[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fit I think I am addicted to benzodiazepines and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1450422754461.jpg (51KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450422754461.jpg
51KB, 640x960px
Fit I think I am addicted to benzodiazepines and I don't know how to get off

>take benzos everyday for 2.5 years
>have muscle pains, parathesia, numbness, horrible migraines, tremors, spasms
>If I miss a dose I begin to have withdrawals and my body goes numb/panic attacks
>had MRI, nothing wrong whatsoever with my brain & spine

Does anyone else have experience with this shit? I ned some help friends
>>
do they make life more enjoyable taking them everyday?

do they cause brain fog?
>>
>>35455592
i have no enjoyment from them anymore. I use them to not freak out. I guess they cause brain fog. I can hardly concentrate
>>
File: 1450836079332.gif (816KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
1450836079332.gif
816KB, 560x315px
>>35455575
>take benzos for 2.5 years

Fuck
See a doctor bro...
>>
Go and see your doctor you fucking bellend.
>>
>>35455605
>>35455605
do i have dependency?
>>
>>35455599
try getting an adhd prescrip

any uppers drug is better than fucking benzos, if I were you i would just quit and smoke weed and ecigs for a couple weeks to take the edge off.
>>
>>35455622
see I would do this, but the problem is that anytime i have something like feed or alcohol or even caffeine I have these migraine attacks where one side of my body goes numb. I think it has something to do with the increased levels of serotonin and lack of GABA to balance me out
>>
just quit faggot. take a weeks vacation from work and just detox.
>>
>>35455613
yeah go see a neuro surgeon like benzo carson
>>
>>35455631
thats where the nicotine helps, it tickles the same GABA receptors.

nicotine isn't bad but smoking is, try vaping brah.
>>
Benzo is the worst drug to quit cold turkey, hangover wise. Talk to a doctor so you dont die when trying to come off or if you don't wanna tell your doctor, lower doses every other day until you can safely get off
>>
>>35455633
>wanting OP to die this badly
>>
>asking these meatheads for medical advice

Kek, 4 posters have already provided false or terrible advice, i aint even wasting my time pointing them out
>>
OP ILL PAY YOU FOR SOME BENZOS SEND THEM TO ME
>>
File: 1450844809570.jpg (379KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1450844809570.jpg
379KB, 1111x597px
>>35455664
This

The only good advice is see a doctor.
>>
>>35455654
he won't die.
unless he needs to drive anywhere for a month or so then he might die but probably not. well, 50/50. just do it op.
>>
File: 1379679481887.png (157KB, 830x949px) Image search: [Google]
1379679481887.png
157KB, 830x949px
>>35455575
Ween off slowly and consistently. with benz addiction you could FUCKING DIE so see a doctor anyway.
If you don't want to see a doctor anytime soon go check out /benz/ over at 420 for some advice and similar experiences
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
Benzo user here. Klonopin 1mg for 7 months. Down to 0.5 with no side effects aside from incredibly managble bouts of anxiety.

The taper meathod is the only way to get off these meds safely. Cold turkey drastically lowers your seizure threshold and can kill you. But don't freak out or worry. General medical consensus is to switch to a long halflife benzodiazepine like Klonopin and taper roughly 0.25 mg per two weeks. Avoid caffeine, nicotine, other stimulants and especially alcohol. Alcohol will fuck with your GABA receptors and make your withdrawal symptoms worse.

Find a psychiatrist and psychologist. Start a regimen of CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy, you faggots.) CBT is core to staying off these meds. I suffered from panic attacks daily, with non-stop anxiety. I turned to the meds to get rid of my anxiety. But the key to beating this is that it's impossible to eliminate anxiety. It's an emotion. It's a human response to external stimulus. What you need to learn is how to be mindfully aware of your emotions and not let them control your life.

Excelatlife dot com is a wonderful site for out patient CBT practice. Go to that site as soon as possible, OP.

We're gonna make it.
>>
File: 21425634787.jpg (101KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
21425634787.jpg
101KB, 600x600px
lower dose every week
you will still feel like shit and be craving for more, but its much more doable if you have the willpower (also you wont die)

good luck and dont get tricked by your brain into taking 'just a little bit more because it will surely be ok if it's just a little bit more just once'
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.