[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>That one friend who you want to see make it but you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: cryingkorean.jpg (44KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cryingkorean.jpg
44KB, 300x300px
>That one friend who you want to see make it but you know he never will
>>
File: fuckyou.jpg (219KB, 850x1106px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.jpg
219KB, 850x1106px
>>35426935
>Not helping that friend make it
>>
>>35426949
>>35426935
This is me.
I've been getting a friend of mine since childhood to go to the gym, but I can't control his diet.
He wont make it if he can't listen.
>>
>>35426949
But he lives 2,000 miles away and I only see him once or twice a year now.
>>
File: lowqualitypepe.jpg (5KB, 213x144px) Image search: [Google]
lowqualitypepe.jpg
5KB, 213x144px
>that friend you introduced to the gym that outlifts you after 10 months of training
>>
>>35426935
I was that friend OP, my buddy finally convinced me after 8 years and I've been going for a year now. Thank you, people like you are rare.
>>
>>35427018
Maybe you just train like a pussy.
>>
>That childhood friend who was like you but turned landwhale.
>tfw all the excuses and fat pride
>tfw will lose him before his time
>>
>>35426935
Bro. I've been going to the gym with my 350 lb neighbor. He's got no car so he only works out when I drive him. He's got a humble attitude about getting fit which is good but when he's not at the gym all he does is play vidya and eat ice cream. He was real enthusiastic about the keto diet but then he gave up.

He's been antisocial and unattached from his family for a long time and I know if he could lose the weight by himself he could make it in the rest of his life.
>>
>>35427533
M8
I have a friend who I try to drag to the gym. He has had a membership for almost 2 years now. And AT MOST goes once Evert two weeks.
Every time I go training, I ask him with.
He just ignores the texts/chat messages concerning the subject or comes up with a weak excuse why he can't. And I'm sure he doesn't go on his own.
WHEN he comes with, I tell him what to do, but he just says he's hurt or something and goes do 3 variations of bicep curls, and some ab work or cardio.
He's only interested in washboard ABS.
I WANT him to make it. but he doesn't want to listen. What do? Just give up on him? I can't, anons.
>>
>>35427643
Didn't mean to quote anyone.
>>
>>35426935

>that feel when you've been sick for 2+weeks and have only lifted twice within those times, and when you did your lifts were lower than before.

Fuck I can feel my gains dying.
>>
File: waiting.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
waiting.gif
464KB, 500x338px
>>35426935

>mate asks to come to the gym with me
>say ok
>tell him I train at 7:30AM most days
>asks if I can maybe train later at like 2 or 3PM
>tell him no
>starts making up bitch excuses instead of just saying he doesn't want to train anymore or just training by himself
>says ok to early morning sessions
>then tells me he can only train on Mon, Tue and Sat because "he's busy those other days"
>finally train with him one morning
>go at my pace with same reps and sets, just lower weight
>throws up and goes home early
>never see him again
>>
File: 1439730810176.jpg (221KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1439730810176.jpg
221KB, 960x960px
>>35426935

>tfw he doesn't know he's the only friend you have
>>
>>35426949
You can lead a horse to water anon...
>>
>>35427643
Wait. The only reasons you'd needs to do that for him is if he's fat or depressed. Otherwise don't bother, not everyone wants to make it
>>
>>35426949
I feel you anon, but it's not that simple. They won't stick with it unless they decide they want it. I think the hardest part is understanding that they don't think there's a problem with their lifestyle when there clearly is. It makes you afraid, because that was you at one point and you're still not totally sure you're out of that pit. You feel like if they can be saved so can you, but they just don't see why they need to change. Not everyone figures it out, so the most you can do is put the offer out there and be a good supportive if they start asking questions.
>>
>>35426935
>>35426949
I know this feel, I'm trying to get a friend to do SL and come to the gym but he doesn't even want to try. He thinks that doing SL isn't going to do anything and he is better off being curlbro
>>
>>35429000
Lifting 3 days a week and going at your pace with lower weight is fine you sperglord
>>
File: 1451461826067.png (477KB, 523x523px) Image search: [Google]
1451461826067.png
477KB, 523x523px
tfw fat fuck gathering info on this board an all my friends are probably thinking this
>>
Fuck you, Derek! I am gonna make it!
>>
>you are that friend
>>
>that friend that worksout more then you but only eats about 1300 kcal and you are 3 times bigger
>>
File: 1441053051682.jpg (30KB, 420x631px) Image search: [Google]
1441053051682.jpg
30KB, 420x631px
>>35429032
>>
I want a friend to save me from my skinny skeleton self. He doesn't even have to lift, I just need someone to go to the gym with cus' I'm scared of gym bullies.
>>
>>35426935
>tfw friend is actually you
been lifting for 2 years.
still huge confidence issues,dislike body, no girls attention, alone on christmas eve.
i thought i'd make it at some point. i believed zyzz..
>>
>>35426949
i do try, but he just won't listen.

i always tell him that he's a strong dude, mentally. and he did lose a lot of weight once and i tell him that was respectable but he's lost his momentum and put it all back on. i always ask him to train etc but he always seems to have an excuse. and whenever i do get through to him, he acknowledges that i'm right, vows to to do something about it, then shuts down and doesn't do dick about it.

i care more about his success than i do.that's the problem. he makes great progress for a while, then lets life get in the way. i used to be the same but not any more. i'm warming up with his PRs despite him being 30kg heavier than me and it drives him nuts. now i'm trying tough love - i call him a fat fuck and shit, just to remind him of what he is.
>>
my friend's stats

>squat: 155kg
>deadlift: 154kg
>bench: 110kg
>OHP: 69kg
bodyweight 76kg, height 6 feet.

says he is dyel. is THAT weak???
>>
>>35436688
Nobody will make fun of you. It's just a room full of equipment different people rent.
>>
>>35436840
>>35436840

I was like you breh, but I managed to get out of shite. Still on my way to becoming a wizard. I know this sounds very fukken gay but love yourself breh. Think of lifting as a mirror that teaches you to live - not alone but with yourself, probably the most important thing you can learn.
>>
At least you guys have friends...
>>
>>35426949
There is only so much you can do, what do you expect anon to exercise and diet for him?
I've given up on my friend who is over 340lb because I tried and tried but he never actually - does - anything, even if you hold his hand.
>>
>>35426977
This. When I'm there he puts in good effort but I have no clue what his diet is. I've given him pointers but I can't force him to use it.
>>
>having friends

confirmed for never making it
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.