[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a man had to replace deadlifts, what should he replace them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: HT-reverse-hyper-3.jpg (101KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
HT-reverse-hyper-3.jpg
101KB, 750x750px
If a man had to replace deadlifts, what should he replace them with?

Had a major car accident and it's been a long road to full recovery. I lucked out and my doc is a lifter himself. After nearly a year things are looking up but he and I are both nervous about me deadlifting heavy again. I've been able to get back into highbar squats, and he suggested I throw in reverse hypers in the mean time.

What else should I look into? GHR's? Bridging?
>>
from a life course perspective a car accident is a decent replacement for deadlifts
>>
>>35458255
Just do reverse hypers @ 25% of squat max for 3 sets of 20 reps as rehab/stretching prior to work out. Then start deadlifting, SLDL, good mornings , seated GM, pin/rack pulls -using light weight until your strong again. Work in more reverse hypers @ 50% of squat max for 3sets of 8-10 reps for strength. Then finish everyday with another set of reverse hypers for rehab @ 25% of squat max for 3 sets of 20 reps.
>>
>>35458326
where'd you get the numbers from? is this a known protocol?
>>
>>35458255
If your doc is okay bridges and those norwegian leg curls (or whatever they're called where you like pull yourself around the knee
>>
>>35458349
>25% of 1rpm squat for 3 sets of 20 reps for rehab/traction of spine

>50% of 1rpm squat for 3 sets of 8-12 reps for hamstring/glute development

Those are the protocols Louie Simmons and medical professionals arrived at during all their research and testing.
>>
>>35458255
>If a man had to replace deadlifts, what should he replace them with?
A purse
>>
>>35458529
neat. would you happen to have a link, or is this in one of his books?
>>
>>35458582
Rippetoe would've chuckled. Epic xD :^)
>>
>>35458613
There's a couple YouTube videos with Louie explaining it. Look up " Louie Simmons Reverse Hyper"
>>
File: image.png (49KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
49KB, 540x360px
>>35458255
Good mornings with barbell? Start light, maybe even with a broom or stick, and work up.
>>
>>35458634
cool thanks
>>
>>35458616
Ironic shitposting is shitposting
>>
can you do rack pulls?
>>
>>35458639
The worst option
>>
>>35458715
They're a great assistant exercise, and OP already said he couldn't do deadlifts, so I assume he's still squatting.
>>
>>35458255
Look up Bill Starr rehab protocol
>>
glute ham raise
>>
>>35458639
Good mornings are literally one of the worst exercises on this planets. Nobody should do them ever.
>>
>>35460768
> good mornings

Have literally broken people's back, literally - ask Louie Simmons
>>
>>35460768
>Im too much of a pussy to lift heavy: the post
>>
>>35460879
Yeah, sure, you can do with your body what you like, but there are always alternatives and when I have the choice between a good exercise and one that reportedly fucked up people's backs, I choose the good one, thanks.
>>
>>35460914
Plenty of people fuck up good mornings same as others fuck up other heavy compounds, may I remind you that unless you're lifting elite world class weights a neutral spine won't brake, a good morning is to a stiff legged deadlift the same as what a squat is to a trap bar deadlift.
Not knowing how to properly perform a lift doest mean you should dismiss it, its the same as Normie's dissing deadlifts and squats
>>
>>35458255
literally just deadlifts with less weight.

focus on having PERFECT fucking form.
and forget about the weight.

do a lmao2pl8 deadlift.... hell, do a goddamn 1pl8

don't worry about the ego liftan. just worry about strengthening your back.

deadlifts are the number 1 back rehabilitation exercise of all time
>>
3x25 deadlift or GHR 3 times a week, GHR unweighted, extremely light deadlifts
>>
>>35458529
Reverse hypers with >200 lbs as a rehab protocol? I'm skeptical.
>>
>>35462834
> 200 lbs as a rehab

You need to read the thread again and actually pay attention. Rehab is 25% of raw 1 rpm squat. Strength development is 50% of raw 1 rpm squat.
In order to use 200 lbs as a rehab protocol your 1 rpm raw squat would have to be 800 lbs.
Do us a favor and when you feel like chiming in please don't and instead just read the thread again.
>>
>>35461879
So if you've injured your back, you should do some deadlifts..man I swear some of the dumbest people decide to lift weights
>>
>>35463585
Confirmed for not being a student of the game
>>
There is no reason to be alive if you cant do deadlift
>>
>>35463585
He said he is already doing squats. If he can do squats, he can do light deadlifts.
>>
When I can't deadlift, I usually do things like

Hyperextensions
Hamstring Curl
Hip Thrusts/Glute Bridge
>>
>>35458255
I don't know the nature of your injury anon, but I found bridges (Especially with one leg elevated) amazing. I don't think they strengthen too much per se, but they seem to stretch out and keep the back happy around lifting.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.