[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When doing cardio how do I not feel like death afterwards? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (33KB, 464x437px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 464x437px
When doing cardio how do I not feel like death afterwards?

I've got the cardiovascular ability of a dead hambeast and just did 15 hill sprints and everything feels like death.

The feeling afterwards is the reason I don't do cardio, the cardio is easy, it's the burning sensation and the sore throat that I can't stand.

How do I prevent this
>>
Keep doing them.
>>
Do more cardio. Eventually it doesn't feel like that most of the time. It almost always sucks at the beginning of a workout. Ignore it, continue, and it will go away. Occasionally you will be rewarded with an effortless, pleasurable session where it feels like you could go forever.
>>
File: 9283.jpg (207KB, 780x1938px) Image search: [Google]
9283.jpg
207KB, 780x1938px
Listen to Emi and you'll be fine
>>
That's not cardio you retard. Do low intensity steady state; jog at a pace where you can comfortably converse. If you have a friend you could even actually talk while doing it.
>>
>>35445085
The problem with most traditional cardio methods is that they increase your cortisol levels. Cortisol is the hormone that eats muscle tissue and stores bodyfat. Traditional cardio methods also tend to produce too much lactic acid. Bathing your fast twitch muscle fibers in lactic acid is the best way to become slower and less explosive. Basically, lactic acid is kryptonite for fast twitch muscle fibers. If you want to be explosive and powerful you need to avoid excessive lactic acid production. When you pump away on a stair climber or stationary bike you produce massive amounts of lactic acid. This means your vertical jump and forty yard dash time are getting worse by the second. The human body is not designed for long duration, steady state activity, but rather short burst type training of a mixed stimulus.
>>
>>35445036
Shitty route senpai
>>
>>35445167
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
File: cardio.gif (137KB, 1288x2588px) Image search: [Google]
cardio.gif
137KB, 1288x2588px
>>35444969
>>
File: 1451416496414.jpg (2MB, 4268x3100px) Image search: [Google]
1451416496414.jpg
2MB, 4268x3100px
>>35445036
>>
>>35445164
By this logic I wouldn't exist. All i do for the most part is bicycle rides that last at least 15-20 miles at a time, yet my legs are huge musclarly and have ridiculous explosive power. Either my body defies science or you're full of shit. I'm going to go with the later.
>>
>>35445339
Your legs are muscular due to muscle break down (hypertrophy) from the lactic acid. Your fast twitch muscle fibres are first to be bathed in lactic acid and you aren't anywhere near as explosive or fast as you could be if you don't often do endurance cardio.

Excessive amounts of endurance activity have long been known by doctors and scientists to:
• Lower immune system function (which is a reason why many cardio addicts and endurance athletes are constantly sick all year, especially during the winter)
• Increase the production of dangerous free radicals
• Lead to a degeneration of the joints (especially the hips, knees and ankles)
• Increase inflammation throughout the body which can lead to chronic and
fatal disease
>>
>>35445036
>>35445208

Fucking autistic weeb cancer
>>
protip: if you feel like absolute shit after your workouts you're probably not recovering from them enough

a good workout should more or less energize you by the time you're done. if you're doing lots of hill sprints you should rest for a long ass time. even athletes who do lots of sprinting in their sports will do a sprint workout and rest for a week.
>>
File: smug sakura.png (649KB, 977x1195px) Image search: [Google]
smug sakura.png
649KB, 977x1195px
>>35445416
>Complaining about anime on 4chan
>>
http://www.ericcressey.com/so-you-want-to-start-sprinting

short and sweet article on sprinting with some good tips.
>>
>>35445382
>>35445382
>>35445382
> you aren't anywhere near as explosive or fast as you could be if you don't often do endurance cardio
I'm more explosive than every biker I pass except the guys with bikes that cost thousands. I bike out in public, with a path that's somewhat hilly, and my legs are always superior when it comes to explosive power in climbing hills. So you're saying not only am I already surpassing a majority of people, but I would magically be better at doing this, by bicycling less? You're not making sense. I've been doing these rides for about 7-8 years now, and my explosive power has only grown, and so have the distance of my rides.
>>
>>35445498
Your cardiovascular endurance has increased, I'm not denying that, that's why you go further.

What's your vertical jump?
How much can you power clean?

Telling me you ride a bike fast isn't very helpful lol
>>
>>35445382
I'm not that person you quoted, but I find this interesting. I been lifting for years and now I'm finally cutting and I've added a drastic amount of cardio to my workout routine. So it's a bad thing?

I personally enjoy HIIT the most. I run sprints and literally stop for like 30s-1minute and then get up and do it again. I've found the benefits really great, it burns a lot of calories but I also recover quicker when I do weightlifting. I also don't get short in breath nowhere as easily than I used to. (I'm not overweight really or anything, but what I mean is that logically my anaerobic shape is so much better once I've started running.)

Should I ditch running? Is HIIT ok and how many times a week would be okay? (nowadays I run pretty much daily.)
>>
>>35444969

Clarence is a gay cunt, I lift weights in an effort to lessen sadness.
>>
>>35445548
Conditioning and cardio is super important, all I'm really suggesting is that for the sake of explosiveness when weightlifting in particular, you would benefit from short intervals of high intensity cardio.

I like hill sprints, say you do 15-20 then take a 5 minutes break and do it 2 more times or something. Something along those lines.

Jumping rope as fast as you can for 3-5 minutes perhaps then taking a 3 minutes rest and doing it 2 more times?

I'm not entirely sure what's ideal myself, you can do endurance cardio if that's your sport, but if your sport is weightlifting then it's not in your best interest.
>>
>>35445575
I don't have "a sport," I just lift for dem mires and chicks desu.

Good to hear that HIIT is /fit/ accepted. I'm going to ditch long distance cardio now, it's bullshit anyway and a more of a mental battle than a physical exercise with actual benefits.
>>
>>35445604
You should pick up a sport, they're great motivation and a good for conversation.
>>
>>35445164
The massive amounts of bro science in this post I swear to god

Humans evolved to be endurance runners, google it and educate yourself before spouting shit
>>
File: Manlet Master Race.jpg (123KB, 570x852px) Image search: [Google]
Manlet Master Race.jpg
123KB, 570x852px
Wait, what's this about Clarence being sad?
>>
>>35445164
>The human body is not designed for long duration, steady state activity, but rather short burst type training of a mixed stimulus.
Ok stop, just stop
>>
File: donald trump meme frog.jpg (148KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
donald trump meme frog.jpg
148KB, 1024x1024px
>>35444969
>>35445627
This. Stop being an autist. Play pick up basketball. Soccer. Rugby (preferrably, is extremely /fit/ approved and make you a not less of a pussy). Just don't do some shit like softball unless it's for social gainz.
>>
>>35446421
>Humans evolved to be endurance runners

Not at all, retard. Humans evolved to be highly social ambush pack hunters. Hence the highly developed language skills, full rotation in the shoulders, great throwing skills, etc

Endurance running is one variation on this which was so unsuccessful all the peoples who practised it barely left the stone age.

You're cherry picking data to support your point.
>>
>>35444969
cardio is supposed to make you feel good dummy. I don't do hill sprints, but doing 15 of those seems excessive. I'd suggest less intensity.

Having that said I recently picked up boxing and after training and showering, I only really want to eat and sleep. But when I'm doing cardio just for health, such as an easy 30 min jog, I feel energized afterwards.
>>
Yo I just want to be able to run a 5k

That's not an excessive amount of cardio, right?
>>
>>35446540
https://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/3716644/Lieberman_Marathon.pdf?sequence=3
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_running_hypothesis
http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2007/04/humans-hot-sweaty-natural-born-runners/

I can find more if you like. I don't argue that joints and such can be worn down after running very long distances every day, but humans were evolved to be long distance runners, as far as we can tell.
>>
>>35446823
Okay but that doesn't disprove any of the facts in this post >>35445382
Nor does it disprove how endurance cardio is bad for fast twitch muscles fibres which are really important for strength sports.

Hence why we aren't designed for long endurance cardio, because our body isn't adapted against all this shit
>>
>>35446951
The effects you posted are true, but it only really happens when you're running long distances every day, think 5 miles a day. It's been found that health-wise and life-span wise that a moderate amount of activity ~30 minutes of low intensity activity is most beneficial

The effects you're saying is for marathon runners and such which I agree is pushing your body to the limit.
>>
>>35444969
Dumbshit, you're working too hard is the problem. Try just running for endurance most of the time.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.