[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Machine exercises are inferior to using free weights in almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: woj music.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
woj music.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>Machine exercises are inferior to using free weights in almost every situation
How inferior? Isn't easier for a newbie to stick to using machines?
Also, as I understand, most people doing SS or some other meme program have a bad form. Is doing SS the wrong way better than using machines?
>>
doing machines is better than nothing
>>
>>35428942
Just don't do SS the wrong way, then. It's easier, but also gives diminished results. Machines can be used to good effect, but get a solid understanding of your body with BB and DB lifts first. Start light and git gud.
>>
>>35428942
>Is doing SS the wrong way better than using machines?
Ideally you should go to the gym with someone who knows how to coach people on proper form
Failing that, find a gym that has people that will teach you.
>>
machines work just fine, if you use them properly
>>
>>35428974
Personal trainers are kinda expensive. I have no one to go to the gym with.
>>
>>35428942

Machines still help you build good muscle and strength. Its just that most are isolation exercises that use one certain part of the body while free weights tend to use most (or at least more) of the bodies muscles in unison with the others while focusing on one area.

This leads to better all around growth and more "functional" strength as your body is used to full body movements instead of isolated muscle movements.
>>
>>35428988
>Personal trainer
If you find a gym that isn't lame as fuck you'll probably find someone there who's just there to lift who would be more than happy to help you out.
>>
Machines aren't going to get you accustomed to free weights. You need to work free weights to work your stabilizers breh. The only way to learn is just to watch form videos and try and replicate it with low weight until you're comfortable working with higher weight. Machines have their place but they shouldn't be used in place of free weights (unless you're injured or someshit). You also don't even need to do SS. It's just a meme program for people who want to gain a muscle base. You won't look good from it. I would recommend just going heavy (4-8 reps) on your compound lifts and then hypertrophy (8-12) on isolation exercises to gain both a solid compound base and for efficient aesthetic gains. I did this and saw much better size gains and near equal strength gains compared to those who only did SS.
>>
>>35429010
see, i hate this shit. like, i have to be lucky to find someone that will be willing to help. what the fuck do i do if i don't?
>>
>>35428942
>Isn't easier

Yes, which is exactly why you shouldn't be doing it, you pussy.
>>
You'd be better off just working with some dumbbells. It doesn't have to be SS, but at least you'd be using more than one muscle per exercise.
Just don't jack off with then like an idiot.
>>
>>35428942
Don't use the machines, if you're too paranoid about your form, video tape yourself at home and post here, we will critique your form.
>>
>>35429021
You do your research and get it right on your own, you're not a woman. There's a whole wealth of information online, with entire communities devoted to fitness. Dont know what exercises to do? Look up proper exercises for each muscle group. Worried about form? Post vids on image boards and forums to get feedback.
You get the point op, just put in the effort, it won't be easy but it WILL be worth it.
>>
>>35429021

Holy shit you are such a little bitch. Just Google "squat form" and practice it. Do this for every lift. If something feels off post a form check on Reddit. It's not fucking hard and if you can't do this I don't think you're cut out to lift anyway
>>
>>35429247
>leddit
>>
>>35429316
You're actually not going to make it if that's all you got out of that.
>>
>>35429193
>You do your research and get it right on your own, you're not a woman.
98% of /fit/ confirmed for women
>>
>>35429338

>Reddit
>actually
already not making it
>>
>>35429021
You could stop your learned helplessness faggot.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.