
>>
>>35467618
You can go deeper than 90 for more stretch. You can get a good workout either way. Its not powerlifting, there is no ref who's going to redlight you. You can get an intense burn from doing 1/4 reps.... its a technique like drop sets. Just don't 1/4 rep on every exercise as an excuse to add more weight, you'll look like a tool & eventually get hurt. Not because full reps magically are better for you, but because 1/4 reps will encourage ego lifting.
>>
>>35467657
If you want, probably doesn't matter much either way. One day of insufficient calories/macros won't screw you up though, just like one day of overeating doesn't break a diet.

>>35467643
BCAAs probably won't have a huge impact on clinical depression to my knowledge.

There is no ideal length to a workout. If you want to do cardio after lifting, that's fine. Just d9nt overdo it to the point where it eats into your recovery.

>>35467618
Lowering your chest to the level of the bars would be what I'd consider full range of motion. Try to imagine like doing a decline bench press.

>>35467556
It depends on the setup of the PPL. Exercise selection and volume make or break splits.

>>35467405
Suggested routines are suggested for a reason. They're balanced and have reliable methods for ensuring progression. Don't try to build a program until you have an understanding of the fundamentals necessary for building a routine.

>>35467105
You aren't as lean as you think then.
>>
>>35467643
1. Bcaas do nothing except make doms a little less shitty as a beginner. http://examine.com/supplements/Branched+Chain+Amino+Acids/

2. http://scoobysworkshop.com/how-long/
>>
I want to join a gym that is near my work. I work third shift and would probably go after my shift, at ~8am ish. What kind of people will I find there at that time? There's a few around that are national chains, do they have stereotypes? I don't want to be too out of place
>>
>>35467910
You'll find the freaks at the gym no matter what time you go. Generally I've found that legit lifting bros go later at night to avoid the 6pm after work crowd.

Just make sure the gym you pick has the proper weightlifting equipment and isn't too crowded. Stay the fuck away from planet fitness and any gym that tries to be planet fitness.
>>
>>35467960
thanks, that helps
>>
Does anyone else's ass get really sweaty? Its really embarrassing to leave sweat marks on the bench and machines I use.

What do?
>>
>>35468030
Wipe the machines, it is normal to get sweaty, ass and ball regions included
>>
>>35468030
You don't need to care. Everyone that is actually working out is the same. Only beta males wipe down benchs and equipment
>>
>>35468047
>wipe the machines
Beta male detected
>>
Should I switch from SL to Greyskull? Don't know if squats and deads in the same day are too much, and I like the idea of the third set to be 5+ so I've been considering switching but I don't know if it is a good idea to switch this early.

Been doing SL for two months and my stats are
>171 cm manlet xtreme
>dead 100kg
>squat 80kg
>ohp 42.5
>bench 50kg
>row 60kg
>>
>>35468063
I only want the worthy to come into contact with my fluids or my fedora
>>
>>35468129
Forgot weight
>66kg
>>
So I've got an extremely large amount of whey protein and vitamin supplements and little in the way of actual food and my financial situation doesn't allow me to go restock the fridge, would there by any harm in just drinking whey with water and taking vitamins for roughly around a month?
>>
File: 1437805998529.gif (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1437805998529.gif
24KB, 200x200px
>>35467714
>>35467731

Thanks Anons.
>>
>>35468173
Definitely not an ideal situation, but you have to make do with what you've got.

If I was in your situation, I would take the whey and multivitamins then go buy real food as soon as I was able
>>
>training jiu jitsu 3 times per week
>have 3x 24g protein shakes every day

How will my body turn out? Will it bulk or get more solid or what
>>
>>35468216
Protein shakes are a waste. Eat real food.
>>
File: stress ball frog.png (364KB, 564x1086px) Image search: [Google]
stress ball frog.png
364KB, 564x1086px
HOW THE FUCK DO I GET MY CALVES BIGGER
>>
most likely torn ligaments on my ankle, when I get a permission to start lifting again from my doctor how should I go about on squats?
start extremely low weight? should I get some kind of support on my ankle just in case?
>>
>>35468246
genetics
>>
Why do all the chinese people use the gym at night (me included)?
>>
>>35468246
It's genetics. You can do calf exercises like calf raises, but they won't do much, like 1cm of growth.

>>35468261
>most likely torn ligaments on my ankle, when I get a permission to start lifting again from my doctor how should I go about on squats?
Ask your doctor.

>start extremely low weight?
Ask your doctor.

>should I get some kind of support on my ankle just in case?
Ask your doctor.
>>
>>35468246
1 x childhood obesity
>>
>>35468246
be obese for a few years, 24/7 calf exercises really make them big.
>>
Planning on buying some zinc pills but wondering if I should get the 50mg or 30mg pills. Any thoughts?
>>
How wide should my grip be for pull-ups?
>>
im 19, getting into the whole fit thing and cutting right now, ive heard omega 3 pills are some good shit, should i buy those?
>>
Im skinnyfat and want to start lifting. should i cut or bulk? im leaning towards cutting unless someone convinces me otherwise.
6'5 ~175 pounds
>>
So I'm a bartender at a restaurant and my hours vary a lot which fucks with having consistent eating and sleeping schedules. Some days I'm there 8am-5pm4, some days 6pm-4am, sometimes 5-10, etc. And my work schedule changes every week.

Any tips for structuring a workout and eating plan that can accomodate my dynamic schedule?
>>
>>35468173
You are going to have a pretty bad case of diarrhea, hemorrhoids or worse, do permanent damage to your fucking digestive system.

If you are still going to do it at least supplement a lot of fiber.

>>35468630
If you are starting out just make sure you eat enough any time during the day. Doesn't really matter how you space your meals as long as it is not too crazy. I too work long hours and if I need to workout afterwards I normally take a decent serving of preworkout.
>>
I'm bulking and it's going great but I'm a bit too chubby to carry on bulking and if I do I won't be able to get lean enough for summer. However, I feel like I have definitely not built up enough strength or mass to cut.

What do?

Should I cut now then recomp till i feel comfortable to bulk again?
>>
>>35468577
The grip width isn't what's going to make or break anything. Pick a width that's comfortable for you and go with that for a while. You can use changes in grip width (or hand position i.e. pronated, supinated, neutral) to vary the exercise over time in order not to go stale.

>>35468591
Don't ever purchase a supplement because you "heard it's good shit". Do some research and make an educated decision or you will be fucked in the ass by the supplement industry.

That said, you can always go to Examine.com and search for whatever supplement you're interested in, and you will get a nice short summary of whether it's useful or bullshit.

>>35468621
Just eat healthy and focus on improving your performance on the big basic exercise and see if things won't sort themselves out over time.
If that fails and you keep looking like crap, forget everything else for a while and just cut HARD in order to get yourself a better starting point.

That's just my opinion of course.
>>
>>35468720
Your bulk ends when you're too fat, regardless of how strong or weak you feel you are. This isn't debatable.
>>
>>35468129
I feel that they are more of less the same thing- focusing on linear progression, building strength. SL is a bit more idiot proof although I think 5x5 is a little too much volume.

Shouldn't be a big deal switching though I suggest sticking to SL until you get a fair bit more stronger.
>>
Is yoga a good idea?
>>
I took a break of 10 days from the gym during holidays and when I went back for the first time I did the same routine but with like 80% of the weight, with no problems. Next time I went though, my quads were literally burning when doing squats. Is this simple DOMS? Usually squatting made DOMS better, but this time it was kinda getting worse after each set..
>>
>>35468812
Yes this is DOMS. Always happens if you stop working a muscle group for some time. You should get back to your usual self in a few days.
>>
>>35468796
Obviously depends on what you're hoping to achieve...

>>35468812
If, as you say, it literally felt like a burning sensation, it could be nerve related. I wouldn't get all freaked out just yet though. Continue training normally and see if things don't sort themselves out.
>>
Where can I find some good recipes and meal plans for starting out? Googling "healthy recipes" gives too many pages of click-bait shit, I'm wondering if there are some /fit/ approved recipe sites out there?
>>
>>35468835
Thanks

>>35468846
It's that kind of burn you feel when doing like abs or calf exercises. I usually felt general exhaustion during squats, not just a burn in my quads. But it's probably DOMS so I'll just keep going normally.
>>
>>35468859
>that kind of burn you feel when doing like abs or calf exercises
No need to worry then.
I find that some days you have a better mind-muscle connection and manage to recruit the primary muscles to a higher degree than usually, which results in a bigger pump even when doing low reps. It's a good thing when you get this feeling.
It could also be that you were cutting your rest periods a bit shorter than usual, letting more metabolic stress accumulate.
>>
Tired of chicken and beef is too expensive.

If i could i would get all my protein from my whey shakes since whey is the cheapest protein source but obviously i need diversity.

What protein sources that aren't loaded up with carbs/fat?
>>
>>35469043
>What protein sources that aren't loaded up with carbs/fat?
What does it matter if there are carbs or fats?
>>
Do I need to retract my scapula on Dumbbell Flyes?
>>
>>35469043
Seitan
>>
>>35469099
People have recommended yogurt (Incomplete amino acids) and Cottage cheese (Loaded with sugar).

I'm cutting hard right now and i want to get 140g of protein while eating less than 60g of carbs.
>>
>>35469108
Seitan is not readily available or cheap

when will the fad end?
>>
>>35469111
>Cottage cheese (Loaded with sugar).
Mate there's almost no sugar in cottage cheese...

Anyway, lean ground beef isn't that expensive, is it?
Different kinds of pork are very affordable as well.
>>
>>35469043
Tuna.
>>
>>35469127
Buy it as wheat gluten in bulk, make it yourself.
It's not a complete protein, but I experimented with it last year to find a less fatty alternative to donner kebabs.

Although I got the flavour right, the texture was not great. It unfortunately suffers from the same flaw of every vegetarian food that has the "taste and texture of real meat!", in that these people do not eat meat and are way off the mark.

It makes good mock pulled pork, though. It can be a little more rubbery than real pork, so takes a bit more effort to hash up, but it works.
>>
File: uwotdex.png (809KB, 615x711px) Image search: [Google]
uwotdex.png
809KB, 615x711px
>>35469111
>cottage cheese loaded with sugar
>as opposed to yogurt
>>
>>35469103
Bump
>>
>>35463138
Does lower back soreness after squats indicate butt wink problems?
>>
>>35469157
If you cook it with soy sauce its a complete protein
>>
>>35468780
Thank you, I'll stick with it until I can't progress even with 3x5. Then they should be fairly similar to experiment which is better
>>
>>35463345
DOCTOR
O
C
T
O
R
>>
What do people think of pull up bars? I'd like to get one to start doing pull ups at home so I can eventually do them properly at the gym. I live in a fairly old building so I'm pretty worried that it might fuck with my door frame.
>>
>>35469411
Normal soy sauce, like you would get in Chinese food?
I did not know that. Thanks anon!
>>
I got 3 questions for the gods of /fit/

1) Creatine while cutting. Is it worth it?

2) Ive been on a beginner routine for 2 years. My gains are less prominent now and would like to move on. I workout 3 times a week. I feel i could do 4 now. Should i move onto a PPL routine?
All i have available is a barbell, rack and a pullup bar. (inherited a home gym). What routine would be sufficient?

3) Anyone use pic related? Fitbit thing. Got it for xmas. Figured it was useless for lifting but may use it to start some cardio on my off days. Is it shit or actually useful>?
>>
I've fucking around with ground turkey since the price wasn't so bad. Holy shit this stuff great, texture of beef with the taste of bird.

Anyone know some good brands? Regular ones you see at the normal grocery store no obscure brands only available and your mom and pop health food nut store.
>>
>>35465361
Thanks senpai. Any specific exercises I can do for that?
>>35465805
Foam roll, check. Thanks senpai!
>>
>>35465492
If you're doing SS then cardio should not be a primary concern. If you want it to be, switch to another program (couch to 5k is a good one). I'm doing SS now and hop on the treadmill for about 5-10 minutes before each workout because I'm a fatass that could do with the warmup.
>>
I'm stuck at 2pl8 deadlift+squat, i feel like i could do more but i get a kind of tight feeling in my butt/hamstrings

i wouldn't call it pain, but I'm worried because it lasts for several days sometimes and fucks up my rom
>>
File: Pic Related.jpg (32KB, 394x375px) Image search: [Google]
Pic Related.jpg
32KB, 394x375px
I used a barbell on one of those safety rack things with a cord attached to it and I managed to squat lmao1pl8 finally using it.

Are those things easier than doing it without the safety wire thing on it?

Pic related, it was sort've like this but instead of bars holding it in place it had a cord like a circuit machine.
>>
Anyone have that infographic about bodyweight progressions?
>>
>>35466902
Nobody judges you at the gym. If they do, the thought process will be roughly 'Oh, look at that fat guy / gal, good for them, hope they make it.' It's a very supportive place.
>>
File: 1427155477928.jpg (9KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1427155477928.jpg
9KB, 211x246px
>>35467694
>burning muscle in a single day
>>
>>35466486
I do this with SS and it hasn't affected my noob gains so far, I'm two months in. Imo I'm super bored during the double rest day and usually crave for it to be over. Plus it's more of a hassle than it needs to be to keep track of "wait, is this my double rest day? or one of my singles? let me go back and check" etc. Now it's as simple as "Well I didn't go yesterday, so I go today"
>>
>>35468857
Please response
>>
>>35466486
>>35469906
If you can do it and hit the required reps then thats fine. However you should be constantly adding weight to the bar. If you can work without the extra day, chances are you arnt maximizing your potential lifting amount. Keep adding weight to the bar, eventually you will need the extra day or you will fail your lifts.
>>
r squats diddlys and ohp enough leg workout ?
>>
>>35469730
My friend has one. Only thing it offers beyond any other trackers is that it monitors sleep, so can tell you if you are sleeping deep enough to recover.
>>
A little over two months into SS and I took about a week, maybe a week and a half off because of the holidays and a few other reasons that all happened to line up. When I got back into the gym yesterday I found it much noticeably harder to accomplish the lifts I was doing just before this mini-hiatus. Is this normal? I also went at a time I wasn't used to, could this be a factor? (8am instead of ~midnight)
>>
File: 24[1].jpg (72KB, 600x609px) Image search: [Google]
24[1].jpg
72KB, 600x609px
>>35469957
yeah, i figured it would be useful to tell me how inactive i have been in terms of steps. i work an office job so ill probably hit less than 3k steps a day.

>>35469730
>35469730
>>35469730
>>35469730
pls respond /fit/
>>
>>35469374
I think it did for me. Squat-mornings will also bring it on, as will other things I bet. I'd suggest re-reading the pertinent bits of the SS book and getting form checks.
>>
File: bodyweight666.jpg (573KB, 2037x2160px) Image search: [Google]
bodyweight666.jpg
573KB, 2037x2160px
>>35469861
1/2
>>
File: startbodyweight.jpg (922KB, 1562x4158px) Image search: [Google]
startbodyweight.jpg
922KB, 1562x4158px
>>35469861
2/2
>>
>>35469849
Likely poor form on squats doing good-mornings on the way up and back rounding on deads. Focus only on pushing your hips in a humping motion for both at the bottom.

>>35469756
Dynamic stretches. Bob in and out of the stretch; do that thing Goku always did before fighting people with one leg far out and do butterfly stretches post workout as a static hold. Try lunges as an exercise.

>>35469730
Creatine is helpful for nearly everything. Sure, Greyskull.

Useful for cardio, but I just use http://scoobysworkshop.com/calories-burned/ and enter in 4 different variations of my everyday routine for a good estimate on calories burned.

>>35469682
If you buy a 5lb bag of soy beans ($15) you can make soy powder for months. Way less sodium too. 4 parts gluten, 1 part soy flour. Tastes way better. Soak the beans for 8-24 hours, bring to a boil and simmer 20-25min, then put in the oven at 275°F for a couple of hours until completely dry. Blend into a flour.

>>35469639
Mine broke. May harm your door frame.

>>35469356
Yes. Any exercise where you have your arms out benefits from it.
>>
>>35469958
I've been off for about two weeks from holidays then my kid getting sick. first day back tomorrow and I'm dreading how weak i'm going to feel.
>>
>>35470009
>>35470015

Thanks, bruh.
>>
How can I avoid killing myself when doing bench presses

t. noob
>>
>>35470024
Best of luck my man. My best guess is that it'll take us a few days of getting back into the groove and things will be fine :-)
>>
>>35470032

Retract your scapula. Look it up. Funny black man has a video on it. Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34XRmd3a8_0
>>
File: 1451738325542.png (20KB, 603x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1451738325542.png
20KB, 603x1103px
>>35468857
>>35469920
sorry dude i don't know about good recipe websites. i usually
>look for recipes with the healthy ingredient i want to eat (e.g. oats, broccoli)
>go to all the clickbait BS slideshow websites and food blogs on google
>alter recipes so they are healthier / more according to my preferences
>experiment until i find a keeper

there are some /fit/ recipes floating around, here come some 1/3
>>
File: 1451738619182.jpg (522KB, 1184x2932px) Image search: [Google]
1451738619182.jpg
522KB, 1184x2932px
>>35470086
2/3
>>
File: 1451739318474.png (172KB, 773x732px) Image search: [Google]
1451739318474.png
172KB, 773x732px
>>35470092
3/3
>>
>>35469639
myself i've used a friction one and never damaged anything or slipped, but i'm not very heavy (<150lb)

>>35468796
IMO it is, it helps to complement lifting by strengthening your joints and improving your ROM. also gives you mental gainz

>>35468577
if you do close grip it'll hit the biceps more, wider/normal grip the lats (I read so in convict conditioning idk if it's bullshit)
>>
>>35470018
Thanks for the soy bean tip, anon.
I prefer to avoid tofu completely, but still eat soy in small quantities. 1/5 ratio in mock meat isn't so bad.

I like my seitan quite dense, but have yet to find a good way of binding it while cooking.
Do you have any tips for that?
I hear corn leaf might work well, due to the natural polymers, but I cant eat sweetcorn, so haven't had a chance to try it.

Not a vegan, just an omnivore that doesn't believe a good low fat protein source should be just for those on special meat free diets.
If only all vegan posting was just healthy recipe sharing and diet tips, rather than "why haven't you accepted my magical meatless wonder fad, you evil animal rapist!".
>>
>>35470092
Olive oil for pancakes? Corn Oil or Vegetable Oil seem like a much better choice.
>>
>>35469374
Could be pitching forward in the hole, which means you have to goodmorning the weight back into the groove. Film yourself squatting something heavy and see if you shoot forwards coming out of the bottom. Remedy: pause squats and trying to stay more upright on the way down.
>>
>>35470263
Olive oil in a pan is bad for the nonstick anyways. Vegetable oil is better in general. Coconut oil could give the pancakes a nice taste, though.
>>
Has anyone had any reported better sprinting speed after bigger calves/quads?
>>
>>35470241

Same here with the omnivore thing. I use about 1/2 to 2/3 the water as flours mixed with some hot sauce, sweet and sour, teriyaki, or
others occasionally. When I'm feeling lazy, I just use straight water. Try baking at 425°F for 20-30 min for more hardness. Use boiling
water for mixing in instead of cold for a more instant meal. Mixing celery/carrots to the flour for consistency helps a ton, although you'll
want to cut them into small pieces. Celery and carrots could be subbed for any vegetable, like broccoli or onions.
>>
>>35470326
finely diced onion always worked well when I was making donner meat with it, but that would of needed onions anyway if I was using lamb.

I can see how something like grated carrot or celery fibres would help give a more flakey texture like meat.
I never managed to get a perfect steak out of it, and that might help a lot more than the chickpeas etc that are usually suggested on veggie sites.
>>
>>35470018
Too right. Wrote that in my notebook for tomorrow.
>>
>>35470241
personally i'm vegetarian, was vegan for a long time, and just keep my mouth shut about it unless it comes up because most people don't care. some other people i know are like that. i think it's just shitposters doing the vegan BS

>inb4 he said he's vegan kill this fag
>>
I have wide hips, am I done?
>>
>>35470445
Kill the vegan!

Nah, just kidding. You eat eggs and dairy. You're going to vegan hell along with the rest of us meat eaters.
>>
Is it wrong that I started exercising for better sleep?
>>
>>35470574

Nah. Health and fitness is 70% nutrition, 20% rest, and 10% exercise. An incomplete in anything is an F, but exercise is the least important with diet being first.
>>
>>35464635
It's big and it looks smooth af.
>>
hey /fit/ how important is warmup and stretching before/after a workout?
>>
>>35470574
If the cause of your insomnia is excess energy, then no. In my opinion it's no different from burning excess energy to lose weight.

If there is another underlying cause that isn't fixed by improving your overall health, and you are doing it just to fatigue yourself, then deal with that problem first.
>>
>>35470636

Dynamic stretching and warming up help ensure you don't pull anything. It's like bending metal without heating it first; shit's gonna bend poorly.
>>
>>35470489
Post pic
>>
>>35470654

I have ADHD. I'm full of energy.
>>
>>35470669
Then it is actually recommended by some doctors as a way of managing your condition in general, as it's a controlled way of expending energy, and helps with anxiety and impulsive behaviour.
>>
Skinnyfat grill about 115lbs - should I be eating at a surplus to gain muscle or will that just make me fat? Been lifting for about 3 months and not making significant improvements.
>>
>>35470765

Muscle mass isn't formed magically. It requires the binding of amino acids to form a complete protein. Your body only prioritizes muscle building while in an anabolic state. Take
a guess whether you should hit a surplus.
>>
What's the correct form for BB rolls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efgcAjQe7E

https://youtu.be/EP2g3Sj3qSw?t=24m51s
>>
>>35470813
Makes sense, thanks!
>>
>>35468857

>>35454743
>>
>>35470851
I'll add one more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8l_8chR5BE
>>
>>35470489
on the contrary, you've just started
you need to get your upper body twice as bug as everybody to compensate for your hips
>>
I asked in the last thread an didn't get a reply.

I'm rubbish at racking my power cleans and usually catch it like I'm about to The Press it and then just roll it onto my delta, so I'm fucking up my shoulders pretty bad.

Would swapping them for front squats for a few weeks help with flexibility and just getting a feel for the rack position ? Could also help with getting better stability for pulling myself under the bar, maybe?

I'm on SS, switching to TM some time soon, would it mess with my back squatting?
>>
>>35470961
just do high pulls
there'sno reason to rack the bar unless you want to learn oly lifting
>>
>SL 5x5
>30min on the exercise bike after
>off days home cardio (p90 type stuff)
>500 cal deficit

Will I make it guys? I want to lose 15kg, lost 11kg already thanks to my diet.
I'll do this for 3 months and switch to 4 day PPL.
>>
File: OUcEY[1].png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY[1].png
47KB, 547x465px
I want to add some accessories to pic related; I was thinking DB curls, something for the triceps, and leg press calf raises. On what day should I do those exercises? What's a good exercise for the triceps?
>>
>>35470009
>>35470015

How long would it take for a borderline skinnyfat to get reasonably fit doing these things?
>>
>>35471110
∞
>>
>>35471094
>I'll do this for 3 months and switch to 4 day PPL.
no
dothis until end of linear progression then you decide
also I'd advise you to do ss instead which will make your progression on weight easier and give you more time for cardio if you want to lose weight
>>
How many concentration curls should you be able to do in a set before you move up in weight?
>>
>>35471183
I mean I could just do 3x5 SL, I would rather do BB rolls.
Who knows where ill end up after 3-4 months but Im pretty sure I'll lose the weight. If body wise I still look like day 1 then Ill want to switch to PPL to get the body goal going.
>>
>>35471097
Legs on 3, Tris on 2, Bis on 1

>>35471110
You'll plateau after 6 months.

>>35471202
>>
>>35471235
>I mean I could just do 3x5 SL, I would rather do BB rolls.
that's what I meant, as there's a ss varation with bbrows
ppl will hinder your progress if you're still a noob wait for end of linear progression to switch
don't cut too hard if you still wanna gains or alternatively, cut and when you've finished your cut, do a beginner programm to do a real linear progressiob
>>
>>35471307
I would rather start lifting then continue with just the diet. Yes my noob gains will be shit because Ill be cutting hard but fuck it.
When will I know its time to start PPL? When I keep needing to deload?
>>
How many hours after my last meal should I wait before taking yohimbine hcl?
>>
I'm a noob at weights and I can't break parallel in squats, not even with bodyweight. I have progressed with half squats but I want to do the exercise right. Any advice? I think its a lack of equilibrium.
>>
What app do you recommend? There was one where you got points and levelled up, forgot the name.
>>
What do /fit/ thinks about this article?
http://skinnyfattransformation.com/why-you-shouldnt-do-starting-strength-as-a-beginner/
>>
>>35471960
I find it extremely strange that you're unable to break parallel with a bodyweight squat, if you've ever walked up a flight of stairs you should be able to do a full squat. As a solution, I'd recommend doing somthing similar to Scooby's skateboard squat (you really don't need a skateboard, just do it against a reasonably smooth wall) or leg press or something along those lines
>>
What the fuck is going on with strengthstandards.co?
>>
Started lifting a month ago. 22% bodyfat, bulk or cut?
>>
>>35472275
Cut
>>
>>35472275
Jesus christ anon, cut down to 15% at the very least.
>>
>>35472245
I can do it, it doesn't hurt or anything. The problem is that I tremble a lot and I start falling. If I hold myself with something (a door, a table) then I have no problem. But how can I progress with weight If I'm stumbling like a retard on the squat rack? (Sorry, english is my second language).
>>
>>35471960
Probably one of two things wrong (or both of these). You don't know how to brace properly or you don't know you're supposed to let your body sink down between your thighs rather than just fold together.
In either case, goblet squats daily will solve the issue.
>>
How do I bodyfat? Are you guys using the online calculators? How are they correct if they don't count muscle mass?
>>
>>35472398
It sounds like you have a pretty severe balance issue, have you noticed you have poor balance in everyday life or is it specific to the squat? If its specific to the squat I'd take the advice of >>35472437
If not, then I'd see a doctor
>>
>>35472516
>How do I bodyfat?
Accurately? Calipers.

> Are you guys using the online calculators?
Not accurate enough, especially considering most people don't have a fucking clue how to measure.

>How are they correct if they don't count muscle mass?
Do you lift? If not, just post a pic and everyone here can guestimate what you are.
>>
>>35472398
Have you tried standing wider. Your heels should be at about shoulder widhth with your toes pointing slighty out.
>>
>>35472516
Buy a caliper and read up on how to use it. Do several measurements and average it out. Use that as a general estimate.

Online calculators suck.
>>
I have irregular knee pains. As in, here and there my knees hurt in some varying way, but it usually goes away.

I've recently noticed it's quite painful for my knees when I do wall-sits. Any more experienced guy that can deduce anything from this? Some sort of imbalance, or any other issue? Should I care?
>>
I've got some shoulder pain after I moved a heavy door. Is there any way to determine whether it's a sprain or if it's a tear?
>>
Are women turned off by like heroin addict mode skinny?

People say I'm already skinny enough @145ish lbs 15% bf, but I'd like to drop to 130 pounds and see how low body fat I can get.
>>
>>35472789
No decent woman would be turned on by an unhealthy body.
>>
>>35472789
Are you turned on by corpse-mode? If not then you should probably gain a bit of weight bruv.
>>
Isn't Mehdi from SL talking about pendlay rows when talking and showing bb rows? I'm no expert but it looks like hes doing pendlay rows
>>
>>35472812
kind off thinspo desu.

I'm not that weak also.

but I guess I'm more interested in dropping to 9% than dropping to 130 lbs.

But I think at 9% i'll look skeleton
>>
>>35472789
Relating to this, what you should do if you are skinnyfat and everyone say: bulk, but you are far from being 12% bodyfat even if you are a skele.?
>>
>>35472863
skinnyfat is the absolute worst mode to get out of. Some people recommend bulking just to get some muscle off the floor, some people recommend cutting down to 12%.

Either way, you should be lifting.
>>
>>35472814
Yeah, he's doing pendlay rows, and that's what you should be doing if you're doing SL
>>
>>35472884
Thanks
>>
File: wqeffqwwq.jpg (3MB, 5832x2872px) Image search: [Google]
wqeffqwwq.jpg
3MB, 5832x2872px
>>35472878
I posted my current pic yesterday and most people told me to bulk. Since I was a fatass and I lost almost 10 k, everyone tells me that I'm really skinny now (my arms and legs), but I don't like my body. What would you do?
>>
>>35472957
You didn't lift while you lost weight, did you?

Yes, for chrissake, lift and bulk. Do SS.
>>
File: no bully.jpg (1MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
no bully.jpg
1MB, 2322x4128px
>>35472863
i dont think i'm skelly mode yet
>>
File: no bully again.jpg (446KB, 1266x1900px) Image search: [Google]
no bully again.jpg
446KB, 1266x1900px
>>35472974
one more pic
>>
Is decline bench press a meme or is it actually a good exercise for developing chest mass?
>>
>>35472998
>decline bench press
Do it anyway.
>>
>>5472970
I started with SL in october, but I keep stalling since I was on a deficit. However, I started dieting in may. (I was moving and traveling, also I was too stupid to know about weightlifting). I never had much muscle to begin with, I was always a weakling. My maintenance is 2000 calories, should a 2200 calorie bulk do it?
>>
>>35472970

Shit, this is for you
>>35473025
>>
File: 3.jpg (311KB, 2081x1107px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
311KB, 2081x1107px
about 5 months ago i posted the first pictures and asked /fit/ what should i do,i was told to bulk for some months and then cut.i've been eating a shit ton of food based on the sticy method of how many cal i should get.the pictures of below is me 1 month ago and i still feel very skinny (and yes,i know its not just a feel,i am) but i am also developing a big amount of bodyfat in my belly,maybe around 20%
What should i do? keep bulking or cut? im also worried about the amount of muscle mass im going to lose if cut
p.s: sorry for my bad english
>>
I know waist trainers dont permanently shape your waist, but i do want to bring mine in a bit. Are these safe to work out in ? I heard somewhere that they weaken your abdominal and back muscles but if youre regularly working them out would it matter ?
>>
>>35473025
Here's what you need to know about dieting, friend.

A pound (or about half-a-kilo) is 3500 calories. In order to gain or lose that, you must either have a surplus or deficit equal to 3500 a week.

If you do 2200, you'll be gaining an average of 1400 calories a week, less than half a pound.

Do a 500 calorie surplus.
>>
>>35473055
Holy fucking shoulder gains.
>>
>>35473055
Slow bulk with 300 cals over TDEE and do 2-3 week minicuts every 3 months to stay lean and gain muscle

Also that's like 15% bf at most
>>
>>35473079
there is no such thing as a body mold. Don't waist your money.
>>
I'm at about 27% body fat.

I read the sticky (the part about body recomp) and it says to cut to about 12-14% before you begin bulking and trying to put on a lot of mass.

Question is, do I put all my focus on cutting for now and spend every day doing cardio as well as dieting or do I continue to focus on lifting but do so with a calorific deficit?

Thanks
>>
>>35473093
Shit, I haven't considered that. Thank you, kind anon. I'm terrified of gaining all that fat that I lost, but I'm willing to do anything. So 2500 calories and 200g protein will do, I think. Should I continue with SL? I can't do cleans at my gym. I still feel weak, I was thinking about deloading a little and continue with the surplus.
>>
>>35473168
Focus on cardio and dieting for now. After getting past the CNS gains and beginner gains you'll make no more gains unless you start eating over your maintenance
>>
File: Vegan.jpg (519KB, 1263x861px) Image search: [Google]
Vegan.jpg
519KB, 1263x861px
>>35470445
Sorry, bro.
>>
>>35472669
>Should I care?
Yes. I recommend checking what the underlying cause is. You mess up your knees, life will get pretty limited.
>>
>>35473245
How do I do that? My searching has yielded no great results. What should I check for? Suggestions?
>>
>>35473258

Doctor
>>
>>35473098
ty bro
>>35473101
according to this site http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
my TDEE is 2416 but i have been eating for an amount of 2500 during this months (18*143lbs) should i even eat more? and beleive me im surely on 20% bf right now
>>
>>35473286
well sorry im checking it and maybe im not 20% but im not 14% either,maybe 18%
>>
>>35473228
Thanks man.
>>
>>35473286
You should try to gain 1-2 pounds a month.

Use this calc:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=67826354506261056428
>>
>>35473274
Really hesitant to waste my time with more doctors in this country. Swedish doctors are disgusting. They are the most passive and uninterested scum I've ever encountered. Not once in my life has a doctor done anything about anything other than suggest I rest for a while or wait a week.

I recently went to the doctor about some bullshit with my throat/tongue. It hurt so much to swallow I could barely make myself eat, and since it also hurt to spit I had to drool over garbage cans. Went to three different doctors within one and two week spans. Same fucking result. Poked my throat real quick, went to check it, and said they had no idea and told me it'd pass. Took almost two months.

My friend had it worse. Went to the doctor about some breathing issues or chest pains or something. Twice they told him to just rest. When he had spent a day googling he learned it was Mycoplasma, pneumonia. Then he had to convince the doctors that it was pneumonia before they actually decided to check for it. It was pneumonia. Walked around with that shit for more than a month.

I swear to fucking god they will literally just tell me to rest and see if it's gone. No matter how many times I come back they will just tell me it'll pass.
>>
File: 1397128018322.jpg (41KB, 853x474px) Image search: [Google]
1397128018322.jpg
41KB, 853x474px
I'm going to start doing compound exercises, full body exercises instead of my usual "body-part-a-day". Today I plan on doing upper body, so I want to do dips, pullups, chinups, and bench.

2 questions: I
1.)Is it kosher to do do pull exercises along with dips and benches?
2.)What other upper body exercises could I put into this routine? looking for 1 or 2 more exercises.
Thanks brehs.
>>
>>35473353
thanks for your reply,last question
how much muscle mass do you lose during cut?
>>
>>35473172
200g protein is horrendous, heinous overkill. Aim for 0.8g-1g of protein per pound of LBM, which in your case is your basically your weight.

First, fix up your diet. Eat at this surplus for two weeks and get used to it. Second, do SS, its worked miracles for dozens of people. Keep lifting until you plateau.
>>
>>35473498
Pretty much nothing as long as you don't do drastic calorie deficits. You just want a slight caloric deficit in order to lean out a bit. After that you'll resume your bulk and repeat
>>
>>35473585
Also, you'll obviously not look shredded if you do it this way. The goal is to stay lean all year round at a normal bf
>>
>>35473543
I was thinking that too, I was just reading the 1.5g thing on Lyle McDonald's website, but sticking to 1g could be enough I guess.
>>
>>35473543
Also, I can't do Cleans on my gym. I read here that there is a version of SS with barbell rows. I know its not the same, but I can't find another option.
>>
>>35473585
>>35473613
Thanks a lot,i will cut a bit then and then keep bulking
>>
>>35473390
My mum had pneumonia, went to doctors and they told her to see a neurologist, she died the next day.
>>
tl;dr why do I need to squat 3 times a week in SL/SS? Wont my legs become huge at one point?
>>
Programs say 8-12 reps but what does it mean? I think I'll just try get 12 reps every set
>>
>>35473841
8 is the minimum you should do,no less than that
>>
>>35473878
But it seems weird to do 12 one set, maybe 8 the next, then 9 or something

Does it really not matter as long as you get atleast 8?
>>
>>35473697
SL 5x5 is fine.
>>
I'm just starting to lift and I'm on the fat side of skinnyfat (6ft1 ~165lbs, 20-25%bf). Should I cut or bulk to start off?
>>
>>35474001
bump
>>
>start increasing squat
>hip injury
>rest and deload
>closing in on new PB
>knee injury
>rest and deload
>starting to come near PB
>back injury
>rest and deload
>maybe this time i'll
>sick
>rest and deload
>ok for real this time
>hips again

If it was easy I guess everyone would have made it, but I suppose it's time I stop before I hurt myself seriously. Anyone else experienced this feeling of god not wanting you to make it?
>>
>>35474001
Diet down.

>>35473823
Squatting hits several muscle groups at once and is an overall excellent strength builder.

If you're only planning on doing SS, that could be a problem. If you're running it u til your linear progression stops, it usually isn't.

>>35473416
Look up some upper lower splits and see how they're laid out. Try Lyle McDonald's generic bulking routine or PHUL.

>>35472998
Depends on the rest of your routine. It's not a necessary exercise all of the time, but it's not necessarily a bad one either.
>>
>>35474001
>>35473228
>>
>>35474080
>If you're running it u til your linear progression stops, it usually isn't.
Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>35474062
That's how it goes. I'd check to make sure it isn't a form issue causing you all these injuries though.
>>
>>35474062
I also had this issue with squats. Genetics is unfortunately part of it.
>>
I've been doing Stronglifts for 6 months and it's been great. I want to start calisthenics, though. Recommended guides?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2905px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2905px
What specific rotator cuff muscles am I working on with these 3 exercises?

My doctor gave me this sheet and it miraculously solved my unstable shoulder problems. It's fucking amazing bros, I need to know this muscle.
>>
>>35474080
Ty based Anon.
>>
two things, /fit/

1) What is the best way to get a good strength/endurance combo? I want to pursue a military carreer and I'm currently doing weighted calisthenics, as in pushups (+30lbs), situps (+10lbs, very careful to form to avoid back problems), pullups (no added weight) and running (I used to be potato, currently on a 5k/24min routine). Can/would weightlifting help me better?

2) I practice HEMA, and my club goes pretty heavy. How can I manage not to destroy my recovery from the day before? Should I just treat our training session as a workout day and skip lift day?
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>35474940
>>
>>35474453
You've posted it a few times now.
I had a dislocated shoulder, severely dislocated, it was fucking hell. Shoulder ball somewhere around my clavicle. Had it fixed for 3 weeks which fucked up my shoulder too, while letting it heal. That was fall 2012, and I went through extensive rehab after a 5 month healing process, because I still couldn't move my shoulder. Anyways, I started lifting after that and made more or less full recovery, and I can try and give some advice.

Get a rubber band for your self. One of those that aren't too strong to begin with.
You can do these exercises with it:
(1)Stand on the middle of it, with the ends in each hand, and then do a lateral raise all the way to the top. Slow and control.
(2)Tie the end to something sturdy, grab the other end and do external and internal rotations with both arms.
(3) Get the middle of it around something, around head height or so (not so important), grab both ends and do facepulls. Pull with each hand towards your face, bringing your elbows straight back, hands next to ear. You can do it with a grip where thumbs turn backwards, and grip where thumbs turn upwards, the first is the hardest.

Do all these exercises slow and controlled, starting with high reps, 15-20 ish, and week after week, move down in reps, trying to increase resistance, getting down to 6-8 reps.

Another one I did, was a rubber band formed as a circle, with around 30cm in diameter. I put my hands into it, and pull it apart, using rear delts. Then try 'climbing' a wall in front of you with spread fingers, moving one hand up (still extending rubber band) and then the others, going up and down till you're tired.

I also did some 'wallslides' and other stuff, but that was more for mobility, being able to lift my arm up again.

In the gym, try and remember to pack your shoulders on push exercises, do then controlled, don't extend your scapula in the end, and do equally amount of pull exercises. Facepulls are good too.
>>
>>35474453
>>35474984
To answer specifically, I don't know much more than you, but you don't need to know more than you can get from assorted youtube videos about rear delt work. I don't know about 'rotator cuff muscles', besides the rotator cuff and rear delt muscle and back muscles.

Don't focus on 'this muscle', focus on doing exercises that in a round and equal fashion work your back shoulder and let's you externally rotate your shoulder, both with light work to work the movement, and a bit heavier work, to strengthen to muscle (can be as light as 10kg and still be heavy for your rear delt - take heavy as below 10 reps - not weight)
>>
Im trainging MMA and need workout plan.
MMA/gymA/MMA/gymB/MMA/gymC/MMA/rest day
Is it good routine?

DAY A:

DL 3x5reps

>1st superset
1arm floor press 4x5reps each side
bulgarian split squat 4x5reps

>2nd superset
lunges 4x10reps each leg
pull-ups 4xF

Sprawl 2x10

DAY B:

Push press 3x8

>1st superset
back squat 4x6
shoulder press 4x6

>2nd superset
chin-ups 4x6
diamond push ups 4x10

burpees 2x10

DAY C:

2rounds of:

Burpees 30s
Push ups 30s
Divebomber push ups 30s
Mountain climber 30s
Squat thrust 30s
Sprawl 30s
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.