[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Runnerfags, I used to run 2 miles at a time once every few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: calf.jpg (13KB, 236x341px) Image search: [Google]
calf.jpg
13KB, 236x341px
Runnerfags,

I used to run 2 miles at a time once every few days. I upped my mileage to 4 miles per run but around a month later I started getting severe tightness in pic related around a mile into my runs.

I stretch like a mofo every day, but still can't even run but 1 mile before the tightness kicks in, and arch-supporting insoles don't help.

Wat do?
>>
Do the sitting calf press
>>
>>35427000
Nice trips. I get them too bro. Run through the pain, your legs will adapt. I take naproxen and it helps with the inflammation. If it gets bad, take a 30 sec walk break and drive on. Do you run hills? I do jog and sprints on hills and it's strengthened my calves. It will get better Familia
>>
>>35427000
Potentially landing too much on your toes, causing stress on the achiles tendon. Try to land on the midfoot.
>>
>>35427000
Stop jogging like a fag and run sprints. Its literally better in every way and burns more calories than anything. Also go the the fucking doctor and ask him why your leg is a pussy.
>>
>>35427000
I got this when I switched to barefoot. I would not recommend trying to push through because it can get worse and leave you in pain when you aren't running.

What I did was made smaller jumps in my distances instead of suddenly going 5 or 10 extra miles in a given week.

Also do heel to toes for increased calf strength. The calf will actually pull on your achilles tendon and give your ankle a good stretch. Do them from negative (toes higher than heel) to positive (on your tip-toes).
>>
I'll ask here
I've got pretty severe flat feet condition, is sprinting a suicide for me? I've got a park nearby so I can run on soil
>>
>>35431733

No. The worse that will happen is shin splints and those go away gradually as you get used to sprinting/running.

Being flatfooted isn't that debilating unless you were so fat you have flat feet, in which case you should walk instead of running.
>>
>get pain
>fit's advice: run trough it

Don't fuck your shit up. Take it easy and listen to your body. Slowly build up your running. Your mind might want to push trough but your body takes longer to adapt.
>>
>>35433608
>shin splints automatically going away
don't listen to this idiot. you need to manage shin splints otherwise you will get hairline stress fractures. I have flat feed and when I first started running, I started getting shin splints. I ignored them and the pain got so bad I could barely walk. Took months for the pain to fully go away.

you can minimize your chances of getting shin splints with flat feet by wearing proper shoes and only running on proper surfaces. I *always* buy the expensive motion control shoes and I *only* run on softer surfaces like grass, dirt, and if I have to, asphalt. I *never* run on concrete.

Doing this I managed to train for and run a sub-4 hour marathon (impressive for normies, a joke for runfags) which is probably way more running than any of these other faggots giving you advice.
>>
While there's runnerfag wisdom around, does it matter that I live on basically nothing but hills, and am effectively always running on an incline? Should I try to change my route to deal with gentler slopes, get certain shoes, or does it not really have any effect on the quality of the run?
>>
Used to get them on my shins. I recommend looking into proper footwear. It's a good idea to have new shoes for running. I shell out the money for new shoes and it helps with proper shock absorption while running. Cured my shin splints and plantar fasciitis (also rested for the plantar)
>>
>>35435552
Adding to this; I go to a running store that watches how you run and recommends shoes according to your habits. Really works.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.