[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he thinks stretching before workout prevent injuries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: women-laughing-and-having-fun.jpg (60KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
women-laughing-and-having-fun.jpg
60KB, 600x399px
>he thinks stretching before workout prevent injuries
>2015 and 361 days
>>
>>35387935
the women are laughing at you and having fun at your expense OP

stick to sucking dick instead of failing at being edgy
>>
>>35387935
You really should stretch before a workout.
>>
DYNAMIC STRETCH PREWORKOUT

STATIC STRETCH POSTWORKOUT
>>
That sedentary lifestyle.
>>
>>35389373
Depends how you define stretching.
You should not statically be stretching your muscles for long periods(refer to this as lengthening). Tightness is a double edged sword, yes sometimes it can cause injury but frequently it prevents injury, some places are meant to be tight(huge example, crossfit dipshits foamrolling their lower-back before squatting). You don't wanna lengthen a muscle, thereby weaken it, and then apply force to it.

You lengthen muscles for mobility purposes at times not close to training, so like I do that stuff at night before bed.

If you do need to stretch so that you can get into a certain position, do it in a dynamic fashion, flex into the position, hold for 5 seconds, do sets of 3-5. Things like your hip flexors, or hamstrings.

Ideally the best thing to do as an actual warm up is what is called pre firing.
So pre firing is a system where you take apart whatever movements you are doing and break them into requisite parts and then hit those parts at speed and hold in certain postions.
So for example, hip airplanes, or throwing bands on your knees and squatting with the empty bar, pausing in the hole.
That's how you warm up.
I can link an example of a prefire warm up if interested.
>>
>>35389413
Static post is even really ideal if the goal is increased mobility.
You are too engorged with blood.
Static stretch like post-post workout, like a good deal later, once you have cooled back down.
>>
>>35389459
Please do
>>
Course it does you fucking moron, not completely but it massively reduces muscular injuries.
>>
University track athlete here.

Our warm up takes about 35 mins total and I am at the point of sweating before running or doing our weight lifting set. We basically only do oly lifts. You need to warm up your muscles before exercising.

Sometimes I hate you so much fit it actually puts me in a bad mood
>>
>>35389513
R u upset
>>
>>35389499
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN6HAheRHYQ
>>
File: 1288653380243.jpg (41KB, 464x388px) Image search: [Google]
1288653380243.jpg
41KB, 464x388px
It's been known for decades that stretching before exercising can be harmful and will reduce your performance.

All you need to do is gradually get into the movement until you reach the maximum amplitude. Definitely no static stretching
>>
>>35387935
I'm convinced /fit isn't about joining forces to better ourselves. It's more about hindering eachothers progress with false memes. I feel sorry for the newbs that fall for this stuff.
>>
You should stretch, but you should also do some light cardio before that... even if it's just like 5 minutes worth.

I walk in, light jog on the treadmill for 10 minutes, stretch out, then start lifting.
>>
File: klokov stretch.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
klokov stretch.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>implying there is no difference between static and dynamic stretching
>implying those girls wouldn't molest klokov while he stretches before lifting
>>
>>35391982

Oh, and I stretch again after as well.
>>
>>35392019
god damn he could probably suck his own dick with that flexibility
>>
>>35389459
great post , thanks anon
>>
>>35392019

is running your back over the bar like that good for you? I do it because on occasion because it feels good at the time.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.